Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

MARCH 2017 FAVORITES !

it is time.

march17faves.jpg

1. REN evercalm gentle cleansing milk. i've had this for a little while, and have enjoyed it, but this month i grew to love it. i just find it's so comforting (as the name would suggest) between the creamy texture and the smell (vaguely tea-like ?). leaves my skin plump but not so rich that it causes me any problems. i typically use this as an a.m. cleanse.
  2. REN vita mineral omega 3 optimum skin oil. another REN product, another product that i have had for a little while but have grown deep appreciation for only this month. when i first got it last fall, it immediately helped sort out a flakey nose situation that was going on. i was so impressed i more or less overused it and it caused a minor break out. but now i know it wasn't the product, but how--in my over enthusiasm--i was using it. one pump does me, i particularly like using it in the morning (or part of facials) on no makeup days. it's very lightweight and yet nourishing and glow-and-bounce-giving. 
  3. BITE multisticks. my enthusiasm for these was born after receiving the 'almond' shade as a 100 pt perk. i've now picked up cashew and mascarpone as well. i use them for everything--eyes, cheek and lips. i lovvvvve the monochromatic look and these make it a breeze.
  4. CLINIQUE chubby stick sculpting highlight. another 100 pt perk discovery, this is my perfect highlight color !!!!!!!!. i find it just blends into my skin so seamlessly, but still provides the perfect amount of wet-look glow. no glitter, natural but not entirely undetectable. i've read some people find this wipes off their foundation, i haven't experienced that, but there is a bit of a wet texture to this (it doesn't bother me). i don't wear highlighter that often, but this one has me wearing highlight every day.
  5. KORRES lip butter (this one is in wild rose; i love all of them). my favorite balm. butter is the perfect word for these. they're blissful to use (just feel amazing) and the pigmentation--for a balm--is actually quite lovely ! i'm glad i've brought this back into my life after a 7 year hiatus.
  6. NARS audacious angela. i've been craving pink-stained lips for spring, and have found myself reaching for angela the most. most cool-toned pinks scare me (it can go barbie real fast, which just isn't my thing), but angela (who has a hint of purple rather than blue, which is why i think i can make it work) brightens my face so brilliantly and consistently gives me a perfect orchid-stained pout. i tend to apply with my finger and press into my lips.
  7. THE SUM - THE BLACK EDP. this niche perfume is super simple: it's oud. the sum is a jewelry brand based out of L.A. and each of their fragrances has a sterling silver ball floating in the juice that lends a hint of metallic aquaticness that makes them all rather unique. this perfume is totally unisex and sophisticated and utterly minimal. lovvvvve.

ok that was a lot ! YOUR TURN !

Re: MARCH 2017 FAVORITES !

@Titian06 that tarte palette has all the colors I need in my life....although I'm sure I may have 50 other versions of them already! haha 😄

XOXO,
Marieke

@Titian06 i was surprised by just how much i lovvvved the E&J nirvana bourbon. i posted in the random thoughts thread that it is similar to something i wore about 14 years ago because i've been having proustian memory wormholes every time i dab on my little sample. i'll definitely be getting the rollerball, at least.

Yay! I've been thinking of things for this thread all month long!

Okay, I'm really sad that I never take pictures of my faves but here we gooo...

Diptyque Eau Duelle

I never in my life thought I'd like a VANILLA fragrance but this smells wonderful without being too cloying or in-your-face. Thank you lovely @Gwenhwyfar for the sample Heart

Glossier Cloud Paint - Beam

I've been on a huge cream blush kick lately and I'm really loving how the Cloud Paint sets. It doesn't go on dry or patchy and doesn't stay tacky like some cream blushes I've tried.

Honorable mentions: Besame Crimson Cream Rouge, RdF Inner Glow in Lovesick

Cosrx Natural BHA Skin Returning A-Sol

Occasionally I get pore congestion on my cheeks around my nose and this has really helped clear it up. I use this product only when needed!

KVD Liquid Lipstick in Lolita II

Rediscovering an old favorite for Spring!

@malday haha I just pulled out my Lolita II too for the warmer weather! It's a perfect color. 🙂 

XOXO,
Marieke

eau duelle is one of my all time favorites. it smells of spiced (rather than sugared) vanilla tea.

@malday I'm so glad you liked one of the fragrance samples I sent. I'm also completely in love with my Cosrx BHA stuff... Favorites list coming soon! 😄

Cosrx has some excellent items, and so reasonably priced!

Side note: @jemly I looove multisticks, they are a year round fave!

That Clinique highlighter stick came in a Play box a while back, and it was the first highlighter I tried and loved! 

I was just thinking about my monthly favorites this morning. I'll post a picture and comments later.

I've heard such great things about that chubby stick, I have to check it out!

I need to think but YAY!!  Your picture is amazing as always Jem.  The Sum fragrances sound wonderful!  I must seek them out.

@michelleshops i know just where you can find this fragrance ! 😉

Agreed, @michelleshops@jemly takes the most delectable photos. I want everything.

Conversation Stats
Photos16
  • march17faves.jpg
  • IMG_9255.JPG
  • IMG_3178.JPG
  • march.jpg
  • MarchFavorites2017.jpg
  • IMG_2754.JPG
  • IMG_6660.JPG
  • MarchFaves.jpg
  • IMG_0191.JPG
  • March-Favs.jpg