Loyalty to a Brand?

tracygirl64

Loyalty to a Brand?

Are there any particular products/brands that you are completely loyal to?  Ever since I discovered Josie Maran's brand 3 years ago, I have not switched my skincare. That is really saying something, because I am a beauty product junkie! Also, I'm super loyal to WEN since switching to it over 2 years ago.  What beauty products/brands are you loyal to and would consider your ultimate holy grail?

ry22

Re: Loyalty to a Brand?

Tarte :smileyhappy: I love their blushes

tracygirl64

Yes! I love Tarte blushes too, ry22! :smileyhappy:

mdelrosario91

Brands I am loyal to are Urban Decay, Wet n Wild (I mean, have you tried their eyeshadows and lipsticks?!), and Revlon.

My HGs:

-Skincare (routine): Clinique soap bar, Stridex Maximum Strength Pads, Chamomile and Sea Salt toner (DIY), Rosewater, and FAB Ultra Repair Cream

-Face Primer: Smashbox Photo Finish - Green ...so far

-Foundation: MUFE Mat Velvet +

-Concealer: MUFE Full Cover

-Powder: LM Translucent Loose Setting Powder

-Bronzer: the bronzer in the Lorac Pro to Go Eye/Cheek Palette ...so far

-Blush: NYX Dusty Rose

-Eyeshadow primer: NARS Smudgeproof 

-Eyeshadow: UD Buck

-Mascara: Maybelline The Rocket

-Lip treatment: Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask

-Lipstick: Revlon Pink in the Afternoon or MAC Cosmo

I think that's it? Gosh, I use too many products..need to stop.

BrennaBombshell

The only thing I use for a body moisturizer is Caudilie Divine Oil. The super light fragrance is very gentle, so I don't have to worry about being overpowering, and it makes me feel smooth without being greasy. Also, it's gentle enough to use after I shave my legs, with no irritation, and I have super, super sensitive skin. 

It's hard for me to stay loyal to one particular brand of any kind of makeup, skincare, et cetera though, because I just love trying new things!! 

Oh, and my Tarte eyelash curler. It's the best one I've ever used and can't see switching any time soon.

tracygirl64

I love my Tarte eyelash curler! I've been using it for about 5 or so years now! Best one I have ever owned! :smileyhappy:

BrennaBombshell

Same! I never thought it was a big deal, using drugstore curlers. I figured eye pinching and kinked lashes were just normal. Then I got my Tarte and we lived happily ever after. :smileyvery-happy:

MlleCC

Yes! Another Caudalie fan! I love the smell of the Divine Oil as well, but personally I didn't find it any more moisturizing for my dry legs than my drugstore Burts Bees Lemon Oil. Did you find that it performed better than other oils that you've tried?

BrennaBombshell

Well, my skin isn't normally dry, since I have such heavy humidity. When I went to Colorado last year, I needed a more intense moisturizer. I thought I was gonna turn to dust from the dryness!!! But what I like most is that if I do sweat, it doesn't ball up on my skin (the oil). I've noticed with other oils, if you sweat, you start feeling greasy. The Caudilie absorbs so well! But I do find it a bit more moisturizing than most drugstore oils, without being so heavy. But I haven't tried the Burt's Bees!

jammiex33

Urban Decay for sure!

and LORAC - so I'm really sad that Sephora is no longer selling Lorac products

And for skincare, i am a hardcore follower of GlamGlow now (:

irenet

Oh yeah, I'm a Wen girl too. Love it! I'm also loyal to anything Clinique. I tell my boyfriend all the time, he just has to buy any Clinique product and I would love it. NARS is one of my favorites as well as Laura Mercier. But that Josie Maran Light Oil is wonderful. Funny, I'm not really a brand girl for clothes although I'm a Jeffrey Campbell junkie.

srikandi

I am loyal to SK II products! stray every once in awhile in hope I could find a better replacement to these with lower price. I just bought Josie Maran duo(100% Argan oil with radiance for face, body and hair). So far it's just okay. Still not as good as my SKII moisturizer. 

sephoramusthave

I'm loyal to these products ( but I do stray from time to time just because I like to see what else is out there)

1. Neutrogena pure and free liquid daily sunblock

2. mychelle sunshield unscented

3. l'occitane ultra rich face cream

4. Maybelline the falsies mascara ( not falsies flared, just the original falsies)

5. kat von d lock it tattoo foundation

6. thayers alcohol free toners

7. origins never a dull moment cleanser

That's all that comes to mind for now. These are all products that I've been using for awhile and have repurchased several times and am planning on repurchasing again in the future when I run out.

kssweetheart

[ Edited ]

I will try other things, but I'm pretty loyal to some Philosophy products. For me, nothing else works as well as Purity Made Simple Cleanser and The Oxygen Peel - The Oxygen peel is my HG, I don't know What I'd do if they ever retired it. If that were to happen, I might never leave my house again. :smileysad:

Spoiler
You think I'm kidding? I think and fear I'm not. :smileytongue:

lylysa

Oxygen Peel...YESSSS!!!!! You know what I've found to be a good daily booster to keep up the results and feeling of the OP? Kate Somerville's Dermal Quench spray! Same mentality of using oxygen to flush and refresh skin, but it also contains hyaluronic acid to condition.

I love the visual of the OP, it's like marshmallow foam on the face!

kssweetheart

I always get so excited when I find out other peeps love the same things I do. So glad you love the Oxy Peel and so shocked when you mentioned Kate Somerville's Dermal Quench, I love that too! (I'd love it more if I used it more consistently) My makeup goes on nicely after using this.

I originally got Dermal Quench as a TSV or Special Offer from QVC on Auto-Delivery, and the price was great. That program ended and now it's back to regular price. :smileysad: Where do you get yours? any special offers that you know of?

My little Nieces Love the Oxy Peel (well, initially it scared the heck out of the youngest one - I wish I could have seen it through her eyes)- we call it the 'Mrs. Doubtfire' mask - do you know the scene I'm referring to? So incredibly funny.

Our shared love of these products just gave me 2 more reasons to like you, as if there weren't enough reasons already. :smileyhappy:

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Hahaha! Mrs. Doubtfire! That's EXACTLY what it looks like! I've tried the Bliss Oxygen Peel and though I loved the smell, it didn't give the same results as the Philosophy one, I like the Bliss one added into cleanser as a citrus smelling booster!

I don't always use my Dermal Quench, but I did when it was colder as I wanted my more intensive products to sink in and absorb better. I buy the little can and it'll last me about 2-3, but I also only spray 3 lines since so much can come out of the can. I do one line at my forehead and one line down each cheek. I believe the original directions call for 3 lines down each cheek and that's just wayyyyyy too much. This helps to stretch the use of a can out too. Once I run out, I tend to go about 2 months without buying one, but then snag another back up again. There used to be a kit of a mini DQ and tube of ExfoliKate, can't remember if it was a full sized one or a trial.

*HIGH 5 for the OP and DQ lovin'!

emmaclaire

I'm not unwaveringly loyal to any brand because I like trying new things too much, but there are definitely brands or products that I favor!

The one solid commitment to a product I can think of is Neutrogena's makeup removing wipes.  I have been using (and loving) those for around 10 years.  But I don't really give a darn about Neutrogena as a brand so I'm not sure that counts LOL

I really love Make Up For Ever when it comes to eye makeup - I have about 6 or so MUFE aqua eyes liquid liner because I absolutely adore the formula and applicator.  I don't like a lot of their face/skin products though, so again, not exactly brand loyal across the board.

Smashbox is a go-to for foundation, and I have really enjoyed most of the products I've used from them, but I wouldn't say I'm particularly brand loyal beyond the foundation.

Wow I really can't commit apparently!  Ummmm I've used the same shampoo for 11 years, and I doubt I'll ever switch - but it's just Head & Shoulders LOL I suck!

Manda

Okay so we all know about Nars and Bite for me, so I won't go into detail about the.

Dior: Seriously, I was afraid to use their skincare line due to fragrance and how sensitive my skin is. I wish I hadn't for Dior has been one of those brands who had actually been really kind to my sensitive skin. No irritation, no acne, no nothing.

Shiseido is another brand. First tried their cleanser (it was an accidental purchase because I wanted more so a non foaming, cream cleanser) and now their eye cream. I am looking it!

MlleCC

I used to be loyal to Caudalie for skincare and body products after having discovered the brand while living abroad, but the high mark-up in their U.S. prices is absolutely ridiculous, and from my personal experience, are not in line with either the quality of ingredients in their products, or with the results that their products give.  While I still love some Caudalie products and may repurchase them during sales, I have since branched out to other "natural"-focused skincare lines, like REN and Jurlique.

lsp2005

I used to be extremely loyal to Lancome for everything, but since they cut the moisturizer I loved, I have branched out in nearly every aspect of my make up.

I love Laura Mercier for her concealers and eye shadows.

I love korres for their moisturizers.

I love Marc Jacobs for his foundation.

I love YSL for their lipsticks. 

I also really like Too Faced for their neutral palettes. 

Urbie

For make up, I usually stick with BareMinerals and Tarte, but I cheat on them for eye liner.  I'm a skincare junkie, so I am always switching stuff around, but there is always at least one Origins, Murad, and Korres product stuck in the mix.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 128 replies
  • 164 hearts
  • 85 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • nikki
    • islandqt
    • michelleshops
    • sephoramusthave
    • killahbabe