tracygirl64

Loyalty to a Brand?

Are there any particular products/brands that you are completely loyal to?  Ever since I discovered Josie Maran's brand 3 years ago, I have not switched my skincare. That is really saying something, because I am a beauty product junkie! Also, I'm super loyal to WEN since switching to it over 2 years ago.  What beauty products/brands are you loyal to and would consider your ultimate holy grail?

beauty4ashes

Re: Loyalty to a Brand?

(0) Hearts

The ONLY product I've used for decades without stopping.

dolceloure

(0) Hearts

For makeup, I'm pretty loyal to Too Faced, Kat Von D and NYX. I definitely purchase/like other brands, but these three are my absolute favorites whose products I'm always excited to try out and have total faith in.

For skincare, I'm all about Ole Henriksen! The truth serum + wipes are my main repurchases, but I love most of the other products in the OH line. 

A couple of random products that I love (but not necessarily the entire brand) are Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus eye cream, Kate Somerville ExfoliKate, Philosophy Miracle Worker Retinoid Pads. They're all the most effective products of their type (on my skin anyway).

mpas

(0) Hearts

I can be a brand bandwagon-er. I'll get a product from a specific brand and think its amazing and assume other products by the same brand is amazing and want to try it all. I've definitely done it to a lot of brands.

Examples:

Dior - Love the lipsticks, blush, eyebrow pencil. Foundation was ok. Better mascaras exist for me.

Stila - Love my eyeshadow palette and eyeliner, primer was meh

Guerlain: Shadow palettes, mascara, and lipstick. Foundation did not work on me at all.

Lancôme: Liked the lipsticks and concealer. Did not care for mascaras and eyeshadows

Kevyn Aucoin: Love the lipsticks and sensual skin enhancer. Mascara was just ok, liquid airbrush foundation was a no go.

Givenchy: Slowly adding to my collection. Haven't disliked anything yet. The ombre shadows are my least favorite of the bunch,

Armani: Love both my luminous silk and maestro foundations, lipsticks, blush, and liquid bronzer. I can say that my maestro compact was the biggest disappointment.

Skincare is the one thing I try to stick to the most. I always think there is something better so I love trying new samples. I was an avid Elizabeth Arden user for a couple years. It was my first foray into high end skincare. My skin did improve but eventually my skin got too "used to it" I suppose and I was no longer getting the same results. I switched to caudalie and used over half of my products and saw no changes whatsoever in my skin. Then I went into Amorepacific and my skin is a million times better. My problem with it is the price. So I tend to wait for sales either thru AP or Sephora and survive in between with all my samples. =)

meecheroo

(0) Hearts

Perricone MD for skincare. The only product that helps me get to VIB satus every year is their $55 pore minimizing toner. I can't find a foundation that I really like. Becca's satin foundation was actually nice and flawless looking but a little greasy for me. I like Lancome's Teint Idole foundation but it's hard for me to want to spend a lot of money when my face is so oily and it just comes right off. I've just been using Revlon's Colorstay foundation for now. I like Fresh lip treatments and REN clearcalm lotion for helping my breakouts at night. I'm usually down to try new stuff. My bathroom is loaded with new products I haven't tried yet. I wonder if I'll ever get to them. I just signed up for Birchbox too yikes lol All in all, I like Perricone MD, Lancome, and Fresh for now. I want to try Laura Mercier next.

AlisG

(0) Hearts

I don't know. I have so many things from so many different brands! I think I'd have to say:

Eyeshadows: Urban Decay, MAC, Too Faced
Lipsticks: Bite Beauty, MAC
Eyeliner: Nars, Kat Von D (Liquid)

.. and I'm still working on finding my go-to highlighter, concealer, primer, mascara, etc etc. But I seem to already have too many brands to choose from. :smileytongue: 

StraightRhodes

(0) Hearts

I'm typically more loyal to products than brands. Like I love to death my Tarte BB Cream, but I don't really love their shadows. I love my Korres Moisturizer, but I don't use anything else by them. 

However that being said I am covetous about Kat Von D's stuff. I have so many of her palettes and I love them. 

sora13

(0) Hearts

Let's begin with makeup. I'm beginning to be very loyal to NARS seeing as I own their concealer, tinted moisturizer, and blush. I plan to buy more NARS blushes because I love the result I get. I'm thinking of buying their lipsticks and eye shadows but I'm not too sure. I'm beginning a loyalty with Cover Girl mascaras, clump crusher plus professional super thick lash mascara give me very long and thick lashes.

I'm loyal to my MAC fluidline in blacktrack since 2010, even though there may be better formulas out there, once I find what works, I don't like to stray.

For skin, I stick to CeraVe and Paula's Choice for cleanser, Hada Labo for toner, Neutrogena for bha, CeraVe for moisturizer. For serums, I like to try out different ones for fun! I've tried Ole Henriksen, Estee Lauder, and REN serums. For sunscreen, Shiseido is often what I use, however, I am branching out to other brands to see what's out there. You can tell I go on Reddit looking at my skincare routine.

VerukaPrime

(0) Hearts

I'm loyal to a brand for certain areas of beauty, but no one gets everything right in the makeup lane. Skincare is a different story. For that , it's Fresh. They make an amazing deodorant too.

Face:

I swear by Laura Mercier foundations and powders. AMAZING GLOWING SKIN. I think I need to give the concealer another go, but she owns my face. I used to love Makeup Forever, but LM gives you rich girl face while MF just gets the job done. 

Kat Von D makes great powder foundations for contouring.

Blush:

Umm.. Nars Liberte and Torrid. Forget Orgasm. The end. 

Highlighter:

Park Avenue Princess by Tarte. May it reign forever on my face. 

Eyes:

Givenchy makes the BLACKEST mascara EVER. Full , dramatic lashes like you wouldn't believe. Had to give up my Dior Show for it. Shadows? I go back to Dior ( the Navy palette is SO much more dazzling then it looks in the pan) . It's like BUTTER and encourages you to buy less. I get my NARS from a used makeup site. He is good, but outrageously priced given the minimalist packaging and the quantity of shadow comparatively.

Nails:

Formula  X and Marc Jacobs and a brand they don't sell here called CULT (it comes in square bottles). ZERO chips. 

dazzlingcrystal

(0) Hearts

Fresh is my favourite skin care brand, too. I have very dry sensitive skin and the black tea line helped to make my skin quite steady, no crazy allergies anymore!

Marika123

(0) Hearts

I have to admit - I'm Dior addicted. It all started with foundations - for some reason Dior had the best shades for my pale cool toned skin that didn't make me look orange or ashy, it was the perfect balance for me. But then I got curious and tried their mascaras, and Diorshow Iconic has been my staple ever since. It gets worse - I got hooked up on their buttery smooth powders, including bronzer and highlighter. And of course I couldn't resist eyeshadow quints, they are so blendable and color selection is great. And those lipsticks and lipglosses were calling my name, I just had to get a couple of those!

Don't get me wrong, I'm always trying new things. In fact, recently I've tried Armani Luminous Silk and I'm pretty sure this would be my new foundation choice, it just seem to have better lasting power, sorry Dior.

I do love MAC, their concealers have the best color selection and formulations for about anyone, their lip primer is amazing, and brow pencil in Lingering has been my favorite for years. But for some reason Dior colors look so good on me, it's like they were designed for my complexion. I feel it's similar of how Shiseido looks on Asian skin - my friend can get almost anything and she looks gorgeous, but when I try the same product, it never looks as good on me, as if it was specially made to complement her complexion. Does anyone else get the same feeling when one brand seem to be made to suit you?

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

Let's see. I really really like UD and TF for palettes.  And kat Von d!!!!

i am in love with ysl for foundation and face

skin care I love ole hendriksen 

starsandbucks

(0) Hearts

I've certainly become less loyal as I've gotten older. My favorite makeup brand is Make Up For Ever followed by Nars and then probably Laura Mercier so I look for products in that order when I want something new and then everything else is just up in the air and whatever looks good at the moment. 

I used to be extremely loyal to Aveda but I moved and it just became inconvenient to shop there. Then when I moved again and I was close to an Aveda store/salon the women who worked there were just sooooo up in my face pushing product the whole time I was browsing that the shopping experience became so painful that I just sorta stopped using their products. And I had so many Aveda points built up too! Now that I'm thinking about it though I'd really like to go back to using the Brilliant shampoo and conditioner when I use up my current s&c. I miss that wonderful smell. 

For skincare I just hop around looking for stuff that works depending what stage of life my skin is behaving like. I've been using an Avene cleanser for the past few years but once I use up my current bottle it's time to find something new. My face feels dry after I use it, which it never used to before. 

jemly

(0) Hearts

we have similar inclinations :smileyhappy:

(and you can always get aveda shipped online !)

andyhtrieu

(0) Hearts

Real Techniques. Almost ALL of my brushes are from RT. I have a few ELF, Coastal Scents, and brushes from eBay. 

armybeauty

Urban Decay. I'm a total UD freak here... At least for eye-products. once I found Urban Decay Eyeshadows, PP, and their mascaras, it's been hard for me to be truly happy with any other eye makeup products. (It's soooo bad!)

Lips:

-Gloss: anything shimmery from Hourglass or Buxom.

-Lipcolor: Bite Beauty

Face: I just recently discovered Becca (foundation, blushes and highlighter) and Givenchy (foundation) face products, but so far, I'm slightly obsessed.

Skincare: Boscia, GLAMGLOW (I know, I know...), say yes to carrots/cucumbers/blueberries towelettes, Kate Somerville... But my skin has never been better, especially going through another pregnancy (I'm halfway there and only had one or two small breakouts that were gone within 48hours!).

AlisG

(0) Hearts

Wow. Congratulations for baby #2! 
I totally agree with your UD obsession. I got that bug when I was 16 and I haven't shaken it... nor do I want to. :smileytongue:

jemly

(0) Hearts

congrats :smileyhappy:

armybeauty

[ Edited ]

Thanks! Baby #2 and only a couple teeny breakouts so far. :smileyhappy: I broke out all the time with my first, but had awesome hair. Hormones are really something else!

nightknight

(0) Hearts

For me:

-Guerlain

-YSL

-Too Faced

In order of loyalty.

jemly

[ Edited ]

i'd like to revive this thread ! i searched for it thinking of starting my own thread on this topic...

if you look at my makeup bag i'm no doubt loyal to NARS and givenchy and MAC. 

i'm also always checking out make up forever though i currently don't own much from them.

i love urban decay IN THEORY but find their colors rarely work for me. i think i'm subconsciously put off by the packaging even a little bit ?? which may sound absurd but...truth. i also had a bad experience YEARS ago with buying a bad foundation (since discontinued) which i think made me too skeptical....perhaps i'll revisit some day soon.

drug store makeup, i tend to be particularly loyal to rimmel (lips & eyeliners), revlon (lipstick--they used to have fantastic matte lipsticks that were discontinued, but i still catch myself looking for them *just in case* even though its been like 4 years since i last saw any !!!), maybelline (mascaras) and NYX (eyes and lips)

skincare i'm semi-loyal brand wise while still full-on obsessed in general. caudalíe, clarins, REN, murad and kate somerville are my go-to sephora skincare brands. i also LOVVVVVE aveda products--which is convenient and unsurprising when there's an aveda store right next to a sephora in the hometown you grew up in :smileywink:

but i will admit i feel a bit of an oddball here. i see a VERY clear brand loyalty from BT'ers to urban decay, KVD, too faced, tarte, and hourglass. most of these brands i bypass when in-store. it's funny how these loyalties develop over time :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 115 replies
  • 158 hearts
  • 74 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • nikki
    • islandqt
    • sephoramusthave
    • killahbabe
    • chupi