tracygirl64

Loyalty to a Brand?

Are there any particular products/brands that you are completely loyal to?  Ever since I discovered Josie Maran's brand 3 years ago, I have not switched my skincare. That is really saying something, because I am a beauty product junkie! Also, I'm super loyal to WEN since switching to it over 2 years ago.  What beauty products/brands are you loyal to and would consider your ultimate holy grail?

marydiva

Re: Loyalty to a Brand?

I realized the other day that every eyeshadow palette I own is from Urban Decay! I tried a Lorac palette but HATED it - so that's going into a TSB. 

So, although I wasn't intentionally loyal to UD, I guess at the end of the day, that definitely counts as brand loyalty. 

I'm also loyal to Bite, because literally - there is no other lipstick like their lipstick! It's pigmented and literally STAYS so well. I haven't met a better one, so it's Bite for life!

Also - in terms of foundation, I haven't really strayed from BareMinerals, although I caught myself looking at some NARS foundation these past few weeks, so you never know! 

tracygirl64

(0) Hearts

Gosh, I've heard such good things about Bite's lipsticks. I really need to go into my Sephora and check them out.

ladymeag

[ Edited ]

Skincare - First Aid Beauty

Nail Polish and Care - Zoya 

Perfume - BPAL

Lipstick - MAC

Brows - Anastasia Beverly Hills

I seem to be slowly becoming an Urban Decay shadow person - I've used MAC, NARS, Kat Von D, Too Faced, and a million other brands and my collection seems to be slowly accumulating more UD shadows. 

I'll try new things that look interesting from other brands but I find myself only keeping and repurchasing the above. 

sarinalove

Philosophy

Hourglass

Makeup Forever

kcirtap

I am super loyal to Koh Gen Do's Cleansing Spa Water. That's the only thing I purchase consistently. For everything else such as facial cleanser, skincare, foundation, brows, lipstick, etc. I'll try products from all different brands.

SilveryPink

I would worship at 

Bite 

Dior 

Fresh

Lancome

NARS

OCC

PTR

Tarte

TokyoMilk 

feet if i wasn't christian :smileywink:

But in all seriousness, I will buy from Bite NARS and Tarte for life. 

mbliger

I own alot of different products from alot of different brands, but my HG products that I always replace would have to be:

Makeup Remover - Mac Cleanse Off Oil

Skin Cleanser - Origins Checks and Balances

Moisturizer - Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Eye Cream - Clinique Anti-Gravity Firming Eye Lift Cream 

Eyeshadow primer/base - Mac Paint Pot in Painterly

Brows - Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Ash and ELF clear brow mascara

Foundation - Estee Lauder Double Wear

Powder - NARS 

Blush - Benefit Box Powders or NARS

Mascara - Benefit or Estee Lauder

Lipstick - Mac Faux

LOL!!  Just to name a few.  

HelloCoffee

I have Faux, it's a great shade!

killahbabe

Josie Maran is fabulous. I bought all of the holiday sets and have found every product I've tried so far to work great for me. I will always love Tarte's blushes even though I'm not happy with their "reformulations" that have caused their products to shrink in size (by half!) and have the price remain the same. Something I've discovered today that I love is Dr. Jart's BB cream. I will be getting his BB cream sampler kit to try out the other three variations.

tracygirl64

*high fives killahbabe* Josie Maran is fabulous! :smileyhappy:  The Tarte blushes have shrunk in size??? I didn't know that, those are my favorite blushes too! :smileysurprised: :smileysad:

killahbabe

Their cream blushes are now half the size. :smileysad: But the powder blushes are the same size (for now)...

tracygirl64

(0) Hearts

Oh, got ya. The cheek stains. Those were always so huge! I can't believe they made them smaller, but still charge the same price. So lame! I'm a big fan of the Amazonian Clay 12-hour blushes, the cheeks stain always felt sticky and would sometimes break me out. But, I do have combo-oily skin.

thesupergirl

Urban decay and Josie Maran are my absolute favorite brands.

tracygirl64

(0) Hearts

*high fives supergirl* For loving Josie Maran too! :smileyhappy:

islandqt

Eyeshadow primer- Urban Decay

Face Wash- Peter Thomas Roth

Nails- Orly, Seche Vite Top Coat, Illamasqua

Mascara: L'oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black

Eyeliner: L'oreal Lineur Intense (the felt tip is perfect)

Hair Masks: Oscar Blandi, Kerastase

Body Lotion: Keri lotion for extra dry skin (the formula says non-greasy and it actually is)

Body Wash: LUSH Dreamwash

Lipstick: Make Up Forever

Foundation: MAC Studio Tech

Foundation daytime: Clinique CC cream

tehprincessjenn

Long story short: 

Lips- Guerlain

Eyes- Vacant (Guerlain lacks shades and with Urban Decay and Mac, there is real competition); Plus with eyeliner and mascara needing to be 120% waterproof, BRANDS WILL VARY. (Still like Guerlain MaxiLash) 

Face/Complexion- Guerlain

Cleanser/Moisturizer- Philosophy

Exfoliant/Mask- Vacant

Nails- OPI (see Manicure note) 

But I have a serious brand loyalty to Guerlain- I even have a bag full of just Guerlain make-up products. Plus I collect some of their products. 

annypoo

I'm pretty loyal to Urban Decay. I tend to like a lot of the products they come out with. Eyeshadows, liners, setting spray, foundation, powder...

stacv

I have HG products that I will never stay from- Ole Henrickson skin care namely- but otherwise I love trying new brands. Even when I love something, I tend to stray away to try something new after a few purchases.

I tend to obsess over anything new from UD, Dior and Nars.

iheartmakeup95

I am very loyal to Urban Decay, Too Faced, and Nars. I love their products. For skincare I love Murad and Boscia.

shortstuff07

The only major loyalty I have is to cruelty free brands.  I'll probably try them if they fall in that spectrum.  

Brands I really gravitate towards:

Hourglass

Bite

Nars

Urban Decay

Tarte

Too Faced

OCC

Butter London

AG Hair Cosmetics

Drybar

tracygirl64

Yea, I only use natural and cruelty free brands, so that REALLY limits me on what products to use. I mainly use Josie Maran, Tarte, Buxom, BareMinerals and WEN. I recently bought a few items from Acure...they aren't sold at Sephora, though.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 115 replies
  • 158 hearts
  • 74 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • nikki
    • islandqt
    • sephoramusthave
    • killahbabe
    • chupi