tracygirl64

Loyalty to a Brand?

Are there any particular products/brands that you are completely loyal to?  Ever since I discovered Josie Maran's brand 3 years ago, I have not switched my skincare. That is really saying something, because I am a beauty product junkie! Also, I'm super loyal to WEN since switching to it over 2 years ago.  What beauty products/brands are you loyal to and would consider your ultimate holy grail?

nikki

Re: Loyalty to a Brand?

The only brand loyalty I have is for MAC and my foundation/concealer. It's the only one I use, I love it.

tracygirl64

Surprisingly, I've never used a MAC product! I watch a bunch of youtube videos for "how to" looks and things like that. They are always using MAC eyeshadows and base, etc. I wonder why Sephora doesn't carry MAC? :-/

katie1724

[ Edited ]

I think Sephora doesn't carry MAC because it's too large and comprehensive of a line for Sephora to carry (they don't even always carry the full inventory of the lines it does carry, like NARS, for instance). There are other reasons, too, but I don't think MAC and Sephora would ever enter into a partnership unless (by some odd chance) it were a specific "MAC for Sephora" mini release collection. 

glossyguru

Me either!

makeupobesessed

I've never used a Mac product either!  Am I missing out?

nikki

(0) Hearts

I love MAC for their foundation and concealer, it's my HG, so if you're still looking for those products you might be missing out:smileytongue:

Also, the huggable lip colors are my new obsession. They're LE, so I'm getting them in a ton of different colors and will cry when they are gone. 

katie1724

[ Edited ]

Sometimes I like their limited edition collections, like the Disney Villains, and the one in 2010 with the ombré blushes (I cannot for the life of me remember what that one was called -- I'm sure it will hit me in about 15 minutes). I do own a lot of the LE blushes, but I don't use anything regularly from MAC but false lashes. 

One of my HG blushes was from that collection with the name I can't remember -- it's called Azalea and is a pink/purple ombré. I should have bought backups, because I love it! 

aviscardi

hmm maybe just skincare. Ive used the same line for cleanser fresh 2yrs, exfoliator fresh 1yr… and then josie maran argan oil for 1.5years?

with makeup im all over the place

tracygirl64

Yea, my loyalty is definitely easier with my skincare. Makeup? Not so much. I am willing to try new stuff a lot more. lol.

missrmessner

I can't say I'm loyal to a particular brand, but if I find something that works well for me in a line, I tend to choose it over most other brands. Especially if I'm looking for a new product, I have a bias towards brands I've used successfully in the past. 

On the other hand, if I had a bad reaction to a certain brand, I will most probably never use anything by that company again. I know it's irrational, but my skin is so sensitive I don't want to risk it! 

tracygirl64

I have super sensitive skin too. I think that's why I haven't steered away from Josie's line after I saw how well it worked for me. There's no point in risking my skin and trying something else if what I use now is working really well. lol. There are quite a few brands I steer clear of after having bad reactions with them. 

katie1724

(0) Hearts

That's how I feel, too -- if it works, why rock the boat? I'm never tempted by new skincare things (even if they're really appealing!) because my skin is fine as it is, and I don't want to risk a reaction or breakout. :smileyhappy:

glossyguru

I'm not loyal to a specific brand, since I use and love products from many different companies. But I do have a lot of makeup from Urban Decay, and for skincare I like Caudalie and some Proactiv products.

tracygirl64

(0) Hearts

Oh yeah, Caudalie is another good brand! :smileyhappy: I used many of their products before switching to Josie's line.

pipsqueek1582

I'm loyal to my skin care products...philosophy and BioElements. I'm loyal to a couple of brands of make up, but I'll try new stuff once in awhile. For make up, it's pretty much UD, Too Faced for mascara but I'm loving my MAC pigments and glitters at the moment. Just placed my first Kat Von D order to try the tattoo liners...but that's about as adventurous as I plan to get!

katie1724

[ Edited ]

I'm definitely loyal to all of my specific skincare items (from different brands) and never switch them -- among these are SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic, La Roche-Posay sunscreen (EU version), Anthony Logistics Glycolic Cleanser, REN Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask (and Retin-A Micro or Tazorac). I switch moisturizers more often, but these are my standard products! :smileyhappy:

I'm not loyal to any one cosmetic brand, but I'm probably most loyal to Burberry (I love everything except foundation, but only because I don't have a shade match), Chanel (for blush), and NARS. 

msperfect

I have always found something from Clinique that fits my needs. My mom always used it and still uses it to this day!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 121 replies
  • 159 hearts
  • 79 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • nikki
    • islandqt
    • sephoramusthave
    • killahbabe
    • lovelykatya