onomotopoeia9

Looking and feeling good ....Summer :)

Now that its mid-summer, it would be interesting to hear what we have all been doing health-wise to look and feel good! Anyone have any ideas to share??

Meg82

Re: Looking and feeling good ....Summer :)

Well, the past couple days I've "fallen off the wagon" because it was my birthday and we had so much cake and I also had a stats test today which was stressing me out so I wasn't doing my healthy stuff.

But in general, not counting the last few days, I have been walking tons, small walks generally, but lots of them.  I've been trying really hard to drink more water and especially to balance my coffee intake with water.  And I've been doing a thing where I don't eat any carbs until dinner time (except for the carbs found in fruit and vegetables). The point of the eating plan is to eat more protein but it and the walking have led to some weight loss which is pretty exciting. Though I'm trying to avoid making weight loss the goal because I get a little nutty when I try to lose weight.

So yeah, that's my summer health plan.

beautylovingirl

Since it's been so hot here I don't have a good appetite but to make sure I am still looking good and feeling good I'm drinking more water and eating a lot more fruit than normal to make sure I'm getting what I need and also have been running 3 days a week instead of 2.

dianabt

Fun post, I've been realy trying to drink more water and kombucha drinks (great for natural probiotics and digestion) plus i've been making an effort to walk at least 1-2 miles every day. Hard during the week but the weekends I have no excuse! :smileyhappy: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Apocalyptica

[ Edited ]

I've been working out every day to try and get myself into the shape that I want to be in. It's actually been helping me sleep better which is great! I'm also trying to eat really healthy too. And if it's not horribly hot out I have been going on walks around my neighborhood, which is about 2.5 miles. And last but not least I'm trying a new skin care routine with a very different product, I've heard great things so I decided to purchase and try. We'll see how that goes!

jinxski

I've been walking to the subway from my apartment everyday, since the weather's so nice in the morning.

I've also been trying out a different face mask each week, just to give my skin some extra moisture.

Other than that, lots of water and veggies, especially cucumbers and watermelon. Delicious!

miabt

I'm currently doing a juice detox, to help clean out my system & give my body a boost of the nutrients it needs :smileyhappy:  I also made some coconut almond milk this morning, which is the perfect amount of sweetness to curve my usual sweets cravings.  I find that the veggies help keep my skin looking vibrant & I have a ton more energy to get out & active than usual!  

xo, Mia

roxystar4

A big, fresh, garden salad everyday for a meal. Yummy!  

rikkie

Drinking lots of water rather than anything else and buying lovely summer fruits and cutting things up as soon as I can so that if I'm feeling like a snack I can have a little bowl of cut up strawberries/blueberries/cherries/whatever out of the fridge and it is so tasty and nice when it's hot. I am probably happier than if I had found a bowl of ice cream to cool off with anyway. :smileyhappy: Not a huuuge amount exercise wise though!

Beautywise, nice cool face masks and trying to keep my skin hydrated, the air is really dry here and I have some mosquito bites that I am wanting to scratch until they bleed! The dry air makes everything super itchy!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 29 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • roxystar4
    • Apocalyptica
    • beautylovingirl
    • jinxski
    • miabt