poshified

July Favorites!

julyfavs.jpg

Dior quint in Ready-to-Glow: Quite possibly my favorite palette from Dior, but was recently discontinued. I rarely wear grays on my eyes since they make me look tired, but the taupe makes the whole palette worth every penny!

Lunasol 3-dimensional eyes in 02 Soft Beige: My go-to, no-fuss neutral palette. It's shimmery like all Asian eyeshadows but it's very brightening and superb in quality -- just like all Lunasol palettes.

Chanel Poudre Signee Illuminating Powder: *sigh* Chanel makes the most flattering LIMITED EDITION (grr) highlighters. This one is a softer version of Albatross.

Kevyn Aucoin Medium Sculpting Powder: Because I need to carve out my cheekbones, I've been turning to this matte taupey shade instead of the regular bronzers.

Essence Color and Go nail polishes: Gel manicure in 3 minutes. Guaranteed. Plus, they're so inexpensive and last for a few good days on my nails.

Nails Inc Kensington Caviar Top Coat: Patience is not my virtue, and I simply don't have the patience to wait for my nails to dry. This dries in a good minute!

Nars Danmari Palette: An oldie but goodie (I had clearly forgotten about.) Surprisingly enough, I've been reaching for Orgasm most in this palette in the month of July!

Dior Jelly Lip Pen in Carioca: I've sung its praises for a while now. **bleep** one or more before they're gone. This is how I wanted all of the MAC All About Orange lipsticks to be -- moisturizing, glossy, long-lasting!

Dollywink Liquid Liner in Black: The finest tip I've ever encountered in a liquid liner. It glides on the eyes and stays there until I remove it with waterproof makeup remover!

Shiseido Eyebrow Pencil in Light Brown: Holy Grail Eyebrow pencil. It's not too warm nor too cool of a shade on my brows, and it might as well be waterproof since it doesn't move throughout the day.

Diorshow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum: I'm pretty harsh on my lashes, i.e. curl and waterproof mascara on a nearly daily basis. At night, I coat my lashes with this serum to keep them in their healthy state.

What were your faves this month? Share away! :smileyhappy:
starryeyes331

Re: July Favorites!

(0) Hearts

No pictures to share as I am at work right now...but my July Favs are:

Skin Care - Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser, Peter Thomas Roth VIZ-1000 Serum, Ren Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask, Smith's Strawberry Lip Balm, Body Shop Almond Body Butter, Bath Bar Custom Sugar Scrub (I chose Banana and Brown Sugar).

Hair Care - Organix Biotin and Collagen Conditioner, Fairy Tales Coco Cabana Hair Spray

Makeup - MAC Shy Girl, MAC Naked Lunch and Satin Taupe, Prestige My Blackest Lashes

Fragrance: Jo Malone Blackberry and Bay

mkupgk

image.jpg

poshified

(0) Hearts

I'm glad to see that Dior quint worked for you! :smileyhappy: I thought about it when it came out, but I know I can't pull darker pinks on my eyes. What's that UD shade??

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

I love NYX blushes :smileyhappy:!

kimmi1115

July favorites!

july.JPG

• Maybelline The Falsies Big Eyes Mascara This will definitely be a repurchase for me.  I love the lower mascara wand!
  • Urban Decay Naked Basics Although it doesn't look like it, it does get used often.  However, I haven't done much with Crave.  I've only used it as a liner.
  • NARS Laguna Bronzer I've been using this all summer!
  • Avon Duel Ended Eye Pencil in Go To Greens  I haven't used it without a primer underneath, but it works extremely well!  No creasing or anything, and I absolutely love the darker green.
  • Avon Glow Marbleized Lip Gloss in Coral Explosion I love the coral pop, especially with neutral eyes and bronzer.
  • MAC Lip Gloss in Devishly Stylish A neutral shimmer shade that can go with pretty much anything.  Once I use it up and clean the container, I'm keeping it.  It has Cruella De Vill and a couple of dalmatians on it.  :smileyhappy:
wendyomgwar

If you keep the gloss container you should put another gloss in it! If you put another gloss in a cup of hot water for a couple of minutes you should be able to pour it out into the Cruella De Vill packaging :smileyhappy: just make sure you take out the stoppers.

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the tip!  I never even thought of putting more gloss in it, but that would make it excellent travel size that can fit in my pocket!

poshified

(0) Hearts

That's a great tip! Never thought of doing that :smileyhappy:

poshified

Don't you hate it when MAC comes out with Collector's items designs on their products and you can't bear to Back2MAC even when you finish? I've been holding on to my Superwoman lipstick that's almost gone just for packaging reasons.

I've been working on baby Laguna too and it takes so long to even make a dent! :smileyhappy:

crayzeeRN

[ Edited ]

I love doing these favorites posts :smileyhappy:

Fekkai Shea Butter Moisturizing Conditioner- only conditioner I've found that makes such an amazing difference in my hair

DDF Salicylic Acid Acne Control Treatment- loving! Will be purchasing a full-size soon :smileyhappy:

Benefit Dandelion- can't seem to use this sample up! Love this blush so much, been using it like crazy!

NARS Sin Blush- this one had been hiding in a drawer for while, got some good use this month!

Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer- new favorite!

BareMinerals Stroke of Light- still obsessed with this, 2 or 3 months running now!

Urban Decay Cannonball Mascara- this stuff is so amazingly waterproof- will definitely be repeat purchasing this in the future!

Wei To Go Beauty Ideal Skin Perfect Finish (CC Cream)- this stuff sinks into the skin so flawlessly that it looks like I have nothing on- but gives great coverage and smells divine!

Bite Beauty Library- dear lord I am obsessed- every time this pops up in the sale section I consider buying a backup. Worth every penny!! Poppy is my favorite shade.

kittichick

(0) Hearts

Ooh, I've been eyeing that Bite Beauty Library... 

kimmi1115

I LOVE Benefit Dandelion!  If you think using up all of the sample is difficult, wait until you try a full size!  I use mine a lot (wearing it today lol), and it does have a dip in the middle.  However, I have had it for over a year!  It's like it's never ending!  I do keep it properly stored, and I also clean it as needed, too.  

wendyomgwar

I love Dandelion :smileyhappy: I have the same mini sample and use it as a really natural highlighter its gorgeous!

arielaaaaaaaa

I totally want the Bite Beauty Library. I should have bought it when i had the chance! But if i see it again it will be mine! 

poshified

So glad to see the Bite Beauty Library showing up on your favorites this month! I wish Sephora came out with more of those 100 pt blush perks because I never hit pan on any blush! :smileyhappy:

wendyomgwar

I've been on the fence about Stroke of  Light! But I'll definitely have to go get an application next time I'm at Sephora!

crayzeeRN

@wendyomgwar- definitely try it out! My face looks "off" until I apply this product now!

@poshified- seriously! I'm pretty sure I will never finish a blush. I also keep buying more, which doesn't exactly help the problem :smileyvery-happy: I'm also crazy pale, with crazy pigmented blushes- my Tarte blushes barely look like I've touched any of them!

@arielaaaaaaaa- I see it pop up in the early hours of the morning in the sale section every 2-3 days! (6-8 am or so!)

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

Well I'll keep checking! :smileyhappy:

annonymous1

some of my favs this month were 

-Hourglass mineral Viel primer (i was able to try this out thanks to the 100 pt. perks, i love it, very flawless) 

-Dior iconic curl mascara

-Stila stay all day liquid eyeliner 

-Becca Skin perfecting lotion in Moonstone 

poshified

(0) Hearts

Moonstone has been on my wishlist for ages! Maybe when 20% comes around, I'll finally justify its purchase -- especially for such a huge bottle! lol

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 68 replies
  • 80 hearts
  • 19 in conversation
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • wendyomgwar
    • kimmi1115
    • annonymous1
    • poshified
    • starryeyes331