Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

January 2017 New Year, New Hauls!!

Happy New Year everyone, I cannot wait to see your hauls! ❤

20170101_064419.jpg

Re: January 2017 New Year, New Hauls!!

@Seymore3, are those cat blushes?? So adorable! 

XOXO,
Marieke

@MariekeBTYes,they are the new Paul and Joe cat blushes.

So much prettiness in one picture 😮 

IMG_1321.JPG

Last week I had a spectacular freebie day. First, I went to the Art Institute in Chicago, which has free entry for Illinois residents on weekdays. That's where I picked up the mouse pin (it was 40% off). Then I headed to Saks, because its beauty department had been redone and it was having a grand reopening. I'd received a flier with coupons for free samples from various counters, plus a coupon for a free makeover, no purchase necessary. So I hit up all the counters for free things with no intention of buying anything. The SA manning the Kiehl's counter got talking with me, and she threw in a handful of Daily Reviving Concentrate (a daytime oil) samples, in addition to the cream she was supposed to give me. And then we talked more about the brand Indie Lee, and she gave me a full-sized facial oil just because. 🙂 I then got my makeup done at the Dior counter, and it was one of the best makeovers I've ever had. I also learned that Alexander McQueen has the most amazing smelling fragrance exclusive to Saks, and that it costs $400, so I can't even afford to look at the bottle. 😞 Then I came home from my adventures to see I'd received a package. My favorite Nars SA had sent me samples of the new primers.

Spoiler
Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet
Indie Lee Squaline Facial Oil
La Mer Créme Soyeuse
La Prairie Cellular Swiss Ice Crystal Emulsion 
Dior New Look 1947
Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream
Jo Malone Nectar Blossom & Honey
Mouse pin with amber ears!
Nars primers
Kiehl's Daily Reviving Concentrate

IMG_1313.JPG

While I was out, I also stopped by Chicago's new Sephora flagship. The store is beautiful. It has tons of mirrors and makeover stations, and it carries all the brands the mall Sephoras don't (Burberry, Gucci, etc.). The best part was the lighting was excellent! I weirdly complimented an SA on the lighting (as if she personally designed it) because I'm so used to crummy lighting in Sephoras. I was just wandering around when the Nars blush palette caught my eye. I really hadn't been planning on purchasing anything, let alone this, but it was so beautiful in person and I had a gift card .... I also got the UD point perk in Venom and the skincare sample bag.

So it was a pretty productive day on the free front. I paid for transportation, lunch, a mouse pin, and half of a blush palette. Heart

Love the mouse pin, @TKLJ! So beautiful and fun!

@TKLJ,

I agree that the Nars Blush palette is beautiful-- I can see why you couldn't resist it!  🙂

I don't think that the Narsissist I or II were very accurately represented in their photos on the Sephora product pages.

@tsavorite It's not very accurately represented here, either. I had to photograph in whatever sunlight peeked through the rain. 😄

Wow!!!!   Sounds like the perfect kind of day!   And that mouse pin is beyond adorable!!!!🐭🐭🐭

@TKLJ

@TKLJ wow, what a super great day! art gallery + makeup is a perfect combination. That is such a great Saks haul! And free! Wow! 

@TKLJ, I just bought the Unfiltered II and I'm so excited to get it and try it! Both palettes are beautiful. 

XOXO,
Marieke

II looks beautiful, but I think I have some similar Nars colors, so I had to pass. But it sure was nice to look at at the store. @MariekeBT

Sounds like a lovely day @TKLJ! So many freebies O.O

Good call on the NARS blush palette - honestly, both are lovely 😄

What a fun day! 🙂

Great hauls! Now I really want to visit Chicago again, though I stay away until it gets warm! I went to college in the Midwest, so naturally, some of my friends ended up in Chicago.

It's been pretty warm this winter, although it is rainy and dreary today. Give a shout if you visit; maybe we could hit up that awesome Sephora flagship. @txcatx

I agree with this comment! Lol. The rain is making walking a lot less enjoyable haha

I finally cracked during Christmas and ordered the Kevin Aucoin Bloody Gorgeous Set...along with the newer*ish bloodroses palette and the Bloodroses Noir Lipstick to round out the collection.

My daughter already tried to get grabby hands with it....

I had to remind her I have to actually use it before she can try to claim "castoffs"!

IMG_0038.JPG

What a lovely KA set!  Enjoy!  @Xanadu78

20170115_200217[1].jpgI hauled hard at TJ Maxx tonight.  They had tons of great stuff.  There was stuff I passed up (like Smashbox eye shadow) because I was already buying so much.  

I got: 

Tatcha- Indigo Essentials set (body cream, hand cream, and triple recovery cream.

Phyto: Huile Supreme hair oil, and a set that includes Phytojoba shampoo, conditioning mask, and the light oil (on clearance for $12!)

Random Beauty blender cleanser- no idea if this is good, but it was on clearance for $3.50, so worth trying!

Briogeo Roscaro Hair oil (yes, I should be stocked up on hair oils)

Muellin and Sparrow body oils in lavender and lemongrass mint (also on clearance!)  I haven't used these before, but I got something from this brand in an Ipsy bag and I liked it.  

The Body Shop: Vineyard Peach shower gel ($3 clearance!) and Strawberry body oil.

Method hand soap, because I needed some for the kitchen.  

The coffee mug is my new mug for school.  It says "Go away, I'm reading" (I'm a teacher).  

Please excuse my Chipotle dinner in the background.  It's midterm week.

@coffeenow were the tatcha sets marked down by any chance? I picked up one of each at regular price but have been hoping to catch them marked down. Trying to stay out of marshalls and tjx unless I hear so or I'll spend too much!

@CC3616 not coffeenow, but I saw these for $20 at my TJ Maxx yesterday (no mark down)

2 Replies
testing