January 2017 New Year, New Hauls!!

Happy New Year everyone, I cannot wait to see your hauls! ❤

20170101_064419.jpg

Re: January 2017 New Year, New Hauls!!

Very nice! I love your photo! 💟

From Sephora:

20170109_123321.jpg

Lancome L' Absolu Rouge lipstick in shade 254 Creme de Marron, Buxom Plumpline lip liner in shade Incognito, 100 pt perks: Tory Burch Love Relentlessly rollerball, UD Vice lipstick in Venom, Sunday Riley Tidal cream, samples.

Beautiful!  That little Tory Burch rollerball is adorable! 🙂

I think I like this Kate Spade Walk On Air because it reminds me of Tommy Girl. I still use Tommy Girl too.  I miss the '90s. This is the $5 Walmart beauty box.

FullSizeRender[2736].jpg

Lovely haul!  I got the same Winter WalMart box! 🙂

Nice haul! I will have to try this fragrance, since it is similar to Tommy Girl. I used to wear that in the 90's too! 🙂

I know I am supposed to be on a no spend monthly challenge but that tanked a bit so I ended up going under and buying some e-books. here's the stack so far... I also saw Rogue one a star wars story today in theaters. and loved every bit of it. 

1282954.jpg

the last anniversary - Liane Moriarty 

2728527.jpg

The gurernsey literary and potato peel pie society  - Mary Ann Shaffer  & Annie Barrows

18812405.jpg

The Good Girl - Mary Kubica 

21853621.jpg

The Nightingale - Kristin Hannah

20949430._UY200_.jpg

Silver Bay - Jojo Moyes

30321551._UY200_.jpg''

The Girl with the lower back tattoo - Amy Schumer

25781157(2).jpg

The nest - Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

29057912._UY200_.jpg

The Whiskey Sea - Ann Howard Creel 

25991107._UX200_.jpg

Truly Madly Guilty - Liane Moriarty 

Has there ever been a BT book club? Is that something people would be interested in?

Thats a great idea. I would be intetested in participating. 

@txcatx @WhereYouStand I'd love this! I used to love reading but I haven't read in so long. I'm always looking for recommendations too. 😉 

XOXO,
Marieke

I would be all for it!!!! that would be soo cool!!! I know there is a what are you reading thread. but other then that I don't think there is anything on BT that discusses books. 

The Nightingale was one of my favorite reads from 2016 - it was such a moving, thought-provoking story. I hope you love it as much as I did!

sweet! maybe that will be my next read. I am currently reading Outlander it is a long book so it is taking me a while but it is really good. it's not listed here because i've owned it for awhile. 🙂

Those look like great books, and this is a reminder I need to read more! 🙂

thanks angel7594, I hope they are good reads, I have a lot of reading to do this year.  My 2017 goodreads challenge goal is to read 50 books this year hopefully I can do it. keeping my fingers crossed. my 2016 goal was 35 and I beat that by reading  42. so I am going to try and push myself harder this year in the devouring books department. 🙂 I love books but I don't always have the time. 

Oh hey, I forgot my one Christmas "haul" (aka present) in my earlier post, but it's a great photo if I do say so myself, and also there is a story, so here it is.

This is from BF's mom. Normally BF discourages his mom from getting me anything that involves personal preferences, like jewelry or clothes, because our tastes are very different (she tends to default to a "this is what girls/women like" sort of thing, which, makeup notwithstanding, is not really me). So when she mentioned to him that she was thinking of getting me perfume, because her coworkers (at Macy's) were saying this brand was The Thing Right Now, he told her maybe not.

Then he came home and saw the Jo Malone bag/box from the DS sample set I ordered awhile ago, and was like "oh, do you like this brand? mom wanted to get some for you but I told her no because you probably wouldn't like whatever perfume she picked." (He didn't say that last part to her.) And I was like NO NO I LIKE THIS KIND. Lol. So he went back to her and told her that was actually a great idea, so here I am with a real life Full Size Mimosa & Cardamom as a backup for my little 10mL that I will definitely finish at some point. Hurray!

FullSizeRender (37).jpg

That is an awesome story and a stunning photo!  Enjoy! 🙂

Beautiful gift, and this photo too! ❤

This IS a great photo 🙂 just like an ad

Nordstrom, People Shop and Beautylish orders arrived yesterday!

Beautylish Lucky Bag:

lucky.jpg

Spoiler
1.  Becca The One Perfecting Brush $49
2.  Oribe Gold Lust Dry Shampoo 1.3 oz $22
3.  Bioderma Sensibio H2O 100 ml $6.90
4.  Clean Apothecary Grapefruit Brush Shampoo $15
5.  Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops in Sunkissed $42
6.  Makeup Atelier Palette in T18 Amazon $35
7.  It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Setting Powder $24

Overall, my bag had a $193.90 value -Not bad for $75 plus shipping!!!! 

The only product I had previously tried was the Bioderma (alright, but not amazing).

I used the Becca Brush last night and loved it for bronzer and blush (had to use my color switch in between), but I didn't like how it applied highlighter.

I am not thrilled with the colors in the Makeup Atelier palette, but the texture is really nice and it was only $35 of the total value, so I think I'll hang on to it and figure out a way to use it.

So thankful there is no Jeffree Star!!!!!!   🙂

Nordstrom Purchases:

nordr.jpg

Spoiler
1.  Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Set (on sale for $21!!!!!!)
2.  Strivectin SD Ageless Skin Essentials Set (on sale for $66!!!!)
3.  Clinique Smart Custom Repair Serum
4.  2X Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation
5.  MAC Selena Lipstick in Dreaming of You

Nordstrom GWP:gwp.jpg

Spoiler

1.  Samples - They subbed Dior Homme in place of the Louboutin Tornade Blonde I requested - ugh

2.  Estee Lauder GWP

3.  Clinique GWP + Bonus

4.  Stocking GWP

5.  Skincare GWP (I placed 2 different orders, so I used 2 different GWP codes)

People Shop:

pplr.jpg

Spoiler
1.  People X The Voice Box
2.  Ban.do Phone Case "I am Very Busy"
3.  "Cheers" Wine Tote
4.  Little Luxe Perfume in Honey Coconut - Smells Amazing!!!!

*This order was from Monday using the FB50 code for 50% off

How's the EL mascara kit? I got it for my mom for Christmas and I know she won't tell me if it's no good lol!

Awesome haul, you are pro status at GWPs 😂

2 Replies
testing