Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

January 2017 New Year, New Hauls!!

Happy New Year everyone, I cannot wait to see your hauls! ❤

20170101_064419.jpg

Re: January 2017 New Year, New Hauls!!

Thanks! I love Matt & Nat, I also own one of their mini purses (Tacoma mini) and another backpack- a large one.

I've been wearing these boots almost every day since mid-December, in rain and even outside in the leaves and so far they're holding up well! I'll do a review in a few more months probably on youtube or something. 😉

I love those boots! 🙂

Thank you, I dig them! I like them so much I was actually going to get another pair in black, but they are sold out! NOOOO!!

Long haul post incoming...I started getting a few things end of November and all the way until end of December. So I didn't post my haul during December and now it's stuffed into January. Doing this early Jan since I am probably not buying anything this month! Also got some presents along the way 🙂

I like leaving mini reviews/commentary too so ahhh it's so long lol

1 - gzCf0Ix.jpg

• Kylie Cosmetics Holiday Lip Set
  • Kat von D Alchemist Palette

This is my first time trying Kylie products, so I'm not sure what to expect. I generally hear good things, so I'm hoping for the beset.

The Alchemist palette was a Christmas gift from a friend. I love it! I don't mind the size at all, and it is gorgeous in person. I am going to try to experiment with more metallic lips and using shades I wouldn't use normally on my eyes or highlight and this is perfect.

2 - wsOIG3n.jpg

3 - afdAF9S.jpg

• Kat von D Shade and Light Contour Palette (Refillable)
  • Kat von D Shade and Light Eye Palette

I like the hard shell on the refillable palette! It's not flat anymore though, so a tad bulkier. The eyeshadow one will probably be a standard staple.

4 - AcZkS2g.jpg

5 - hUvONf1.jpg

• ColourPop Party Trick eyeshadow set
  • Tarte Tarteist Pro Palette
  • Tarte Tarteist Pro Glow Palette

I love sparkly eyeshadows and when I saw the Party Trick set, I grabbed it immediately. I love carrying around one in my purse to refresh my inner corner and lower lash line. That part tends to fade on me no matter what brand's formula I use. ColourPop's eyeshadow formula is also amazing.

I love the Tarteist Pro palette and it's wide range of colors, mattes and shimmers and hard cased packaging make it a great contender for traveling.

The Pro Glow is so nice! I love all the highlighter shades but am especially drawn to the right top and right middle. Wear time lasts all day on my oily skin!

upload_7834806802501368884.jpg

• Colourpop Super Shock Shadows in: Puppy Love, Cat Nap, Tassel, Glitterati, Summer Lovin', Wattles, Sailor, Glow
  • ColourPop Creme Gel Pencil Liners in: Swerve, Mr. Bing, Stomper, Get Paid
  • ColourPop Lippie Stix in Primer and Cheers
  • NARS Lip Pencils in: Damned, Bettina, Golshan, Sex Machine, Bansar
  • Tarte Tarteist Pro To Go Glow 
  • Tarte Tarteist Pro To Go Eyeshadow Palette
  • Anastasia Clear Brow Gel
  • Sugarpill Pumpkin Spice pressed shadow

I've resolved in 2017 to get out more and hopefully travel more! That means, portability and easily carry-able items are hot on my radar right now.

NARS Lip Pencils are among my favorites, as they're easy to apply and carry. You can see I have a bit of a color bias.

ColourPop Gel Pencil Liners are my favorite. I have extremely oily eyelids and watery eyes from year round allergies. These pencils have held up like a champ, even through the humidity of Asia in the summer. I've tried countless brands and price points and am still shocked on how fantastic a $5 eyeliner pencil is.

ColourPop Primer is an affordable lip primer that helps me a lot with my liquid lipsticks and lipsticks in general 🙂

I never thought I'd be a brow gel person, but ever since I tried a deluxe sample of Anastasia Clear Brow Gel, I never went back. Somehow it adds an extra oomph after I fill in my brows with their brow powder!

Sugarpill Pumpkin Spice shadow is great! It reminds me pretty much of Tom Ford's Cognac Sable copper celestial. If you like that, you will like this. There is a tad bit of fall out though, unlike with Tom Ford's.

6 - 2LWqmYT.jpg

• NARS Lip Pencil in Dolce Vita
  • NARS All Day Luminous Weightless foundation in Gobi
  • Tarte Shape Tape in Light
  • Sugarpill Trinket Liquid Lipstick

I actually love the NARS ADLW foundation formula and my old one was a shade too dark for me. But this formula wears great throughout the day on me, doesn't get sticky and doesn't fade.

Tarte Shape Tape has become one of my favorite concealers along with Kat von D's Creme one. I used to be a die hard fan of NARS's, but my ranking would now be Shape Tape > Kat von D> NARS. Pigmented, doesn't fade, a little goes a long way, no creasing, just fabulous all around.

Sugarpill's liquid lipstick formula is one of the best I tried. More hydrating than Kat von D's and wears nicely on the lips. Plus, the gold in Trinket really shines through while being a nice pink color.

1 - 9bUMrEB.jpg

• Hourglass Ambient Strobe Blush Palette
  • Becca Brushed by Light blush palette
  • Wayne Goss #6
  • Wayne Goss #3

I also have the Wayne Goss #5, the new one which is a nice pencil brush now but isn't shown! My MAC 217 was feeling really scratchy, so it was time to replace it. I also realized I didn't really have a good crease brush, so the #3 was bought.

I love both blush palettes, though if you aren't into the glow the Hourglass one may not be for you. The becca one is slim and perfect to take traveling with. Wisteria and Songbird as also fantastic colors.

2 - cLXsI2Q.jpg

upload_3567893839953788931.jpg

Last but not least some skincare. Ran out of essence and grabbed some more. Also got Juno Oil by SUnday Riley to mix with my daytime moisturizer for more moisture. It's been really cold here, in the 20sF and I need all the moisture I can get!

I also went to my Lush's Boxing Day sale and basically stocked up for the year. It was pretty hectic in the store and I'm glad I even could get some stuff! Grabbed some stuff to gift to people too.

@flyte  This is an awesome haul!   I hope you enjoy all your new treasures!  🙂

thank you so much! this really was the year i got into lip products, so it's been quite a wild ride!

2017- year of the low low buy

I've been eyeing the Hourglass blush palette. I don't own any Hourglass powders, but I swatched some in store and gasped at the creaminess. I just need to figure out what I want, powders or blush?

Your haul is amazing. So many new things I want to try out, but I must resist!

This blush palette is a bit different from the stand alone blushes they have at the moment, it's their strobing powder mixed with the blushes so it's a bit more glowy!

You could always get the blush and get the powders later during the spring sale 😉

Don't mind me I'm a horrible enabler haha. If you have any questions on anything, I'm happy to answer!

Such an awesome haul! I've really been trying to hold off on the KVD Shade and Light eye palette because I really do not need another eyeshadow palette in my lifetime but ughhhh...haha. Enjoy all your goodies 😄 

I totally agree! I am like how many neutral palettes do I need...but it was just raved so highly! I have the Tartelette In Bloom too so ahah...Kat's naming schemes always get me.

This is technically my Boxing Day haul, but with the holiday crazies, I'm posting it now 😛

Boxing-day-2016.jpg

I love your Kate Spade haul! 😍

So cute! Love the colors you  picked out!

Thanks, Mcakes! I like colours and proud to show it!

Cute! I absolutely love Kate Spade. I had gotten one of her crossbody bags for Christmas. 

Thank you! This is actually my first real purse. I typically carry my backpack around, but it's a new year and new me!

Finally getting around to posting my GC haul, and a couple other things I picked up along the way.

IMG_2803.JPG

Spoiler
Huda Beauty Lip Contour Set in Trophy Wife and Muse
Sephora Favorites: Scouted by Sephora (I wanted this set so bad but I don't think it was available to Canadians- at least I could never find it. I ended up wandering in store one day and I somehow saw just this ONE set sitting near other Sephora sets. It was like a light was shining down on it- it was meant to be! I immediately grabbed it and held it in my arms until I was finished browsing the store, haha.)
Buxom Bundle Up Baby set
UD Naked Smoky palette (Got this on sale for $33. I'm a little unsure if I want/need this palette but honestly you can't really beat $33, can you?)
Couple perfume freebies from the 25minis promo
FAB Color Correcting Cushion
Sephora Mini Cream Lip Stain set

I had my $25 GC, my younger sister's $15 GC, and another BT member gave me a $15 GC as well (thanks again!) This is what I bought with those:
Smashbox Cover Shot Smoky palette
Tarte Tarteist Pro to Go palette
Tarte Gallery Gals Eyeliner set
UD The Finger Brush
FAB Ultra Repair Cream x 3

IMG_2804.JPG

Spoiler
Also wanted to post this score from Winners. I found these Fossil purses for $77 each, regular price $228. 😱
I picked up one for myself and one will be for my younger sister's 18th birthday this Saturday!
Also my dog decided to join the picture. ☺️

Lovely haul 💗- Your puppy also looks very satisfied with your purchases!

Awesome haul, and your dog is so cute! 🙂

Your dog is too cute. 

My Michael Kors Boxing Day purchases arrived today!

IMG_1496.JPG

6 Replies
testing