Items to avoid at all cost.

weeeeweeeeeee

Items to avoid at all cost.

Since the sale is rumored to be coming up, I'm just curious as to what products or even brands I should be avoiding in general. There are posts for overrated products, but being overrate indicates that there is something decent about it. But I am interested in items and brands that you absolutely hate.

missjr

Re: Items to avoid at all cost.

(0) Hearts

I've tried their mascara, which I love, but the eyeshadows irritated my eyes and the face oil broke me out.  Never again, honey!

BrennaBombshell

(0) Hearts

I love their Maracuja oil and eyelash curlers, but haven't tried any of their actual makeup. And now I probably won't. :smileyvery-happy:

kristallovesdogs

Same here!  I can't get the Tarte shadows to ever work on me.  And the gloss is practically see through.  But... I adore their powder blushes.  Amazing.

m3rma1d

Ooh, you're right--I got a sample of one of their powder blushes and I quite liked it.

Everything else from them can go scratch. :smileytongue:

m3rma1d

And yet again I say...

OprahSideEye.gif

LaiceeB18

^ *Unimpressed face*

jojobe

In all seriousness you really need to post a coherent and properly spelled thought . You are seriously weirding me out even though I know you won't read this please post something related to the topic. There are other boards besides a makeup forum to discuss your obvious fantasy life. 

ShinyMagpie

chicken-rooster-photos-pics-funny-meme-lol-oh-hey-there-photobomb_thumb-6873.jpg

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Make. It. Stop. Please.

upload_5615434262397965190.jpg

lyravega

This! Exactly this!

annec322

Nonsense.  Lead has not been banned from the US.  It's a natural element.  How can it be banned?  It has been limited in products to meet federal safety guidelines.  

According to the EPA: "Federal and state regulatory standards have helped to minimize or eliminate the amount of lead in air, drinking water, soil, consumer products, food, and occupational settings."  

redwagon44

That heavy metal study tested a grand total of 49 items, and only one sample of each. The level of lead in that one single sample of benetint contained 110 ppm (parts per million) of lead, versus the recommended Health Canada limit of 10 ppm. I don't think that difference is going to hurt anyone, if we can even assume it was accurate with their extremely limited sample size. 

emmaclaire

I really don't know how you managed to digest that word vomit and respond with rational, scientifically sound, logical thought.  I wish I could give you all the hearts.

redwagon44

"I really don't know how you managed to digest that word vomit"

Thanks for making me laugh and choke on my lunch :smileyhappy:

ladymeag

There were "natural" deodorants in the 1990s. Or do you think that deodorant only appeared on the scene recently? I remember the 1990s and used natural deodorant during them. FYI, lead is "natural" - but I took your meaning to be "lead-free." The first commercial non-lead, non-aluminum deodorant was invented in 1886 and sold commercially in the US in 1952. Aluminum is largely an anti-perspirant and didn't appear in products until a little later. 

Also, lead is not banned in all products. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have bullets, some kinds of batteries, some colors of ink, auto body parts and certain auto paints, plumbing and soldering supplies (most modern homes don't use lead soldering but home water plumbing isn't the only place things are soldered,) certain crafts paints (especially whites and yellows,) fishing sinkers, and many more things. The only thing that was banned in 1978 was lead paint for homes (and it wasn't so much banned as a PPM cap was put in place.) Please don't misinform people - there are people all the time who say things like, "oh, but lead isn't in anything anymore!" 

sangova

Benefit. I didn't know about the lead (thank you, ry22), now it's the second reason. The first one - one girl posted about her experience with the company that was just horrible. After reading it, seeing how her post was deleted from their FB page, how rude was email Benefit CS sent to her - I'm done with the company. I have a few of their products, and I'll finish them ( I don't like wasting money), but I won't buy anything from them anymore. 

killahbabe

[ Edited ]

That was me! Benefit has the worst customer service ever (and this is coming from someone involved in today's Sephora chat)! :smileysad:

sangova

Sorry Killahbabe, I forgot it was you ( I was new here on BT when it happened) :smileyhappy: But I was shocked by Benefit and your experience with them, and I'm not gonna step my foot near Benefit anymore. This is my protest :smileyvery-happy:

YouAreAlways

(0) Hearts

:smileysad: but but but...they have such cute stuff...

killahbabe

They broke my heart, YAA! They were so rude over a freaking deluxe sample!

YouAreAlways

(0) Hearts

Yeah that does sound pathetic. And it was in the advent calendar right? 

I went into the booth at Macys last week and the lady was fantastic so I have had good luck so far. But not nice that the higher up people wouldnt fix something so simple. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 110 replies
  • 314 hearts
  • 57 in conversation
    • killahbabe
    • maltipoo66
    • emmaclaire
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • marydiva
    • colorprodigy
    • lyravega
    • kristallovesdogs
    • jojobe
    • tracygirl64
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • dianabt
    • ry22
    • ChicDabbler
    • dolceloure
    • ladymeag
    • missjr
    • minnie07
    • sangova
    • miabt
    • ivyxox
    • gingerblack
    • xoxcrystal
    • Gigi2017
    • Panda168
    • annekevdb
    • infinitise
    • BeautyLove02
    • notcreative
    • mdelrosario91
    • sugarkenzie
    • Loretta55
    • RolyPoly
    • TeemaB
    • ireneh
    • taystee
    • person11
    • jaha8005
    • linda711
    • ShinyMagpie
    • love2shop42
    • meecheroo
    • DitzCore
    • gogreyhound
    • BrennaBombshell
    • YouAreAlways
    • m3rma1d
    • annec322
    • End0ra
    • LariTheLoud
    • LaiceeB18
    • redwagon44
    • 1SultrySCENTNut
    • ColorCrazed
    • Samshoediva
    • CuriousCannibal
    • PinkKittyBeauty
Photos7
  • upload_5615434262397965190.jpg
  • chicken-rooster-photos-pics-funny-meme-lol-oh-hey-there-photobomb_thumb-6873.jpg
  • OprahSideEye.gif
  • what
  • save-the-trees-sorry-for-bad-english_o_1702047.jpg
  • upload_8030700209785295679.gif
  • upload_6920269125209791790.gif