weeeeweeeeeee

Items to avoid at all cost.

Since the sale is rumored to be coming up, I'm just curious as to what products or even brands I should be avoiding in general. There are posts for overrated products, but being overrate indicates that there is something decent about it. But I am interested in items and brands that you absolutely hate.

gogreyhound

Re: Items to avoid at all cost.

i am just now reading all of this...you are all cracking me up!

love2shop42

(0) Hearts

Aww man, all the awesome posts and gifts were deleted! And this post was a double chicken!:smileywink:

miabt

(0) Hearts

Hi love2shop42,

Yes, we removed several posts that were deemed inappropriate.  We appreciate your understanding and ask that all of our users follow our guidelines, which can be found here> http://community.sephora.com/t5/Welcome-Getting-Started/BeautyTalk-Guidelines/td-p/21.  Thanks!!

xo, Mia

xoxcrystal

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

i'm not completely against benefit, i like some of their products but i definitely would avoid some of their products. their erase paste and dr.feelgood is useless imo. it's tacky and creases like no other. and dr.feelgood did nothing for me but make me feel even oilier than normal.

in regards to tarte eyeshadows - ehh. most of their shadows are chalky and there's a crap ton of fallout with them. i really liked one of their quads that i got in a set but their large eyeshadow palettes left something to be desired. there's really no pigment in them at all i feel and they never last longer than a couple hours on me, even with primer. i would avoid their liplusters if you don't like glitter. those are glitter city. go for the lip tints in matte or the regular ones instead.

the origins foaming facial cleanser has left me with a bad breakout and i'm one of those people who only gets hormonal breakouts when mother nature decides to bless me with her monthly visits. 

1SultrySCENTNut

(0) Hearts

I am not a big fan of TARTE Cosmetics and I do not buy their items often, however, they do have a Blush I really like-it is "TARTE 12 hour Clay Blush" but I do have a warning about it.If you purchase it online ( I buy alot from SEPHORA) the colors are very, very, very darker when you get them than they look and are described online ) It does last onger than 12 hours,is highly pigmented,and very easy to apply and is easily buildable with the correct brush. I also like the TART  4 in 1  Mascara.its the easiest mascara to use, that I know about so far. It has the Lash Conditioner and the part I really love is the fact that it has the topcoat ( this way when I use it I can save my ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS Clear Mascara TopCoat.) I had one of their pallettes awhile back,but it is empty and it was replaced with a different pallette.I cant remember wich one I had, but with my TARTE Pallette I used BARE MINERALS FACIAL PRIMER and it made the colors of the eyeshadow look very good ( when I used UD's eye primer it did not work with the TARTE Eyeshadows and I hae no idea why this always happened ) It is not a shadow to just put on without the BARE MINERALS PRIMER,no BARE MINERALS, no powder-it will not stay and by the time I got to my car, it was unnoticable, went back inside , put a dab of Bare Mineras primer on each id, rubbed it from the inner corner to the outer corner nd reapplied my colors I had on and they stayed all day. The shadows also work great as a wet shadow. I just happened to see everyone talking about TARTE and thought I would give you some more insight,

Gigi2017

(0) Hearts

I had a bad experience with Bare Minerals also. The concealing powder would settle into any pimples I had and it didn't cover any acne marks or under eye circles very well. Waste of money.

jojobe

Glamglow... it is over priced for what it is and you have to use it within 2 months once you open it or it turns into a brick. Not what I would pay 69.00 for. ( white one) I have enough black ones in the samples to last me most of the year and I did like the eye pods but would never pay full price for a box. 

Guerlain Meteorites primer- pretty but overrated and did not work like I expected. 

Benefit besides lemonaid is a flop for me, but that is personal. 

Dior skincare is highly overrated as well. Swatch their shadow before buying as some formulations are different and are chalky.

Evian water in the spray can. Buy the Vichy for more than half the price. 

I don't care for the Korres overnight masks but I do adore the boscia tsubaki one. 

Marc Jacobs foundation. I don't like the feel and wears off very quickly

Urban decay BB cream-  I know i may be in a minority but I hated it. But then again the only BB cream I do like is the black JDart and the Bobbi Brown one. 

Panda168

(0) Hearts

I guess I better use my glam glow soon ... :smileysad: I have the youth mud and the super mud ... ugh

PinkKittyBeauty

(0) Hearts

I do LOVE a few Benefit products, and i was SO excited to try the erase paste and boi-ing concealer from them. BIG disappointment. I got the lightest shades, as i have very fair skin but bad dark circles, and both concealers were cakey on my skin and too dark. So sad these didn't work for me.

minnie07

(0) Hearts

smashbox primers are a definite no for me. I tried one once, and when I applied my foundation after, it wouldn't go on! When I used my brush to blend the foundation, it would just pill off...gross. I think it was the smashbox photo finish blemish control primer.

tracygirl64

I'm laughing so hard reading further in this thread! You ladies crack me up, I :heart: you! :smileyvery-happy: 

Back to the actual topic, I agree with those who say to avoid Benefit products...quality really lacks! Tarte Colored Clay CC Primer was not good, especially if you have sensitive/acne prone skin! I also agree that BM's Lash Domination mascara is a huge disappointment.

ColorCrazed

(0) Hearts

Bare Minerals Lash Domination Mascara is a HUGE disappointment! It clumps and gives me spider lashes, and the "ground breaking" brush is not user friendly. From what I've been told you're supposed to rotate when applying so lashes can be coated evenly, but all it did was leave a lot of muck behind. I can see small clumps of product in between the bristles when I pull the wand out of the tube. Yuck! Not a fan of the formula, either - it's in between wet and dry, definitely on the waxy side. 

I love Bare Minerals and am a huge fan of their foundation, lip gloss, and shadows, but this product is a dud.

missjr

I'll preface my statement by saying that I absolutely LOVE MUFE's products. However, if there is one product I would avoid like the plague, it is the Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation--if your skin is oily like mine. I bought into the hype, went to Sephora and got color-matched (on the advice of others) and happily went skipped home with my new purchase. I've had a love-hate relationship with it since. It goes on beautifully, but within an hour or two, it oxidized on my skin and I looked like an Oompa-Loompa.

So if your skin is oily, I would suggest getting the MUFE Duo-Mat powder foundation, which the company was going to discontinue a few months ago. Thankfully, they came to their senses!

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

MUFE DUO MAT! LOVE THAT BABY!

On my third or fourth one now :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy:

maltipoo66

(0) Hearts

1. Benefit Stay Don't Stray: I really wanted this to work, but it was just awful. It completely dried out my lid and under my eyes, creased too.

2. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder: I have pretty dry skin, and when I finally splurged and got this in Ethereal I was so disappointed-my skin was super flakey after applying this, and no glow.

3. Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick: The shades and initial application is great, but this dried out my lips so quickly. Wearing lip balm underneath it didn't help. It's also really hard to get off.

Panda168

(0) Hearts

You should exchange the HG ambient powder you have for dim or diffused. I have normal/dry skin and it's good, plus I find those powders better than ethereal.

RolyPoly

Hehehe. Just read through this entire thread. Comedy!

RolyPoly

(0) Hearts

Can't stand Clinique  Burns my face. Absolutely hate BB creams. Too thick and difficult to wash off. Glam glow doesn't get rid of my blackheads. Porefessional did nothing to make my pores smaller. 

End0ra

Yes, me too with the Clinique!  It burns us.  It once left my eyelids so inflamed that I couldn't wear any eye products for two weeks.  People thought I'd suddenly discovered hot pink eyeshadow for some reason.

DitzCore

(0) Hearts

The newest NARS eyeshadow and cheek palettes.

They are disgustingly terrible for the price.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 110 replies
  • 314 hearts
  • 57 in conversation
    • killahbabe
    • maltipoo66
    • emmaclaire
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • marydiva
    • colorprodigy
    • lyravega
    • kristallovesdogs
    • jojobe
    • tracygirl64
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • dianabt
    • ry22
    • ChicDabbler
    • dolceloure
    • ladymeag
    • missjr
    • minnie07
    • sangova
    • miabt
    • ivyxox
    • gingerblack
    • xoxcrystal
    • Gigi2017
    • Panda168
    • annekevdb
    • infinitise
    • BeautyLove02
    • notcreative
    • mdelrosario91
    • sugarkenzie
    • Loretta55
    • RolyPoly
    • TeemaB
    • ireneh
    • taystee
    • person11
    • jaha8005
    • linda711
    • ShinyMagpie
    • love2shop42
    • meecheroo
    • DitzCore
    • gogreyhound
    • BrennaBombshell
    • YouAreAlways
    • m3rma1d
    • annec322
    • End0ra
    • LariTheLoud
    • LaiceeB18
    • redwagon44
    • 1SultrySCENTNut
    • ColorCrazed
    • Samshoediva
    • CuriousCannibal
    • PinkKittyBeauty
Photos7
  • upload_5615434262397965190.jpg
  • chicken-rooster-photos-pics-funny-meme-lol-oh-hey-there-photobomb_thumb-6873.jpg
  • OprahSideEye.gif
  • what
  • save-the-trees-sorry-for-bad-english_o_1702047.jpg
  • upload_8030700209785295679.gif
  • upload_6920269125209791790.gif