weeeeweeeeeee

Items to avoid at all cost.

Since the sale is rumored to be coming up, I'm just curious as to what products or even brands I should be avoiding in general. There are posts for overrated products, but being overrate indicates that there is something decent about it. But I am interested in items and brands that you absolutely hate.

weeeeweeeeeee

Re: Items to avoid at all cost.

I initially started this thread because I was curious as to what you guys don't like. I absolutely did not expect this at all! This thread is so entertaining and it's a nice pickmeup after my rough day! Thanks for the laughs! :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy:

notcreative

I agree that nothing is hit or miss for everyone.  There is not a single Smashbox product I have ever liked.  All of the primers give me a rash.  The shadows do not work for me.  I am not fond of the mascara, blush, lipstick or gloss either.  The entire line is wasted on me.  Whereas, I adore Benefit.  Other than They're Real Mascara, which I am not a fan of at all, I have yet to try a Benefit product I do not like.  My favorites are That Gal (primer), Hoola (Bronzer) and High Beam (highlighter).  I just feel like they freshen up my face in a very subtle way.

I am just hoping Sephora releases some more makeup kits for chic week.  Those are my favorites.  Since I have more skincare products than I can ever use from all my Lancome GWPs and am not fond of many perfumes, I am so over the current kits.  Kits are the best way to discover new products that work for you and the ones that do not without spending to much money.  That is unless you are lucky enough to get a sample of the exact thing you want to try.

I got a sample of Benefit's The Big Easy last week.  It is AMAZING.  If I do not sccop it up during the 21 days of beauty at Ulta, I will get it during chic week.

notcreative

*too

taystee

Things I'll never repurchase:

Urban Decay Pencil Liner (smudges like crazy)

Nars Soft Touch Shadow Pencil (not good to use as a base, they crease like crazy)

OCC Lip Tars (difficult to work with and keep in place)

Stila Illuminating Foundation (I found this to accentuate my spots and make them look worse than they were)

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

The UD 24/7 pencil eyeliner? :smileysurprised:

jaha8005

Bare Minerals foundation!  I know I am in the minority, but hated this foundation.  Settles into fine lines and wrinkles, made my pores look like moon craters (even with a good primer underneath) and contains Bismuth which gave me huge painful under-the-skin zits.  I do like other BM products, but this one sucked for me.

tracygirl64

(0) Hearts

I had the same experience with BM foundation, jaha8005! :smileysad:

jojobe

I did too but only after I hit 32. Before that it was really a beautiful finish that I had used for 5 years. 

NO to Bare Minerals. The Mineral veil on the other had does look pretty nice with most foundations. 

meecheroo

Is Benefit the one with all the great packaging but nothing of substance? I can't even remember. It's probably not memorable. I think it's Benefit. If it's the one with Pores No More, then I don't like it.  Clinique is just ugh...I tried it in my teens, I tried it in my twenties...no. Irritating. Murad products are overpriced. GlamGlow - I've tried two of their masks. It got more in my sink than on my face. I can't wait to try the FAB line next. Nars blush in Orgasms - perfect if you want that avant garde clown look. I still have yet to try Tarte. I've heard mixed reviews on it.

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

I bought the FAB duo with the ultra repair cream and fab face cleanser. The repair cream works wonder when winter is around. I'm actually still using it now. It literally saved my skin, during the winter, my skin was peeling cause its so dry. When I first put on the cream, it burns like a muthaaaa but the next morning I'm soft, smooth and NOT inflamed like the previous night. The face wash for me was meh.. nothing special. So I leave it at my boyfriends house and I keep the good stuff in my shower. :smileyvery-happy:

LariTheLoud

Benefit has the Porefessional, if that's what you're thinking of (and it's pretty much the only Benefit product in recent history that I have tried). I don't really use Benefit products for many reasons listed below. I just don't like any of their products enough! Nothing has impressed me at all.

I've tried GlamGlow Youthmud and while it was tingly and left my skin feeling firm, I'm not convinced it's enough of an effect to buy the full sized product. FAB is interesting! I have used their Ultra Repair Cream and I was worried that it felt too greasy on the skin. I used it at night, though, and when I woke up, I had very, very soft skin on my face and no greasy residue. But because it felt greasy upon application and did not sink in very quickly, I chose not to use it as a daytime moisturizer. I hope it works a little better for you!

colorprodigy

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like Nars Orgasm. It looks very clownish on me, as well. I tried it one time, and it was a horrible idea.

Panda168

I have to agree this thread was more entertaining than yesterday... although some parts felt like I was reading this....

save-the-trees-sorry-for-bad-english_o_1702047.jpg

kristallovesdogs

It's funny.....'cause it's true.

ShinyMagpie

That is actually quite logical whereas the other ramblings... yeah not so much logic there. :smileyhappy:

Panda168

haha I was hopeful

YouAreAlways

I was looking back and the crazy talk seems to be only in certain time frames. I honestly think it has to do with drugs. 

ireneh

[ Edited ]

upload_8030700209785295679.gif

this.

@youarealways

Panda168

(0) Hearts

bahahahahahahahha

YouAreAlways

:heart:

lyravega

upload_6920269125209791790.gif

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 110 replies
  • 314 hearts
  • 57 in conversation
    • killahbabe
    • maltipoo66
    • emmaclaire
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • marydiva
    • colorprodigy
    • lyravega
    • kristallovesdogs
    • jojobe
    • tracygirl64
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • dianabt
    • ry22
    • ChicDabbler
    • dolceloure
    • ladymeag
    • missjr
    • minnie07
    • sangova
    • miabt
    • ivyxox
    • gingerblack
    • xoxcrystal
    • Gigi2017
    • Panda168
    • annekevdb
    • infinitise
    • BeautyLove02
    • notcreative
    • mdelrosario91
    • sugarkenzie
    • Loretta55
    • RolyPoly
    • TeemaB
    • ireneh
    • taystee
    • person11
    • jaha8005
    • linda711
    • ShinyMagpie
    • love2shop42
    • meecheroo
    • DitzCore
    • gogreyhound
    • BrennaBombshell
    • YouAreAlways
    • m3rma1d
    • annec322
    • End0ra
    • LariTheLoud
    • LaiceeB18
    • redwagon44
    • 1SultrySCENTNut
    • ColorCrazed
    • Samshoediva
    • CuriousCannibal
    • PinkKittyBeauty
Photos7
  • upload_5615434262397965190.jpg
  • chicken-rooster-photos-pics-funny-meme-lol-oh-hey-there-photobomb_thumb-6873.jpg
  • OprahSideEye.gif
  • what
  • save-the-trees-sorry-for-bad-english_o_1702047.jpg
  • upload_8030700209785295679.gif
  • upload_6920269125209791790.gif