It Didn't Work For Me.......

i don't want this to be a hates or bashing thread. more of a general "i tried this thing and it clearly wasn't meant for me" rather than a "this is crap !" sort of discussion, if that distinction makes sense.....

i find these sorts of discussions helpful. you can learn 1. that you're not alone, or that 2. you were using a thing incorrectly and maybe it's worth another try or 3. that a thing you were considering spending your money on may not be worth the risk after all (though i'd take this last possibility with a grain of salt; everyone is different !!)

i'll post my list below Smiley Happy

Re: It Didn't Work For Me.......

(0) Hearts

Thanks, @H216! It really must be that citrus in LB that I personally can't stand then. Next time I go to Sephora I'll remember to spray then in cards vs.my wrists. Thanks for the suggestion. Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

Wow, sorry to see so many folks not happy with the NAP. I guess I'm lucky that it actually smells so good on me, and not so offensive around my 5 month old. If anyone is willing to part with theirs, please let me know! 

I got a huge sample from Scentbird and oh my. I have never smelled this bad. Terrible. Never again.

We can smell bad together!

I got a sample of it at my local Sephora as the perfume lady thought it might be a good one for me. It just doesn't smell good with my body chemistry either. So you are not alone.

[ Edited ]

I am not sure why, but I keep trying to use it thinking I am some how missing something and its gonna start to smell amazing. Haha, time to give that up!

@AMHWKI @aydasu @virgo87

Farmacy Eye Dew is my latest.... not sure what is in it that causes my skin to react but red blotches under eyes isn't a good look.  Also, I'm sorry to those who love it, but I just cannot figure out Becca's under eye brightening stuff.  I've tried over concealer, under it, with a brush, with my finger and I just think it looks awful.  I'll sick to my cheap Age Rewind stuff!

@AMHWKI same here with the Becca. It looks way too sparkly on its own, and it doesn't blend well with any concealer I've tried. Wish I would have sent it back, just kept trying to make it work. Now it just sits in the sad makeup drawer. 

[ Edited ]

I also got some weird reaction to Eye Dew, it caused to get rash around my eyes -.- I know I'm allergic to a bunch of trees lol not sure if it has some kind of tree extract in it. 

I'm actually relieved about this one since I'll be saving lots of money, but my skin hates La Mer! I knew the fragrance would probably be an issue, but the SA who handed me a deluxe sample insisted that the product would be perfect for people with sensitive skin, eczema, etc. Nope. Not true in my case, and I have the painful bumps on my face to prove it. I'm sticking to Ole Henriksen and Belif, both of which are a fraction of La Mer's prices, and both of which get along with my skin.

I have two deluxe samples of la mer moisturizing soft cream and i dont hate it.  I've been using it it in the am under makeup mostly.  But my skin hasnt had anything bad come from it.  That being said, i have no interest in a full size, but its not too bad.

Yea, La Mer has some nice ingredients mixed with cheap junk. Sea kelp is supposedly the main ingredient, but I bought 20 oz of sea kelp bioferment from the Bulk Actives website - $22 plus $27 shipping from Taiwan. Or $12 for 9 oz plus $22 shipping. US based Skin Actives has some too. Now I mix it into my shampoo and my Belif aqua bomb! And it makes my boyfriend's hair more manageable, fancy that lol

Wow, I was 2 seconds from using a sample on my face last night when I took a quick look at the ingredients. I never use petroleum products on my face (as long as they're identifiable) so once I saw the petrolatum, I stopped and posted to Insta/FB to see if anyone I knew had used it. Petroleum jelly as the 3rd ingredient really doesn't match up with the price. If it's the seaweed extract that is the expensive ingredient doing the real work, I would hope they could find a better carrier.

Thanks for sharing your results!

Spoiler
La-Mer-sample-(front-sized)-20161011_232605.jpg

La-Mer-sample-(back-sized)-20161011_232622.jpg

To me La Mer is so gimmicky. I see so many people who swear by their cream, but I just can't fathom spending hundreds for such a petroleum-heavy cream. I have eczema, and while creme de la mer doesn't aggravate it, it certainly isn't a miracle product either. Sorry to hear that you have had a hard time- definitely do stick with what's clearly working for you. Smiley Happy

Both of the Benefit mascaras. I have come to the conclusion I HATE plastic type brushes and they do nothing for my lashes. These two mascaras the formulas were so wet that my lashes just all stuck together.

Urban Decay Naked skin foundation. I want to believe I had a bad batch as so many love this. The color match was wonderful but in a matter of wearing it an hour my DRY skin was an oil slick and you could see every pore and fine line that I didn't even know was there.

I'm the same with plastic mascara brushes. There hasn't been a single one that has worked for me. They just make my lashes look horrible. 

(0) Hearts

I know that NYX's lip products are very hit or miss, but holy man. I really found a myself a dud in the soft matte lip cream in the shade Buenos Aires. I tried it all, folks. But the color just would not apply to my lips in any rational way (very thin formula with no chance of opacity). I'd avoid this one, for sure.

In the same vein, the NYX liquid suede cream lipstick in the shade Tea and Cookies was also a failure for me. Streaky, sticky, and somehow still drying? 

Call me a masochist, but I'll get back on the horse and continue buying NYX lip products. *shrug*

(0) Hearts

Let me rephrase: try at your own risk. If either shade works for you, you rock and the world is your oyster! Smiley Very Happy

I bought Jeffree Star's summer liquid lipstick set. Tried the first one yesterday (Watermelon Soda) and wasn't feeling the love. Liquid lipstick is my go to and after all the hype, I wanted to love it because of the color variety and scents. Guess I need to hit the trade board.

I also bought Watermelon Soda, it looked totally different on me and it was super streaky. 

Everyone I've talked to about the JS Summer collection has said it was a huge flop:/