marydiva

If you could go back and give your 18-year old self one piece of beauty advice, what would it be?

Hello ladies! :smileyhappy: I'm one of the (few) 17-18 year olds who frequent BT (more often to read then to post) and I've learned so many amazing things from you people! :smileyhappy:

So, I was wondering - if you could time travel and give your 18 year old self advice about makeup/skincare, etc what would you say? :smileyhappy:

spoiledbrat

Re: If you could go back and give your 18-year old self one piece of beauty advice, what would it be

SUNBLOCK ALWAYS - no tanning unless it is from a bottle

lilahtov

Re: If you could go back and give your 18-year old self one piece of beauty advice, what would it be

OMG, Spoiledbrat, you took the words right out of my mouth! I myself am 18 (baby beauty addict over here!) and the best beauty advice I've received from my mother was to wear sunblock EVERY day, without fail. Foundation with SPF doesn't count in my house. Neutrogena is our HG :smileywink:

I trust her, because she has barely a wrinkle in sight and she had me late in life. And she started wearing sunblock daily at 35. I started at 16, so I'm hoping for zero instead of barely any! Haha. A girl can dream...

LCResz

Leave the foundation for the stage or photographs sessions, you don't really need it daily. Some concealer for trouble spots is more than enough because honestly nobody is looking at your pores!

mpolansky

To wash my face every night - no matter how tired or lazy I was feeling!!!

I never regularly washed my face or had a routine to take care of my skin when I was in high school, and wish I had started this earlier.

Also - I was a fan of completely nuding out my lips - I did not embrace my (what I thought were bigger) lips. No idea why I did this - ugh I hate seeing pictures with those stupid concealer lips! Not a good look!

thesupergirl

You don't need the heavy foundation at 18 your pretty without it! And you don't need 3 pairs of shoes in your car at all times!

olivanova

Get those eyebrows done professionally :smileyhappy:

jellybean917

Makeup: Put down the eyeliner! I frequently looked like a raccoon.

Skincare: Hmm, I guess take some time to figure out your skin type? I thought I had acne, but I was just breaking out due to harsh ingredients in the products I was using. Also, wear that SPF every single day!

glossyguru

I second the eyeliner! Although I'm not 18, so many Juniors and Seniors at my school fit the raccoon image you were describing. I think it's better just to tight line (no upper lash line or waterline) and I don't even use black, I use brown. And I only wear eyeliner like that because my lash line is so sparse, and I need something there.

brittany0859

I agree with the harsh products! I'm only 18, but I recently switched to products that are more gentle and my skin has gotten dramatically better. My skin and acne scars aren't as aggravated anymore

SydBristow

I would have told myself to stay out of the sun!! :smileyhappy: 

That, and adopt a regular routine of clean skin and moisturizing. I didn't take it very seriously until more recently, but I wish I had. It's a small, simple thing that I think pays off in the long run.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 93 replies
  • 172 hearts
  • 79 in conversation
    • rosieroseg
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • cherrybombtastic
    • spoiledbrat
    • pearlgirl7