knadala

I own more eye shadow than any other product of makeup, but I don't use it often!

Anyone else have the same condition as me? LOL. I LOVE buying eye shadow, its my favorite purchase; palettes, singles, quads, trio's, cream, powder, etc. But darn it, I use it less than the majority of my other makeup products, why? Who knows, I think I just love looking at it in my collection.

What are some products you like to buy, but don't use as often as you should, for the quantity you're buying? Or is it just me?

jxw200

Re: I own more eye shadow than any other product of makeup, but I don't use it often!

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

i used to be the same way! but in general i buy far too much makeup and don't use any of it enough cause i'm lucky if i manage to put on makeup 3 days a week LOL. 

though i suppose i really haven't worn blush in ages haha. 

yazmin

Re: I own more eye shadow than any other product of makeup, but I don't use it often!

(0) Hearts

Me!!!! I love eyeshadow especially UD I love seeing them I have them in a drawer and I love seeing them but maybe would wear eyeshadow once a week? I want to get into the habit of wearing eyeshadow that would be my new years resolution... To wear more eyeshadow to justify so many of them :smileyhappy: Thanks for the idea.

lonerchick

(0) Hearts

I have so many eyeshadows but rarely wear them because I'm not yet confident in my skill at applying it. I'm getting better and wear neutrals a bit more but it is a slow process.

LuckyWinter

(0) Hearts

Same here! I feel like I got so many palettes, 3 UD, Chanel, Tarte etc and that im not using them that much. Not sure if its because i don't have much inspiration or scared to look bad >.< But for sure I have too much eyeshadows! 

yazmin

(0) Hearts

Me too! I never wore eyeshadow before so I am scared people would see me and I would look bad or weird with it or both. I know this lady that works with my husband and he says she looks horrible with her makeup on, and that sometimes men would ask him if she is a prostitute.... that's the main reason why I try to use the bare minimum of shadow.... almost none...

ChicDabbler

Hi, my name is beautytester. I have one face and 80+ skincare products (does not include multiples of the same). Anyways, I am in the process of reducing my stash. Makeup wise, my eyeshadow and lip collection increased exponentially this yr. =X

orkira

(0) Hearts

Blush.  I have way too many and half the time don't even feel like putting it on.

shinybananas

(0) Hearts

Oh no, that's so sad!  What makes you shy away from it?  Maybe you need some great brushes?

I just love eyeshadow, so it makes me sad thinking of them collecting dust.  It's probably my favorite makeup item, aside from blush and highlighter.

leolion

(0) Hearts

Oh yeah.  I am right there with you.  I love all the colors.  I just love looking at them, and even though I wear eyeshadow almost every day, I own about about 12 different pallets, including all 3 Naked pallets, and it will take me the next ten years to use what I already have.  But...I am already looking at another one.  This is my one bad habit in life, besides salt.

KATinCAROLINA

(0) Hearts

Eyeshadow and nailpolish (and purses) are my downfall.

It's all the beautiful colors...and cutesy palettes.

SirenPrincess

(0) Hearts

Purses, oh definitely! Glances at dresser full of them.

lb1414

Along with my hoards of eye shadow and palettes, I also collect way too much concealer. I have horrible dark circles so I am buying new concealer all the time in hopes to eventually find "the one." No such luck yet!

lsp2005

(0) Hearts

I too feel the need to buy every concealer to see if I can find my HG. I am currently using 3 at once to sort of get it right. Hangs head in shame. Nothing works to cover my blue veins.

shinybananas

Ha, I love concealer, too.  I'm not sure if "the one" is out there, but I'm willing to try and find it!

Do you happen to have thoughts on the Shiseido creamy one?  I think that's my next concealer purchase..

lsp2005

(0) Hearts

I have not tried that one yet, but I will add it to my list.

I have tried: YSL - No color match for me. Dior - allergic, Nars - allergic, Marc Jacobs - ehh it is ok, Too Faced - I use this one with the MJ one and they are ok but not perfect. Laura Mercier is next on my list.

SirenPrincess

I definitely buy too many eyeshadow palettes.  I do actually use them and wear eyeshadow daily and love playing with them, but I've probably got enough eyeshadow to last the entire rest of my life.  I don't know why I just love buying them so much too!

lb1414

My life in a nutshell!

scarletb

(0) Hearts

eyeshadow!! I should probably throw out a lot of really old ones in my collection... oops!

kellsmuneoka

(0) Hearts

I only use lip balm...but I have a ton of lip products. It's so weird. I bought Hautecore and I won't even use it! I have a problem lol.

yazmin

(0) Hearts

me too!! I love how lipsticks look and i have so many of them but dont wear them enough. maybe like once a month

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 30 replies
  • 24 hearts
  • 23 in conversation
    • lb1414
    • jxw200
    • ChicDabbler
    • roxystar4
    • MysticalAngel
    • yazmin