SydBristow

I may need an intervention... :D

All I need to hear is "sale" or "savings" and I cave. I now have a lifetime supply of shadows and liners, half a lifetime of blushes and foundations. :smileyhappy:

I snagged the NARS blush on sale. The UD create your own Melt palette. Stila in the Know at 25% off. They almost always have me at 20%. I feel weak...but of course my makeup is stunning, so at least I look good while being weak. :smileytongue:

Anyone else feel like they have an abundance of makeup yet can get drawn in by super deals? Can we start a group?

SydBristow

Re: I may need an intervention... :D

(0) Hearts

Today I received the NARS blush, some concealer and one of the Blitz bags, which I am super excited about!

Happy weekend everyone!

katie1724

You're not alone! I probably have 100+ blushes -- it's my weakness. As pretty as they are, I could never use all of them in a lifetime (or even two). I also have way too much eyeshadow for how often I use it. I should probably start using it more, come to think of it! :smileyhappy:

mesaana

OMG you are awesome, i have accumulated so much makeup there's no way i could use it all, and whenever i see a sale, i use it as an excuse to buy more!!! if it makes you feel any better, it was my birthday last month, and then with the 20% VIB sale, i went from being a beauty insider to $40 away from rouge in LESS THAN A MONTH AND A HALF. so... yeah... glad you posted this, cuz i was also feeling like i needed some sort of intervention... hahaa ;P

hypnoticpoise

Yay support group! :smileyhappy:) I really want this Fresh skin care set that keeps disappearing and reappearing but I've told myself to wait until the VIB gc comes, that I don't need it that bad. And I love the "shop my stash" idea, that helps a bit! I have so many cool items that I either haven't used yet *blushes* or didn't give a fair shake to before I'm on to the next great thing.

PoesRevy

You are not alone!

I know I should "shop my stash" more often. The goodies to be found would be like finding little treasures that have been rather overlooked.....*sigh

iamaprettylady

I don't even have time to put on the makeup I buy. I have 2 young kids. I put on a little before work, and I try to snag 20 minutes or so for myself before the rare "date night". All this beautiful makeup sitting there, unused... some glorious nights after the kids go to bed, I try on a new look and wash it right off. I don't exactly know what is so wonderful about it. But it sure is wonderful! I'm really craving something new and fabulous, even though I'm sure I won't need it. I almost look for problems with my skin or my makeup routine to have an excuse to buy something to fix it. SIGH Thanks ladies, for reminding me I am not alone!! xo

SallieSunshine

Honestly, no kidding around, I think I have enough eyeshadow to last 30 years. I mean, in the end I'd be wearing some pretty wild UD stuff - I'd be the glitter bomb grandma - but the inventory is there. Maybe I'll calculate my eyeshadow ownership by weight this weekend.

I wasn't kidding when I wrote that last statement. It's absurdity didn't hit me until after I typed it out. I definitely need an intervention.

And yeah, many years worth of lipsticks and blush. I'm keeping the dozen or so mascaras I've acquired in the last month unopened in the hope that will prolong their lives. As for the six that are open right now?  Well... when they go dry, I have backups?

Yeah. Problems.

sundaespal

I hear you. Also, the words limited edition do me in every time. Not just with makeup, either. I'm lucky my husband finds it amusing.

SydBristow

Well, I caved after five hours waiting out the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette.  I may have stayed strong but they also listed what may be some limited edition liners in some great colors, sigh... 

If I am not seen on Beauty Talk for a while it'll probably be because I couldn't pay the bill for internet.  Or I'm in the middle of constructing an addition on my house to accommodate all of my makeup!  :smileyhappy:

ShinyMagpie

LOL girl. I also saw the liners. I'm trying to hold out for now. 

A youtuber named xsparkage has a nice tutorial on Naked 3. I would post a link but can't obviously. :smileyhappy:

Rizzolia

(0) Hearts

xsparkage just announced that Urban decay released the Naked 3 but when will it be at Sephora??? 

ShinyMagpie

(0) Hearts

Pretty sure Sephora is supposed to definitely have it for Dec 11th/12th. Which will be the week after the $20 off $50 of course. 

thesupergirl

I'm having trouble when it comes to sales too, like right now I'm debating wheather to order for em cosmetic 30% off right now or wait and see if they do something for Black Friday. 

rdesigns

When it comes to makeup and the word "sale", I get suckered in every time as well.  I don't even wear makeup every day, but I have a massive stockpile. I also love samples, "free" gifts, purchase with purchase gifts, etc.  I know I have a problem...lol  

I am the same way with skincare products and gadgets too. 

ragdoll4mom

Totally understand.  My husband does not.  When I say what a savings I got,  his reply is usually "just think of the bigger savings you would have by not buying it at all".

SallieSunshine

I'm going to have to start hiding purchases from my BF. After VIBTOPIA, he asked me whether I'd discussed "the makeup thing" with my therapist!

The UPS guy delivers to the office at our apartment complex, and I think I'm going to unbox things in the car and carry them up in unmarked containers. That's totally healthy behavior, right?

iamaprettylady

Lol "the makeup thing"!!! I have my packages delivered to work. Only the mailroom guys know my dark secret... my husband isn't stupid though, he probably has a pretty good idea what's going on.

SydBristow

But then you would have nothing (except the money) - what fun with that be?  :smileyvery-happy:

taisha27

I think our husbands would have a field day together!

BabyD0LL1982

Yes! I totally understand. I think in this last month I have spent $500?! and I still want to go back this saturday. But everything is so pretty...makes me pretty....and when there is a discount..im on it!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 42 replies
  • 105 hearts
  • 26 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • marydiva
    • bombshell30
    • roxystar4
    • hypnoticpoise
    • veronika23