I'm having a Beauty Moment, you?

runy

I'm having a Beauty Moment, you?

What beauty moment are you having right now?  Are you currently into the bright lipstick look?  All neutrals?  The bronzed look?  Trying a different hairstyle everyday? 

My current beauty moment is mixing blushes.  I'm usually a one and done type of girl, but since I've purchased the LORAC blushes (um, all of them!) that were on sale a while back I've started to mix blush colors- a cream blush layered with a complimenting powder blush; a bright blush muted with a skin colored blush; blush bronzer mix.

Next, I'm gravitating towards lightening up my eye looks.  As it's getting warmer (and stickier in DC) I'm softening my eye looks and layers of colors to one soft color and a bright eyeliner (or just brown or black).

What beauty moment are you having?

carrierose

Re: I'm having a Beauty Moment, you?

Tightlining...I sort of forgot about it and then I remembered and I am loving how it makes my eyes look!  That and filling in my brows.  I swear my "simple" makeup routine takes a full 15 minutes these days.

CzaCee

my new beauty moment would be trying to explore more when it comes to my neutral eyeshadows.

melissabt

I would say: Bright coral lipsticks and natural looking bronzers!!

<3 Melissa
sephoralovex

Highlighting. Ever since I got the NARS Albatross I've been hooked and can't leave the house w/o highlighting my face! 

janinebt

Recently I've been shying away from colorful shadows like they have the plague. Maybe it's because I'm bored...maybe it's because I'm getting older; whatever the reason I'm noticing that I am all about muted eyes and a more bold lip. I have tons of bight lip colors that I've been experimenting with.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
runy

I swear it's the weather.  Heavy shadow in hot weather feels gross.  But muted eyes and bold lip screams summer!

carrierose

I've been doing the same thing!  I don't know if it's because it's summer, or I want to look more natural, or what, but I've really been just doing neutral eye looks with all my UD palettes.  I've been trying some bright lip colors, but I'm liking the MLBB look and I definitely overbought on NARS products that are all just a couple shades off my lip color.

starletta8

I'm  so in love with the bright lips with neutral shadows, too.

starletta8

I actually take it overboard occasionally- doing the matching nails/lips thing with Dior Diablotine.... and carrying a purse that's the same color leather.

miabt

Neutral shadows, a winged liner & bold lip are so my thing right now!  Yesterday it was a plumish lip & today it was a coral.  Super easy & quick, any day of the week :smileyhappy:

starletta8

Short nails!

I've also been doing more of a neutral eye with dark eyeliner.

Yuumei

This is going to be a fun read...  my new beauty moment is glitter nail polish!!! I think I am driving the people I work with crazy with my nail polish obsession :smileyhappy:  Yeah, glitter nail polish just recently replaced my search for the perfect lip gloss... that went on for several months before and I drove them nuts with that beauty moment as well LOL :smileyhappy:

runy

(0) Hearts

I have a new found love for glitter nail polish.  Sometimes I glitter just one nail or just the tips.  It's so annoying to take off though!

Seiba

Sounds fun! I'm starting to get obsessed with lipsticks in general after finding out about Kat Von D's liquid lipsticks. Like, yowza, Outlaw is AMAZING. Makes me want to slowly turn into a pin-up rocker chick, even though it'll take a lot of work, style-wise. 

My biggest beauty moment though? Confidence. Still in the works, but I'm getting there. 

beautylovingirl

@prettyinppa- I have a short bob that is long on the sides and shorter in the back and I love it! It's super easy!

prettyinpa

@beautylovingirl-  Your bob sounds so cute!  Hubby likes long hair and I hate the upkeep and having a ton of wet hair on my neck in the summer, so this is the best compromise. I'd love to try one like yours, it sounds easy and pretty.

prettyinpa

I've been experimenting with trying to get my morning routine more streamlined. My hair has been more limp than usual for no good reason, so I've been experimenting with parting it differently and different product to see if I can get some body going. There seems to be a lot of different ways to wear a long bob, so it's been fun, even though some turned out a bit weird. 

runy

I'm about to get a long bob in a week!  Do tell of your adventures!  What's your hair texture?  Mine is slick straight.

prettyinpa

My hair is extremely limp, fine, stick straight and I have less strands due to being a redhead (strawberry blonde, actually), so it's a constant battle not to look bald or stringy. Mostly I just gently bend the ends under, not soccer mom under, just a softening of the ends. My *adventures* consisted of using paste hair wax (fail), a new mousse that left it crunchy and stiff (fail) and trying to tease some volume in the crown (my scalp showed through horribly). The successes were a deep side part that made the bob look asymmetrical even though it isn't (my favorite) and a scarf tied halfway back for a 60's look (great for hot day).

runy

(0) Hearts

LOVE!  Thanks for sharing.  My husband likes long hair too but gosh it's too hot.  Made my appointment for a haircut next week, can't wait!

beautylovingirl

My current beauty moment is self tanner I'm off today and loving the fact got to use my self tanner and paint my toe nails. Now that's a really good moment!:smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 42 replies
  • 120 hearts
  • 26 in conversation
    • runy
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • prosopon
    • sephoralovex