runy

I'm having a Beauty Moment, you?

What beauty moment are you having right now?  Are you currently into the bright lipstick look?  All neutrals?  The bronzed look?  Trying a different hairstyle everyday? 

My current beauty moment is mixing blushes.  I'm usually a one and done type of girl, but since I've purchased the LORAC blushes (um, all of them!) that were on sale a while back I've started to mix blush colors- a cream blush layered with a complimenting powder blush; a bright blush muted with a skin colored blush; blush bronzer mix.

Next, I'm gravitating towards lightening up my eye looks.  As it's getting warmer (and stickier in DC) I'm softening my eye looks and layers of colors to one soft color and a bright eyeliner (or just brown or black).

What beauty moment are you having?

ellevee09

Re: I'm having a Beauty Moment, you?

right now, for me, less is more. I've lately been walking out the door with little to no makeup. As long as I have my LORAC first in line eyeliner on (fave), mascara - Origins GinZing Brightening, and a lipgloss - I'm ready to go.

crayzeeRN

For my eyes, I've been switching between matte neutral shadows and purple shadows! Definitely been going with pigmented lips lately as well :smileyhappy:

For complexion, I've been easing off from foundations (been going naked faced as much as possible to give my skin a break). Once I purchase some paraben and silicone free foundation, I'll go back to using it again!

DeltaGammaGirl

I have been really into complexion. I have been using a beauty blender to apply my liquid and powder. And Into the bronzed look. I achieve it by applying bronzer around my hair line to my cheeks, and contouring my nose with it as well. I prefer too faced chocolate soleil because it is matte! I also add a pop of too faced blush on the apples of my cheeks to get a nice glow!

lolo01

(0) Hearts

Beauty Blender-- omg how did I ever apply my makeup without you! :smileywink: I recently purchased one after my hairdresser used it to apply my makeup and now I use that every day! I love it!

rikkie

Definitely bright lips! I usually go wild with my eye shadow but I seem to have caught whatever everyone else is feeling these days :smileyhappy:

kenny

I've been super obsessed with making my skin look phenomenal. So I love a soft matte skin, with a bit of contour and highlight and a nice full, natural-looking brow.

bearsmom

My beauty moment has been developing for about a year or so when I first decided I spend my whole day with kids and other than my forehead lines look about 10 years younger than I am.  I went to a heavier foundation (MAC Studio Sculpt) and more sophisticated eye shadows, lightened my over all look with more attention to good skin, high cheek bones, and long lashes rather than my eye shadow, blush, or lip gloss.  My most recent CRAVES have been a multitude of Benefit products, highlighters and bronzer in particular, liquid liner (Revlon ColorStay from my ballet days), and self tanners (St. Tropez Moose and Fake Bake Fair).  Also, with these forehead line but teenager pores around my nose, I use Neutrogena Fine Line Filler, Smashbox Photo Finish, and Benefit Porefessional more than any other product!!!

prosopon

Lately I have been using my eyelids as a canvas, a work of art, and I am having a blast!  I have been trying colorful blues, greens, purples on days I am not at work and varying neutrals, subdued colors for work.

runy

That's fun!

prosopon

(0) Hearts

Lately I have been watching a lot of you tube videos (there is nothing on tv right now!) and getting inspired by a lot of coloful looks.  I didn't realize I was in a make up funk.  Glad to be out of it!

pinklissamel

(0) Hearts

Defiately brighter lips, I gravitate twards nudes in general but I'm starting to branch out and try some brighter colors!!! It's kinda hard to see myself with pinker lips but I suppose it will take a bit of getting used to seeing more color on my lips.

runy

(0) Hearts

Hey pinklissamel I used to be scared of bright lip colors too!  Try the Urban Decay Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Pencils.  They're amazing and so fun and they stay on all day and something about them makes it really go with your skin tone!

sephoramusthave

I'm back to using cream shadows a lot lately. I forgot how user friendly their are---swipe on and go. My favorites are the benefit creaseless cream. Has anyone tried the newer formula yet? Is it different from the old formula, or same formula just in newer packaging?

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

It's the same formula in newer packaging when you compare identical shades. Some of the newer shades perform amazingly, some a little less so! Temptalia's website has some great photos and reviews back when they originally came out, if you're interested :smileyhappy:

starletta8

Hooray, someone else who loves cream shadows!

aviscardi

I've  been on a bright lip kick since April? maybe earlier. 

DesertRose0706

just bought a matte eyeshdow palette (in came today, yay!) and i definetely plan to try out matte looks for th next 2 weeks at least lol

onomotopoeia9

Very neutral eyeshadow with a muted brown winged eyeliner!

runy

Love this look!

lolo01

Im totally into Matte Shadows right now.. Nothing glittery or bright :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 42 replies
  • 120 hearts
  • 26 in conversation
    • runy
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • prosopon
    • sephoralovex