MizzyyzziM
Accepted Solution

I just have to get this off my chest! Which Product???

[ Edited ]

Theres been almost 100 times I'd guess... that I just wanted to read a particular review on one particular eye shadow color say, and all I see is "Two Thumbs Up", "Great Eye Shadow, Excellent pigmentation, totally buy this, etc" And I have know clue which eye shadow they are talking about. We even have the ability to search the reviews by age and skin type, but we still can't see which eye shadow they're talking about right? Or is there a way for me to find out? Does anybody know if we can see what somebody purchased to understand what their review is referring to?

Now I always make sure to put in my title which product I bought in what color btw. I was guilty of it when I first came to Sephora. I feel but better having vented. Thank you for listening. :smileyhappy:

Also, does anyone know if there is a way to contact Sephora to encourage this to write a disclosure before people post that would remind them to mention the exact product color, size, and specifics that they're reviewing?

60'S_Eyeliner_B+W.png

Whewwww...

katie1724

Re: I just have to get this off my chest! Which Product???

(0) Hearts

That always bothers me, too -- it would probably be a lot of work, but they could always make it an obligatory part of the review form (a drop down menu with the shade, etc.). There was a previous thread re: ranting about reviews -- that was a common complaint! :smileyhappy:

MizzyyzziM

(0) Hearts

You know, somebody came up with another good point in a post I saw that they also don't mention the dimensions of the product. Like if the pallet is 6" by 4" etc. What a pain.

MizzyyzziM

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much, can't wait to experiment with this. Your the best!

-Warm Regards

Missy

MizzyyzziM

Sounds fascinating, I'll have to do my research. But I would mind being able to fight back the California Sun this Summer myself. My driving arm gets it the worst. Even with sunblock.

melde

I agree. I get excited if I'm reading reviews and I see that someone with similar coloring to me mentions the shade I'm thinking about. It would be nice to have a little selection for people to make when they write their reviews. Otherwise I have no idea what color they are mentioning.

Gamergirl24

I like the idea of finding out about the shade. There are some products that i know rock... I just want to know if people with similar skin tone liked __ shade on them.

ChicDabbler

I second the suggestion. There used to be a trick you can do when you search where you can make it only display that specific color of eyeshadow/lipstick and you can see the reviews from people who brought that (probably automatically categorized there when they click the link in their review-reminder email?). But you can't do that with new site.

I hate it when people were like "it's too shiny" for an eyeshadow that have satin, shimmery and glitter option and such. =(

Also, because the distinction is blurred between face make up and moisturizers, I wish you can pick skin type for make up or complexion for moisturizers (especially the tinted or "light diffusing" kind)

MizzyyzziM

(0) Hearts

Yessss! I vaguely remember that. It was on the older Sephora website wasn't it?

Oh my goodness I hate that also when a product specifically states something and people complain about it.

EX: "I bought the color in "The Reddest Red" lipstick shade and it is just TOO Red for me."

I agree with you on the make up and moisturizers as well. I'm completely a tinted moisturizer user. I use Nars  tinted moisturizer in Finland and I've never had anything better. 

Which do you use?

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

I use Laura Mercier, and have Boots no.7 Soft&Sheer and Maybelline Dream BB cream. I don't have a preference really, and my complexion is getting a bit lighter from all the brightening mask/peels I used to shed the tan I used to have when living in TX.

MizzyyzziM

(0) Hearts

You can lighten your face? I'm super interested. What are you using? Is it that Boscia Bright White Mask?

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

There is whitening/bleaching, more common in Asian countries, which is just as bad for your skin as tanning. Then there is brightening/even skintone, which usually refers to the process of shedding the top layer of the skin faster, so the tan/darkspot/blemish on the surface of the skin disappears faster. The latter is what most products refers to and what I use, mostly I just want to shed the tan on my face so it matches my neck (~2 shades lighter) better.

Boscia white is too hydrating for me and give me pimples. I liked Origins Brighter by Nature peel pad and Sekkisei Kose Mask White. Right now I'm test out random enzyme masks/peels from different brands (exfolikate, Dr. Brandt microdermabrasion, Philosophy 2 step peel).

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • ChicDabbler
    • MizzyyzziM
    • Gamergirl24
    • melde
Photos1