poemelyric

I HATE Ulta but...

They are having triple points for platinum customers on purchase through the 15th.  They virtually have no customer service and I've only had bad experiences with them.  That said, I have $53 in my Redeemable points and to not use them would be a waste.  What does everybody that uses Ulta think about the promotion?  Does the points go to the Redeemable points?  Are you going to indulge with Chic Week almost being upon us?

reflectsgold

Re: I HATE Ulta but...

I have yet to meet an ULTA that has good customer service and ive probably been all the ones in GA.

dolceloure

While I adore Sephora and it's my #1 beauty shop (and always cave whenever they have a promo!), I do love Ulta's point/reward system. That said, I always take advantage of their bonus promos...points add up very quickly (especially as a platinum member) and before I know it I have 1000 points racked up, though I've probably only spent a few hundred dollars. (oh gosh, "only spent a few hundred dollars" is a little unnerving, since I know I also spend a few hundred at Sephora too, lol). And yes, whatever extra points you earn during these promos will always go into one big redeemable points pile! 

kristallovesdogs

I'm sad you've had a bad Ulta experience!  My 2 local Ulta's are amazing.  The women are incredibly friendly and helpful, even tracking stuff down in the back and holding it for me.  All the drugstore stuff is always on a sale rotation, so it's super easy to stock up on tons of makeup for practically pennies - I use those 3.50 coupons on all my purchases and break them into $10 purchases, plus I use coupons from the paper and magazine tear outs.  The ladies at the cashwrap are always tracking down other coupons for me too.  Between that and all the promos with the prestige brands, in my personal experience, it is much more profitable to buy everything I want at Ulta that they carry.  There are many brands they don't, which of course I love Sephora for, mostly the luxe brands.  But those points add up FAST.  Since Christmastime I've redeemed 2 $125 shopping sprees already.  Free money to buy what I want?  Yes please!  That's how I got my Naked 3 palette, and the Too Faced Chocolate palette.

poemelyric

I don't have an Ulta near me so I have to order online.  The customer service line is horrible.  Or at least I've always had bad experiences with them.  I like that they give you cash off for items but their items aren't wrapped properly (i've had to return 5 broken items) and returns are horrible.  I wish I had a better experience them...

bad823

Grrrr...I just made a nice purchase on Friday & today I got the email for 2X bonus points...

poemelyric

(0) Hearts

LOL!  That always happens to me!  I place an order and a few hours later, there's an email saying "For 4 hours only..."  I hate that!

LaiceeB18

It's sad to hear that some Ulta stores aren't great. Mine here is pretty nice and the laddies that work there (most of them) are pretty helpful. Granted I still enjoy going to Sephora more because I love it there (could die happy there... that's sad).... But I do go to Ulta for the few things there I know I like that Sephora doesn't have.

poemelyric

(0) Hearts

I do all of my Ulta orders online so I can't speak to the quality of the stores but I know when I walk into a Sephora, I'm going to have great service.  Even when I order online, the Rouge line has always been great to me.  Maybe I should try going to an Ulta in person...

Fab2fab

I am so glad I am not the only one who thinks Ulta's customer service is marginal at best. Especially online orders: they take FOREVER to arrive, I even forget what I ordered by the time my order comes. And also...if you have to return something you bought online, find your e-mail confirmation of the order because the package comes only with a packing slip with no prices on it and the store cannot process your return without that e-mail. With that said, I do feel I get more back for the money I spend there vs. at Sephora.  I really could care less about the trial sizes I get at Sephora with my points. I'd rather get coupons and points redeemable towards make-up of my choosing than those trial sizes of stuff I very often don't even use.  So...needless to say if something I am looking for is available at Ulta, I would buy it there instead of Sephora because of the better program. I get it, Ulta probably operates on smaller profit margins than Sephora and that's why their customer service is so bad, but as a consumer I like my points!

poemelyric

(0) Hearts

I like the Redeemable point concept too but if I'm getting broken items that I constantly have to send back on my dime, then it's not worth it to me.  I shop more at Sephora because they have more of the brands that I purchase but for brands that Sephora has dropped and that I loved, I would go to Ulta.  Ulta's customer service phone line is not helpful at all...

TrysBeautyItems

[ Edited ]

Points can also be saved for platinum members. I only purchase items with points that I will NOT be returning. If points are used on a return item, you will NOT get the points back. You will also earn points on the remaining amount after points/coupons are used.

Ulta online shipping uses UPS to the USPS for final delivery...most stores do this even with FedEx - it's more reasonably priced for the company if they give free ship..GAP inc, Eddie Bauer, Victoria Secret etc..

I've haven't had a terrible experience at Ulta, just eh..been ignored in an totally empty store, to them automatically wanting to give me store credit for a return (I had to interrupt them to show I had the receipt which they did NOT even ask if I had and tell them to refund in the original payment), to being helped matching a shade to getting a few sealed samples since they did not get in the advertised gwp for what I purchased. Now I'm in a different state, and the Ulta's seem much more friendlier, but they still aren't totally with it but seem better...however the Sephora here, I've had a bad experience with - it's in a very busy area - and took Sephora CS forever to get the manager to talk to me - who did not really acknowledge the issue.

I usually shop online, as I always find a way to get more for my buck. However, I will go in store if I need it quicker or it's just a few items, that's not worth it to order online or not available online.

poemelyric

With Ulta, for me it's strictly online (Ulta is a good 50 minutes away from me by car on a good day).  I buy things online on Sephora if I want something really bad or if it will be a while before I can make it to the store.  I love my local Sephora so maybe that makes me biased a bit but I find that the Rouge hotline is incredible.  I'm all about customer service, LOL!

TrysBeautyItems

Customer Service does mean a lot, if there is such a thing nowadays...

shoppiturt

I'm slightly bummed I seem to not have redeemable points. Why do I care that I've spent $$ there (before the switch) if I've basically got nothing to show for it? And I don't see myself spending that much more money just to get to platinum. 

I'd use the free money though. I'm not 100% on how the system works, but...it's free money. 

poemelyric

(0) Hearts

I've heard a lot of people complain that they lost points when the converted to their new system...  That definitely stinks especially if you were a good customer.

bratknits

I get to combine the 3X with my 2X for my birthday month plus $10 off anything b-day coupon sooooooo yeah I'll be doing some stocking up on drugstore items and haircare at a minimum.  That $125.00 shopping spree I took with 2,000 points in January is worth repeating.

poemelyric

(0) Hearts

LOL!  You've hit the jackpot!  You'll be shopping your heart out this and next week!

snowshoe

I am going to use that promo, especially since I use Ulta as a good way to stock up on items that I'd normally get at a drugstore (shampoo, lotion, etc.).  I take advantage of any promo that comes along especially since those points can add up quickly.  Because of that, I've redeemed more than a few $100-125 credits over the years.

poemelyric

(0) Hearts

I mainly get skin care at Ulta...  only because Sephora stopped carrying my brand.  But i've heard that they have gone the way of Sephora where now you can only use a promo code once...

KSkogs

I saw that email too and I'm trying to justify my purchase... I don't have redeemable points, but I think it's a waste not to use that free money. Just go buy some things that you already love... They also have online only brands like the body shop that offer great stuff like their body butters. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 28 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • reflectsgold
    • poemelyric
    • kristallovesdogs
    • dolceloure
    • KSkogs
    • bad823