onomotopoeia9

How do you store/ organize your makeup stash?

[ Edited ]

I know this has been discussed before, but not recently, so I thought an update is in order!

Right now I have a bunch of makeup bags and shoe-boxes, but they just make things difficult to find and so I never put things back in. I organize so often, but my makeup ends up all over the place. I am looking to reorganize everything - so I would appreciate ideas from all you beauty gurus! Thanks!

*when I finally do it, I will definitely post a pic to follow up ...

AlwaysGlamorous

Re: How do you store/ organize your makeup stash?

Thank you! ....Now I'm on ebay :smileywink:

onomotopoeia9

haha me too!

roxystar4

[ Edited ]

I seriously love it. It sounds so silly, but I have been fiddling with it all day. I added another divider tonight so that my lipsticks wont fall over. So I made a separation between the glossies and the lippies

Edit 12/19/13 - DO NOT PURCHASE FROM b2bitems on ebay. They are terrible. Have terrible customer service and were dishonest (the case cracked within 4 months - please see this thread for more details: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/I-m-SO-upset-right-now-b2bitems-on-ebay-DO-NOT-BUY-FROM-THE...

roxystar4

@alwaysglamorous    I think my husband got mine when they were running a 20% off sale.  Not sure how often they do that but it may be worth waiting?

AlwaysGlamorous

Ohhh I love me a good discount (as I know we all do here!). 20% off is good enough to make me wait a little bit.

crayzeeRN

That's a really awesome gift roxy! Love that it's clear, so you can find things easier. Will definitely be looking into this when I move!

kimmi1115

That is awesome!  Since it's clear, it can work with any decor in your bathroom or bedroom.  

I keep going back and forth about organizing.  I still don't have it just right, and it is bugging the heck out of me! lol.

LolaVal

Wow! That is really really nice!!!  I love how clean and organized it is!

sephoramusthave

box.jpg

onomotopoeia9

Nice, sephoramusthave! What did you buy first - the makeup or the storage??

lol, but seriously, once I am investing...

onomotopoeia9

Love the clear storage!!! It is so organized, everything is accessible, and you can see all of your goodies! Do they make the acrylic organizers in any other shapes/sizes? (I'm trying to figure out how i can fit it in my room)

roxystar4

@onomotopoeia9  - yes they do. The seller makes them with a minimum of 3 drawers and max of 8.  The 5 drawers that I have measures 12" x 12" x 15"H.

3 drawers- 12" x 12" x 9 1/2"H

8 Compartments Display 12" x 12" x 23"H

The Bottom drawer is bigger 3 3/4 inches high  (it can fit big nail polish like OPI or any other big products).  It is a little short for my foundations though. 

My husband ordered the one with extra dividers so that I can organize with in each compartment. 

I'm really happy with mine. It is really heavy duty/thick acrylic.

violalea

awesome thanks roxystar4 for your helpful info :smileyhappy: I have just told my boyfriend to get it for me in near future :smileywink:

roxystar4

@violalea   You can order the acrylic makeup organizer with the dividers (there is a drop down menu). the dividers are adjustable and dont fit snuggly into the drawers. So you can put 1 or 3 or however many. I didn't put one in for the the drawer with my palettes

violalea

@roxystar4,

Thanks. Yeah near future hopefully :smileyhappy:

onomotopoeia9

[ Edited ]

and just as a btw, it looks like you have great stuff in there!!!

sephoralovex

So nice! This is what I'm talking about, you can see everything and it looks great :smileyhappy:

bananachoox3

Right now, I have a clear pull out storage container that is holding all my makeup collection. I organized them by face product in one drawer which would include foundation, powder, bronzer, and highlighter. My blushes have their own drawer just because they won't fit with the face section. Then I have one for eyes which include any paint pots, single eye shadows and primers. Palettes, I have a CD rack that you can get from target to hold them. Another drawer I have is misc, samples of perfume, lip scrub, and other misc I have.

onomotopoeia9

A cd rack for pallets...so creative!

sephoralovex

Right now I just store mine in mini 5 drawer organizers I got from walmart. Though I do want to get something along the lines of a Clear Cube, I've been looking at something similar from The Container Store. I feel like they'll look much nicer on my vanity. But I'm moving soon, So I'll have to wait.

colorobsession

I think I just bought the same organizers you have! I bought two to stash the majority of my smaller makeup in. I also have a trunk from Sephora that I have filled with a range of makeup that I use on other people, and my bigger eyeshadow palettes usually are in a cabinet since they don't fit anywhere else!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 66 replies
  • 118 hearts
  • 39 in conversation
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • ginger304
    • sephoralovex
    • aviscardi