onomotopoeia9

How do you store/ organize your makeup stash?

[ Edited ]

I know this has been discussed before, but not recently, so I thought an update is in order!

Right now I have a bunch of makeup bags and shoe-boxes, but they just make things difficult to find and so I never put things back in. I organize so often, but my makeup ends up all over the place. I am looking to reorganize everything - so I would appreciate ideas from all you beauty gurus! Thanks!

*when I finally do it, I will definitely post a pic to follow up ...

garnett

Re: How do you store/ organize your makeup stash?

I purchased a stack of plastic drawers in an office supply store and I have everything divided by catagory: face, lips, eye shadows/palettes, liners and mascara, sample and perk stash, and then odds and ends.  On my desk I have a mug that holds all my brushes and such, and a mug that hold the liners, mascaras, and any "tube" that is currently open and in use.  I also have a container that holds all my "go to" makeup. I am finally finding and using all the great stuff that I spend so much hard earned money on!

janinebt

My makeup organizing methods are all over the place. I have plastic drawers for lipsticks (one totally dedicated to red lipstick) and lashes.

I have a traincase that is jam packed with palettes, shadows, and blushes; which I really need to clean out again...for the 3rd time this year. A lot of my products have a bad habit of running rampant in my linens closet. I have a box and bag filled with products that I haven't tried out, perfumes set to one corner, two hair bins that are complete clutter storms, and a brush belt which seems to always be hiding.

I ultimately want a vanity, but need something that has a lot of storage. Right now this just sort of works best for me...even if it is a pain to hunt things down every morning.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
roxystar4

[ Edited ]

@janinebt  I want a vanity too (someday)!  I hope to have another kiddo so I want something where I can put my items up high, out of the reach of little fingers & a vanity that has a ton of storage!  

dannyc

Right now everything is in a train case, makeup bags & boxes. I ordered a PBteen vanity & it was back ordered, came scratched, then backordered again. It's too expensive to be waiting months for it. Even though I hate IKEA, I might be going there this week and build some sort of vanity with 2 dressers with a shelf over them & hang a mirror on the wall. 

aviscardi

I use 2 Muji - 2 drawers for all my daily stuff, larger palettes in my vanity drawer and the rest of my makeup is stored in the pier 1 hayworth lingerie chest

dolceloure

I <3 organization threads. :smileyhappy:

I was using some plastic drawers from Walmart (a larger 3 drawer organizer, and a smaller, but taller 5 drawer organizer). However, my collection's gotten bigger, and since I'm moving in a couple of months and everything's getting packed up, I have the perfect excuse to develop a new organizational system! I love those acrylic drawers though; I might invest in a couple of them!

aviscardi

thats what i had for about maybe 2yrs or more. and i swore against the clear acrylic and not liking to see through them lol. now i can't live without it. i had a larger 3 drawer and a small 3 drawer stacked on top or side by side. Now everything i use daily fits in my muji and i love that i can see everything. 

onomotopoeia9

The acrylic is so appealing...

starletta8

I need to find a few method.

I don't want most things to sit out, but it takes a long time to find products not in my "quick access" drawer. I use 4 of The Container Store's plastic pull-out drawers (in purple) for my additional products. I just have too much!!!

miarampton18

I've been using this Spinning Makeup Case. I like how there are a lot of areas to store your makeup products and the top can come off to store more items inside!spin case.jpgcase.jpg

YouAreAlways

(0) Hearts

This is on my must list!

SusyWang

(0) Hearts

Your post made my mouth drop in awe. LOL.

onomotopoeia9

(0) Hearts

So cool that it spins! it must feel like your at a store when you use it :smileyhappy:

Where did you purchase it?

aviscardi

lori grenier makes one on qvc

serioustree

I say check your your local Michaels or Joann's, I've seen them around in the organizing area!

kenny

Currently I store the majority of my makeup in a Sephora Collection Train Case and then I have a small 3 drawer plastic case to hold single some single eyeshadows and some pencils. I have another drawer in my bathroom to store large palettes and foundation bottles (those never seem to fit well anywhere!).

crayzeeRN

My current method doesn't really work for me very well. Waiting to move so that I can purchase something that will organize it better! Currently using a couple of counter-top acrylic organizers from the container store, a couple of Bath & Body works empty candle glass jars for organizing lip products, and inside one of my drawers I use my empty birchboxes as drawers dividers to organize! We have a reuse, recycle policy in this house :smileyhappy:

roxystar4

[ Edited ]

my husband just bought me a large acrylic makeup case for my anniversary present! I LOVE it! 

Here is my image with about 3/4 of my makeup in it. ( I keep a 5 drawer plastic one in the bathroom for go-tos.)

photo-72.jpg

photo-74.jpg

Edit 12/19/13 - DO NOT PURCHASE FROM b2bitems on ebay. They are terrible. Have terrible customer service and were dishonest (the case cracked within 4 months - please see this thread for more details: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/I-m-SO-upset-right-now-b2bitems-on-ebay-DO-NOT-BUY-FROM-THE...

violalea

[ Edited ]

wow i love love it. Great husband :smileyhappy: Do you mind me asking where did he get it? So yours is 5 drawers with 1 lid? and 4 of them have dividers? 

I think I want 3 or 4 drawers with lid with dividers cause it's cheaper :smileyhappy:

AlwaysGlamorous

I have a counter top acrylic organizer but this...this is amazing! I bet the acrylic cube dot com has been experiencing a lot of traffic after your post! [I know I looked at the site!]

roxystar4

[ Edited ]

@alwaysglamorous  My husband actually got this on ebay the seller is b2bitems  ACRYLIC LUCITE CLEAR CUBE MAKEUP ORGANIZER W/DRAWERS  . 

They did an amazing packing job - double boxed, lots of bubble wrap & clear wrapping. (not so great for the environment but great for the customer - secure & no damage to item).

I changed out the pic on the top to the one from ebay. I liked the way the other picture looked with the stuff inside & I thought that the pic showed how big it is. But I wanted to show you more accurately the actual product

Edit 12/19/13 - DO NOT PURCHASE FROM b2bitems on ebay. They are terrible. Have terrible customer service and were dishonest (the case cracked within 4 months - please see this thread for more details: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/I-m-SO-upset-right-now-b2bitems-on-ebay-DO-NOT-BUY-FROM-THE...

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 66 replies
  • 118 hearts
  • 39 in conversation
    • kenny
    • dannyc
    • sephoramusthave
    • ginger304
    • sephoralovex
    • aviscardi