onomotopoeia9

How do you store/ organize your makeup stash?

[ Edited ]

I know this has been discussed before, but not recently, so I thought an update is in order!

Right now I have a bunch of makeup bags and shoe-boxes, but they just make things difficult to find and so I never put things back in. I organize so often, but my makeup ends up all over the place. I am looking to reorganize everything - so I would appreciate ideas from all you beauty gurus! Thanks!

*when I finally do it, I will definitely post a pic to follow up ...

YouAreAlways

Re: How do you store/ organize your makeup stash?

(0) Hearts

Sadly in zip locks until my vanity. I like the being able to see through the bag....:smileywink:

DrProducts

(0) Hearts

Oh Ginger304: (since I can't reply for whatever reason--Explorer?)--anyway "my old guest room . . . who needs guests?" truly tickleth my funnybone. Love it, just love it. Thanks for the cackle!

ginger304

I have  a large vanity n my dressing room(my old guest room..who needs guests?) it has several drawers and shelves which hold my samples and back ups..i have a train case with all my gotta have it now's ..I keep liners and brushes in pretty vintage glasses..my vanity has a 3 way mirror and I also have an electric  magnifying one..my bathroom has all my hair and bath products around the tub, on a shelf under the mirror and in the cutest little table with a shelf behind the door that I found in a vintage store and painted shabby pink..i also keep my iron,dryers and other apliances in a basket in my bathroom under the table..when life gets rough I lock myself in my dressing room put on some music and play with all my pretties!!

annekevdb

I have a very fancy plastic shoebox that I keep everything in on top of my toilet. I"m not going to post a picture because it would make you all super jelly!

Urbie

I live in a teeny tiny NYC apartment, so my everyday makeup and skincare are in a couple of compartmentalized acrylic trays and boxes in a cabinet I installed in my bathroom (I have to share with my fiance, but I kind of have shoved all his skincare onto half of one of the 4 shelves).  I have the rest of my stash- stuff I haven't opened yet, and make up that I only use sometimes or for travel in 2 big plastic bins in my closet.

It isn't the best solution to store my make up in the bathroom, but I don't have a mirror or space to put stuff anywhere else.  One day I will have a space!!!!

jaimelove

my lippies and skincare are stored separately, but here's my newly organized traincase :smileyhappy:

traincase1.jpg

mascaras

traincase2.jpg

daily use face stuff

traincase3.jpg

tinted moisturizers, deluxe finishing powders

traincase4.jpg

single shadows (plus a trio)

traincase5.jpg

primers

traincase6.jpg

eyeliner and shadow primers

traincase7.jpg

palettes, blushes, full size finishing powders

there's still a bit of space in the bottom, i am thinking i need to start shopping to fill it up :smileywink: since i discovered bye bye redness i can wear blush now so it's time to start buying ALL THE BLUSHES!!! 

1SultrySCENTNut

I counted All my Caboodles today, there are 6 for small make up items,10 large train case caboodles for large make up items and I have 75 Caboodles boxes for my perfume..

I think I need to have my room made-over with a special place in the walk thru closet for make=up shelves and PERFUME SHELVING! 

lol

chelssss

IMG_2984.JPGI just have a writing table from Walmart and ten drawer organizer. On top, I have brushes and containers from the container store: the acrylic 3 drawer, 12 lipstick holder, and an acrylic container that can be used forever. I did get the Lori Greiner spinner for Christmas just haven't gotten an updated picture. This organization is great for me, ANS CHEAP! 

jenjendoitagain

(0) Hearts

I like it! :smileyhappy: That chair is super cute too:smileyvery-happy:

aggiegirl2012

image.jpgI have this, with drawer organizers inside. My single shadows are stored in ice cube trays. I also bought hurricane vases for my brushes to be in on top. 

lsp2005

(0) Hearts

I bought the Target Circo Amsterdam Blue Rugby Stripe Bin and then inside of it I put a divided cosmetics bin. It created two levels and organized everything nicely for me.

tashalicious

(0) Hearts

i bought a makeup organizer but i'm starting to need more space so i plan to get a bigger one.

mdelrosario91

All my makeup (minus the backups) are on the top drawers of my dresser, because I couldn't find another place to put them. I went into a crazy organizing spree a few months ago, and bought all these containers from Target.  There's not really any formal organization. I just put whatever fit into whatever container and just made them fit in the drawers :smileyvery-happy:

As you will see, I love makeup very much.. :smileywink:

Foundations, lip products, eyeliners, mascaras, etc.

IMG_3778.JPG

My palettes that I love very much, some eye primers over there

IMG_3768.JPG

My blushes and highlighters, I love you too

IMG_3781.JPG

Brushes, ignore the mess! They're just there on top of my dresser

IMG_3771.JPG

jenjendoitagain

I see someone loves cookie monster! :smileyvery-happy:

I love how you made use of that plastic Starbucks cup too! My brushes are in random glasses as well

1SultrySCENTNut

• I have MANY , MANY, MANY CABOODLES...some metal, some plastic, some small,some medium, some large and in every style dating back to 1984-ish..but I have NO CLEAR ones ( just to be safe and so no sunlight or light of any kind is let in to ruin my products, especially my PERFUMES ( I am a PERFUME ADDICT ! )
NurseCupcake

Right now all of mine is in a 5 drawer rubbermaid container, that is starting to overflow. 

As cliche as it is, I'm going to go to IKEA and get the Alex 9 drawers when I get my tax money back. I've been holding off as I travel a lot for work and most of my stuff is in a Storage shed (except my makeup which I keep at my parent's house). So I decided to just go for it so at least it will be organized while at their house! :smileyvery-happy:

AlisG

(0) Hearts

This is awesome! I was thinking of getting things to do this too! Thank you!

onomotopoeia9

New discovery -- MUJI acrylic! Awesome gorgeous products, and I am getting a whole bunch to make a sort of system for myself...will keep you guys posted :smileyhappy:

Teresaanne92

(0) Hearts

I also have these and I LOVE them. They're amazing! :smileyhappy:

laurabt

(0) Hearts

@Onomotopoeia- I just discovered the MUJI acrylic containers myself; can't wait to hear how yours work out!  :smileyhappy: -Laura

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 66 replies
  • 118 hearts
  • 39 in conversation
    • kenny
    • dannyc
    • sephoramusthave
    • ginger304
    • sephoralovex
    • aviscardi