How do you store/ organize your makeup stash?

[ Edited ]

I know this has been discussed before, but not recently, so I thought an update is in order!

Right now I have a bunch of makeup bags and shoe-boxes, but they just make things difficult to find and so I never put things back in. I organize so often, but my makeup ends up all over the place. I am looking to reorganize everything - so I would appreciate ideas from all you beauty gurus! Thanks!

*when I finally do it, I will definitely post a pic to follow up ...

Re: How do you store/ organize your makeup stash?

(0) Hearts

Sadly in zip locks until my vanity. I like the being able to see through the bag....Smiley Wink

(0) Hearts

Oh Ginger304: (since I can't reply for whatever reason--Explorer?)--anyway "my old guest room . . . who needs guests?" truly tickleth my funnybone. Love it, just love it. Thanks for the cackle!

I have  a large vanity n my dressing room(my old guest room..who needs guests?) it has several drawers and shelves which hold my samples and back ups..i have a train case with all my gotta have it now's ..I keep liners and brushes in pretty vintage glasses..my vanity has a 3 way mirror and I also have an electric  magnifying one..my bathroom has all my hair and bath products around the tub, on a shelf under the mirror and in the cutest little table with a shelf behind the door that I found in a vintage store and painted shabby pink..i also keep my iron,dryers and other apliances in a basket in my bathroom under the table..when life gets rough I lock myself in my dressing room put on some music and play with all my pretties!!

I have a very fancy plastic shoebox that I keep everything in on top of my toilet. I"m not going to post a picture because it would make you all super jelly!

I live in a teeny tiny NYC apartment, so my everyday makeup and skincare are in a couple of compartmentalized acrylic trays and boxes in a cabinet I installed in my bathroom (I have to share with my fiance, but I kind of have shoved all his skincare onto half of one of the 4 shelves).  I have the rest of my stash- stuff I haven't opened yet, and make up that I only use sometimes or for travel in 2 big plastic bins in my closet.

It isn't the best solution to store my make up in the bathroom, but I don't have a mirror or space to put stuff anywhere else.  One day I will have a space!!!!

my lippies and skincare are stored separately, but here's my newly organized traincase Smiley Happy

traincase1.jpg

mascaras

traincase2.jpg

daily use face stuff

traincase3.jpg

tinted moisturizers, deluxe finishing powders

traincase4.jpg

single shadows (plus a trio)

traincase5.jpg

primers

traincase6.jpg

eyeliner and shadow primers

traincase7.jpg

palettes, blushes, full size finishing powders

there's still a bit of space in the bottom, i am thinking i need to start shopping to fill it up Smiley Wink since i discovered bye bye redness i can wear blush now so it's time to start buying ALL THE BLUSHES!!! 

I counted All my Caboodles today, there are 6 for small make up items,10 large train case caboodles for large make up items and I have 75 Caboodles boxes for my perfume..

I think I need to have my room made-over with a special place in the walk thru closet for make=up shelves and PERFUME SHELVING! 

lol

IMG_2984.JPGI just have a writing table from Walmart and ten drawer organizer. On top, I have brushes and containers from the container store: the acrylic 3 drawer, 12 lipstick holder, and an acrylic container that can be used forever. I did get the Lori Greiner spinner for Christmas just haven't gotten an updated picture. This organization is great for me, ANS CHEAP! 

(0) Hearts

I like it! Smiley Happy That chair is super cute tooSmiley Very Happy

image.jpgI have this, with drawer organizers inside. My single shadows are stored in ice cube trays. I also bought hurricane vases for my brushes to be in on top. 

(0) Hearts

I bought the Target Circo Amsterdam Blue Rugby Stripe Bin and then inside of it I put a divided cosmetics bin. It created two levels and organized everything nicely for me.

(0) Hearts

i bought a makeup organizer but i'm starting to need more space so i plan to get a bigger one.

All my makeup (minus the backups) are on the top drawers of my dresser, because I couldn't find another place to put them. I went into a crazy organizing spree a few months ago, and bought all these containers from Target.  There's not really any formal organization. I just put whatever fit into whatever container and just made them fit in the drawers Smiley Very Happy

As you will see, I love makeup very much.. Smiley Wink

Foundations, lip products, eyeliners, mascaras, etc.

IMG_3778.JPG

My palettes that I love very much, some eye primers over there

IMG_3768.JPG

My blushes and highlighters, I love you too

IMG_3781.JPG

Brushes, ignore the mess! They're just there on top of my dresser

IMG_3771.JPG

I see someone loves cookie monster! Smiley Very Happy

I love how you made use of that plastic Starbucks cup too! My brushes are in random glasses as well

• I have MANY , MANY, MANY CABOODLES...some metal, some plastic, some small,some medium, some large and in every style dating back to 1984-ish..but I have NO CLEAR ones ( just to be safe and so no sunlight or light of any kind is let in to ruin my products, especially my PERFUMES ( I am a PERFUME ADDICT ! )

Right now all of mine is in a 5 drawer rubbermaid container, that is starting to overflow. 

As cliche as it is, I'm going to go to IKEA and get the Alex 9 drawers when I get my tax money back. I've been holding off as I travel a lot for work and most of my stuff is in a Storage shed (except my makeup which I keep at my parent's house). So I decided to just go for it so at least it will be organized while at their house! Smiley Very Happy

(0) Hearts

This is awesome! I was thinking of getting things to do this too! Thank you!

New discovery -- MUJI acrylic! Awesome gorgeous products, and I am getting a whole bunch to make a sort of system for myself...will keep you guys posted Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

I also have these and I LOVE them. They're amazing! Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

@Onomotopoeia- I just discovered the MUJI acrylic containers myself; can't wait to hear how yours work out!  Smiley Happy -Laura

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • photo-72.jpg
  • photo-74.jpg
  • spin case.jpg
  • case.jpg
  • swfupload_6827314285299187821.png
  • image.jpg
  • IMG_3778.JPG
  • IMG_3768.JPG