veevali

How do you organize your lipsticks/lip products?

I've been getting more into lip products and lipstick specifically recently and I was wondering how everyone stores their lipsticks? Do you like doing it by brand  or by color? I kinda love seeing all of the same brand sitting together, but I feel like it's starting to make more sense if I sort by color. Right now they are just kinda thrown into my muji drawers by "type of lip product" but I need some inspiration!

Also, all the minis from the give me lip and give me more lip are making it very very difficult to organize...

dolceloure

Re: How do you organize your lipsticks/lip products?

(0) Hearts

I have two sets of mini drawers from Walmart that I use for all of my makeup. Lip products occupy 4 of the drawers (1 drawer for lipsticks and pencils, 3 for glosses), and frankly they're getting out of control!! :smileysad: 

jazmine02

(0) Hearts

This acrylic drawers are soooo pretty, i want something similar for my collection. Where did you purchase them :smileyhappy:

jennjenn123

(0) Hearts

Not organized at all. :smileysad: I feel like at any five time 20% of them are scattered throughout various purses and clutches.  Up until about four years ago I organized lip products by type then alphabetically by name. 

mimibel

(0) Hearts

This is me too! I need to do it again, I'm driving myself crazy with hunting them! 

facesbyjes

(0) Hearts

I usually organize my lipsticks and lipglosses by brand!  Clear makeup bags are great, keep everything in one place and you can see everything!

swfupload_5045580476261672885.jpg

midnightangel

(0) Hearts

Hmm...I don't usually wear lipstick, but the few that I have are in the bottom compartment of my Caboodles box with my lipglosses. 

I also have a little acrylic organizer that holds my makeup brushes, trimming scissors, tweezers, nail clippers, etc. and it has little boxes in the front where I keep a few lip balms.

I also have several lip balms & glosses in my purse and a few in my locker at work.

So yeah it's kind of all over the place. :smileylol:

Meg82

(0) Hearts

Right now the top drawer of my makeup organizer just has lipsticks tossed in willy-nilly.  I need a system, but I have so many different brands and shades it's hard to conceive of something that will fit all of them and also fit into the part of my bathroom that I have carved out as makeup land.  I'm vaguely considering getting some kind of drawer organizer and putting them in there with different brands or maybe colors going into each section.  At least they they'd be a little organized.  I'm hoping this thread has some good ideas.

aviscardi

Screen Shot 2013-10-14 at 10.52.05 AM.png

I love lipstick organizers. I took my pic from IG. my top drawer is mostly high end. I like to keep my mac ones together. I keep smaller glosses in the square container on the bottom of the top pic. and then smaller glosses or misc and occ in the pink cup.. Bottom pic is mostly drugstore, with my chubby sticks in the back, and my lip balms like revlon & maybelline on the right. I still have some space left

JenBlush

(0) Hearts

I love it! I need one too!

jellybean917

(0) Hearts

This is beautiful! I like those acrylic containers for lipsticks as well. My collection is not nearly as large as yours though!

aviscardi

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

thanks, you can always just reduce it to one drawer. or even one organizer depending on how many you have. I never use to like lip products. though i was a gloss in the tube collector in HS lol. i have no idea why. and now its my favorite thing to buy. I had to expand it to 2 lol

janinebt

I have little to no system what so ever when it comes to organizing my lipsticks, it's actually pretty sad. I just have a shallow dish that they all live in. I must admit hunting for the perfect color is a big pain, but it works for now.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
girlystuff63

I used to have two baskets, one for lipsticks and one for glosses. This weekend I got this organizer from Amazon and now I only use the baskets for old, cheap leftovers. I love the new system but have yet to really use it so I'm not sure yet how practical and usable it is. image.jpg

mimibel

(0) Hearts

I really need one of these, I'm going to look now! 

thesupergirl

(0) Hearts

I like that it looks so organize!

prettyinpa

[ Edited ]

I organize my pencils in a silverware drawer organizer, it's a narrow tray that has a ridge on one side so you can link multiples together. 

For lipsticks, I have a Bobbi Brown train case with the lipstick insert- it holds a ton of lipsticks and I can put them with their labels facing up and organize by color or color and brand in the rows. Currently I have all my MAC lipsticks in there and just have the ones in the current rotation in a silverware tray. 

For minis I use this dried flower thing, it's made of glass, shaped like the top of a mushroom and has small holes in it, I just stick the mini pencils and lipcolors in the holes and I can see the colors right away.

GGrace

(0) Hearts

I have two little baskets, I lay all the lipsticks down in one and the lip glosses in the other

tashalicious

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

i just separate the glosses from the lipsticks.

malday

All of my lipsticks are in a small basket randomly with the labels facing up. I know what each color is by name so it's an ok method. I really need a better method though, so I hope I can get some good ideas from this thread! All my lipglosses are in a separate box and lip liners are with the lipsticks.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 13 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • malday
    • aviscardi
    • janinebt
    • dolceloure
    • veevali