How did you start wearing make-up?

JChristina19

How did you start wearing make-up?

[ Edited ]

I am always curious to how people start wearing make-up and what influenced them to get into all of this beauty craziness. I, for one, wore make-up when I was 12, about 4 years ago. I wore it to my grade 8 grad. And I never really stopped since. I dealt with a bit of self-esteem issues and I used make-up to cover myself up (literally!). But now I feel better about myself and I just experiment and pamper myself with make-up. And just this year...I joined the Sephora family. What's your story? :smileyhappy:

aparrish

Re: How did you start wearing make-up?

[ Edited ]

I hear you on that. I don't think I had/have PPD, but earlier this year I hit a low with my post-baby appearance, and my renewed obsession with beauty products has both helped my self-esteem and given me an outlet. Probably an element of retail therapy in there, too. :smileyhappy:

JChristina19

(0) Hearts

Reatil therapy is my therapy. :smileyhappy: I will be super upset if I don't purchase a thing after 3 hours in the mall! 

JChristina19

Oh my...I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you've seeked help for your depression. I've dealt with it a bit too over the past 2 years, but now make-up has made me happier becasue it what I love and I'm sure art will help you conquer your depression. <3

BlushHoarder

Thank you for saying that :smileyhappy:. Yes the depression is better. It is so funny how I spent the first three decades of my life without makeup. Now I can't seem to get through a day without looking at/applying/reading about/ or buying it.

JChristina19

(0) Hearts

Exactly! That's also my life right there! :smileytongue:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 88 replies
  • 70 hearts
  • 39 in conversation
    • sephoralovex
    • spoiledbrat