kimmi1115

How Often Do You Go Without Makeup?

An ultimate beauty confession: how often do you not wear makeup?  I was watching a high school reality show with Lanndan (I think it was called Principal's Office), and the girls on there had makeup layered and layered on.  They were late to school because they were doing their makeup!!!  Some of them wore more makeup than certain celebs!!!  What the crap?! 

Anyway, I took this picture a couple of days afterwards and posted my thoughts about the above to Instagram.  I go without makeup at least a couple of times a week, especially when school starts back up lol.  I'm sometimes just too tired to fool with on school days.  I would rather sleep in or take more time to wake up than put makeup on.  Here's me without my light mask on lol.  No face makeup, eye makeup, mascara, or lip stick.  I did comb my eyebrows to make sure they stay in place, though lol.

no makeup.jpg

glamournut

Re: How Often Do You Go Without Makeup?

Cool topic! I try to go without make-up but if I am leaving the house I slap on tinted moisterizer, a little concealer on my problem spots (I have some patchy red areas!), a little bronzer, mascara and some lip balm/gloss. I look pretty much the same with make-up on as without, but having a little on makes me feel more confident while I am out and about! :smileyhappy:

bijouxkristyna

Never, unless I am sick in bed, or at home all day doing chores.  If I am going out of the house, I at least have on a lip balm, and concealor under my eyes. Skin care is everyday unless I am dreadfully ill.

ChicDabbler

You mean how often do I go WITH make up. Usually I go without.

~2-3 days of the week, I will do light make up (curled lashes + tinted lip balm or gloss), or actual make up (eyeshadow, mascara, TM, tinted lip balm, powder).

I do wear perfume on most days.

saturnwings

I'm the same as beautytester - most days are sans makeup days for me.  

- If I've got the time, energy, and patience, I will do my eyes,  the intricacies of which depends on my mood.  Most times, [coloured] liner and mascara are it.  Lash curling and shadow is added if I'm up for it, but since I almost always do a variation on a smokey eye (whether "natural" or darker shades), it takes me a good 10-15 minutes to get that part exactly how I want it and that's not something I'm always up for doing.

- A "full face" is almost always reserved for special ocassions (to be defined as according to my mood).  The whole foundation, powder, etc. thing makes me tired just thinking about it, which is odd since everything takes up maybe five minutes without the eye makeup part.

I always have a variety of lip products in my purse, so I always have something on my lips, more because a lot of lip balms now come with a tint and I need lip balm to get through the day.  As my lips dry out constantly, I've sort just combined a necessity with a way to make me look not like death warmed over, which I always do first thing in the morning.

ssmittys

If I am leaving the house, I put on makeup. I used to be really bad and always have a FULL face on all the time ... I have gotten better to wear less for things like running errands. My quick face is bb cream, luminizer, bronzer, mascara and gloss.

antoine0000

Europeans & Americans on MAKE UP :

(0) Hearts

Hello :

I've noticed a difference betweeen American and European men.

While Americans may not mind a lady with no or little make up, the European men will insist on it.  I , as a Frenchman do prefer ladies well made up.

So the natural look is for over 60+ and make up starts at 20 or so ... and WE LIKE TO SEE IT but not too much !

Antonie ( From a Frenchman's observations of Women ) !

sephoramusthave

Re: Europeans & Americans on MAKE UP :

I dont think that European men "insist" that their women wear makeup. I am 100% European, born/raised (I came to USA when I was 8) and my parents are both 100% European, born and raised. I've lived in several different countries around Europe, and I find that Americans (by far!) wear a lot more makeup than Europeans. Europeans dont have as many credit cards as we do here, and their pay checks arent *nearly* as big as the working class here has. Even the people that make minimum wage here, have a LOT more money than most Europeans, and that goes for all the countries in Europe. A lot of European women go without makeup. Its more of a luxury over there. Unless they work in an enviroment where they are required to wear makeup, they dont. I've met Professors and Doctors over there that dont wear makeup, and they make decent pay. I cant speak for France because I've only been to the airport in Paris *once* but I dont remember seeing women in lots of makeup. I also remember being kind of surprised that I didnt see as many red lips...I've always heard that French women are known for wearing a good red lip. I also politely disagree that the natural look is for 60+ women. I am 23 (about to turn 24 this week) and I dont have that many "flaws" to cover up so I can get away looking and feeling pretty with the bare minimum. But a older woman who has lines, wrinkles, sun spots/age spots, dark circles, puffy eyes usually needs to wear a lot more than a 20+ woman to look her best. Now, I'm not saying that 60+ women all have skin issues and that they need to wear makeup, I just disagree that a 20+ woman *has* to wear a full face on everyday and that the natural look is only reserved for the 60+.

antoine0000

(0) Hearts

Every day, I am a man !

ANTOINE

queenofcouture

I make sure I go makeup free at least one day a week. When my skin has breakouts I'd wear foundation everyday but when I have clearer skin, I'll just do concealer and a light dusting of powder. :smileyhappy: But mascara is an absolute must for me! It does wonders! :smileyvery-happy:

As for full face, I hardly ever do it unless I am hardworking haha!

dolceloure

During the school year, I'd wear light makeup 5 days a week, mainly b/c I teach, not so much for the classes I take (I'm a grad student). And then I teach fitness classes in the evening, so I like to wipe my makeup off before I start sweating. And maybe I'll throw some on during the weekend if I'm going out with friends, but half the time I'd forget.

During the summer, I tend to stay in a lot more and don't bother with makeup just to run errands/go shopping. However, for the past couple of months I've had AWFUL acne (*tear* :smileysad:  ) and won't leave the house without concealer and a heavy-coverage foundation. Bums me out b/c I'm not really big on so much coverage. I always wore just a little bit of Some Kinda Gorgeous (pretty sheer) and was good to go. So...yeah. At the moment -- can't go without makeup, but typically, I can go a couple days a week without it.  

anaa

I have never gone to work without makeup, the change is just too dramatic.  I put makeup on for going shopping or running errands too.  I only go without if I am going to the beach or exercising.

fran11

I wear makeup 5 days a week for work and it comes off pretty much as soon as I walk in the door! Thelevel of makeup I wear on the weekends depends on what I am doing... If I am doing stuff around the house or doing some quick errands I will skip the makeup. However, since I work in an office and keep my makeup looks very neutral during the week, i sometimes use the weekends to do some more "daring" or bold looks and have a lot of fun doing so!   I also go makeup free to the gym...I keep makeup wipes in my gym bag for the days I go straight from work.  I do not understand how some ladies workout with full faces of makeup! Sweating off makeup is so uncomfortable and is not flattering on anyone! ;-)

Sensualsusanna

Almost daily.  I have good skin (good routine and genetically blessed).   I only use makeup when i know I'll be photographed or when I'm going out on a special occasion.  Otherwise I'm a lip balm and SS girl.

projulie

Hi,

I love this. Even as a makeup artist, I find myself not wearing makeup if I don't need to. I would say I go without wearing makeup most of the time when I am not working. As i'm getting older, I find myself wearing less makeup ... it's not often will you find me in a smokey eye anymore.

It's nice to let my skin breathe sometimes ... especially during the summer when it's really hot! I'm not a fan of melting makeup and it feeling heavy. :smileyhappy:

Have a beautiful day everyone!

MacHora

It really depends on my mood that day. Sometime I feel like breaking out my Sephora bag and sometimes it's all I can do to reach for some lip gloss to feel presentable :smileyhappy:

kimmi1115

I think it is AWESOME how we go without makeup quite often even though we're fans of Sephora and whatnot!!!  I think the girls on that show I watched could learn a thing or two from reading this.

waterbaby1981

I go without makeup pretty often, actually (moreso while pregnant, I've found.)    I wore makeup nearly 24/7 in high school, even though it was fairly subtle and natural.  In college, I only wore a bit of makeup when I went to work.  I'm blessed enough to have pretty clear skin, so usually if I dont wear a lot of makeup, the minimum I'll wear if I feel like it is sunscreen, tinted moisturizer and lip gloss.  The last few days here in the Pacific Northwest it's been 100 degree days, so I've pretty much stayed inside due to severe sciatic pain and enjoyed the a/c.

janinebt

Excellent topic! Back when I was more actively working as a makeup artist I was done up 5 days a week in full foundation, eyeshadow, lipstick, the works! Although I felt super glam, it certainly got to be a bit much...especially when my face was a completely different color from the rest of my skintone as a result of my bare face not getting enough sun o.o.

Now I typically wear makeup 3-4 times a week. When I'm running errands or lounging around the house all I'll use (aside from my skincare products) is some rosebud salve. It's so nice to let my skin breathe every once in a while.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
prettyinpa

Anywhere from 7 days in a week to 0, depending on my work schedule. My skin is good enough to go without makeup most of the time (thank you getting older!) so I only wear makeup for work and going out to a really good dinner. A trip to the local ice cream shop or semi-fast food place doesn't count. lol Some weeks I work everyday and other weeks I can work from home, so it varies drastically. I used to put on makeup as a fun thing to do around the house, but now I let my skin breathe on days I don't need to look polished.
viviene23

I try to put at least a little bit of color on my face before I step out of the door or I end up looking ghostly and washed up! I had the earliest class last semester so I ended up either scrambling to put some mascara and lipstick on the road (funny coz when i'm stopped @ red light...I see women do this a lot lol) or go to my first class looking like I just woke up. I make sure i'm all dolled up though when i'm shopping because I tend to get better service that way...

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 121 hearts
  • 24 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • ssmittys
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • anaa
    • glamournut