Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

How I did my make-up in High School!

inspired by a recent YouTube tag I thought I'd start a thread here. 

My go to look was electric blue liner and mascara from collection 2000 with  Avon iced champink eyeshadow dust and the same colour lipstick. I thought I was the bomb! Sadly no photos handy to share, if I can find one I'll upload but I hated having my pics taken 

These days  youngsters have such better access along with tutorials that they can learn from off if YouTube. My 12 year old can do a fab contour and even perfect winged eyeliner! 

What was your go to look?  please share a photo too if you have one! 

take care X 

Re: How I did my make-up in High School!

I definitely see that brown in your lipstick! I like the big hair there though... The brows I'm a bit envious of! 😉

Almost no one wore makeup in Korean high schools as far as i remember. I certainly didn't; at the time I was a proper nerd with zero interest in beauty.

Spoiler

I think I started putting things on my face midway through my last year of university? It started when a few classmates and I went to a Chanel counter for graduation pics makeup. The deal was that we would get a makeover with a $60ish(?) purchase. I remember getting their base and eyebrow powder kit. The base was great, the eyebrow kit not really.

I wore both anyway during my years of working, along with powder foundation and black eyeliner. I think I also wore tinted lip balms and sheer lipsticks.. i am not sure. I didn't wear mascara because i would get smudgy eyes the few times i tried. I didn't know about waterproof mascaras and lash curlers back then.

I did that for about 8 years, until the discovery of Sephora and BT two years ago. That generated an explosion of everything beauty and now I am an addict who owns a thousand things. Oh how times change. 

I decuded to to go to dollar tree and do my makeup how I used to! Hair too! Oh how good I used to think I looked lol. 

image.jpeg

@CheerMomma lookin good!!!  😉 we must be from the same era because this is how I remember my hair, makeup and jewelery!  plus big plastic earrings.  I haven't been able to find any photos to post tho 😞

That is fantastic! I had a lipstick that looked exactly like that. It was swirly pink and pretty sticky and probably smelled like bubblegum.

hahah! That pink was my favorite lipstick color.

It was Dior but I can't remember the name. 

We also have the same hair color. Dirty blond! 

i love it ! bahaha. maybe i'll try to re-create my high school face tomorrow too hahahaha

This is so endearing and cute! 

I'm having a serious '80's flashback!  This is awesome!

I've always loved playing dress up and played with makeup every chance I could. However i was not allowed to wear makeup until I was a sophomore in high school and started cheerleading. Mom dropped me off at a lancome counter with $100 and told me to find foundation and eye shadow.  I picked out an eye shadow duo with a yellow gold and a frosty purple and a light coverage foundation. I used the rest to buy a couple lip colors, some shimmery loose setting powder and mascara at Walmart. 

caitlincheer.jpgBy my senior year I had horrible acne and neurotically covered it with a thick spackle of foundation anytime a camera would be around.  I could never get lipstick to look right and only wore gloss (jucytubes)  or carmex. Occasional I wore eyeliner and shadow but did not understand the concept of blending, I was under the impression that those little applicators that came with eyeshadow were the only eye tools needed. 

highschool.jpg

You look so fresh and pretty 😄 You had really long blond hair, wow ❤️

You look great in these photos, though! 🙂

Oh gosh I'd have to find a pic! This is a fun thread. I literally only wore black liner on my upper and lower waterline and that was that. I didn't know about anything else lol. Also in college I wore some mascara and that was me living in the edge hahaha....heck after college I started wearing a bit of blush...so I was completely out of it in terms of makeup and all! I got into makeup at the end of 2013.. I was into the Au naturale look prior haha ..oh and can't forget the lipgloss I wore in high school and that's when I felt my best lmao my skin used to be great though so I had that. After having my son, it hasn't been the best really! even for grad in 06 I wore very minimal makeup and that too didn't like it because I guess I never understood how to apply it at the time and also didn't know what eyeshadow primer was so my eye makeup wasn't the best 😄

Anonymous Insider

I was the exact same @jesscheems! I wore only black eyeliner on my upper and lower waterline. I knew nothing about foundation, primer, or any extra eyemakeup. I thought it made my face look more awake, but looking back at old pictures, wearing just eyeliner looked so boring on me! If I ever did put eyeshadow for special events, I would only put one color with no transition colors or blends. I was a mess! haha 😄

@Anonymous same! I felt I looked awake and much prettier with my black liner. I used Bonne Bell liners in Black ink for years lmao I didn't know about any other makeup and I didn't want to have it any other way I suppose. Oh and I loved to accessorize and still do haha20160914_175419-1.jpg

I didn't start wearing makeup until my senior year of highschool (2011 and  towards the end at that) and only wore eyeshadow, lipgloss, liner, and mascara at the time. I didn't even know what a foundation was at the time! 

241339_2074673264923_5231225_o.jpg

Love your dress! You look beautiful.

I wore this same style of dress in red sequins at my Sweet 16.

What a cutie!  🙂

so pretty!

HS 2000-04

I wish i could say i remembered exactly lol but heres what i can recall as i don't remember wearing much/ if any makeup in HS. I remember having CG powders always, either the loose one that had the puff and was heavily perfumed or the clean blue pressed powder compact. I always had those VS or BBW squeeze tube glosses, i remember collecting them. And i also had a loreal true match liquid makeup for "special events" and a mini of SB photofinish primer (tho im not sure at what point that was, i just remember having it and not liking the texture). When i was 17 i got one of those Q kits for bareminerals with the fdn, well rested a buxom gloss and maybe  a blush. I dont remember wearing any of this on a daily basis tho. And mascara was always maybelline, i tried a bunch - liked full & soft bc i was obsessed with Sarah Michelle Gellar at the time. lol

Im pretty sure i didn't start wearing makeup really until i entered college and probably not until my 2nd yr. I could fit all of my makeup into one little pouch. Anyone remember those loose loreal powders that had the brush attached to the cap haha. I had 2 arbonne e/s and a blush that my aunt gave me, dont think i had any brushes but used whatever came with them. 

I did the L'Oreal true match, too. We graduated the same time:)

Conversation Stats
Photos20
  • shaved2.jpg
  • upload_5870576752338090975.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2016-09-11 at 12.19.07 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2016-09-11 at 12.19.31 PM.png
  • prom7-edited.jpeg
  • HIGHSCHOOLMAKEUP.jpg
  • 241339_2074673264923_5231225_o.jpg
  • caitlincheer.jpg
  • highschool.jpg
  • image.jpeg