Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

How I did my make-up in High School!

inspired by a recent YouTube tag I thought I'd start a thread here. 

My go to look was electric blue liner and mascara from collection 2000 with  Avon iced champink eyeshadow dust and the same colour lipstick. I thought I was the bomb! Sadly no photos handy to share, if I can find one I'll upload but I hated having my pics taken 

These days  youngsters have such better access along with tutorials that they can learn from off if YouTube. My 12 year old can do a fab contour and even perfect winged eyeliner! 

What was your go to look?  please share a photo too if you have one! 

take care X 

Re: How I did my make-up in High School!

In highschool, I wore only the following: Covergirl concealer on my blemishes, white eyeliner under my eyebrows, mascara, and a Revlon Colorstay lipstain in Smitten (I went out and bought a fresh one a year or so ago for nostalgia's sake).

highschool.jpg

Fun little extra: in college, I buzzed and bleached my hair and stopped wearing makeup entirely. 

11113579_10205559103608878_2197554305301792947_n.jpg

You look pretty both ways.  That buzzed cut is so cool. Lucky!  

I could never shave my hair and look pretty like you.  When they cut off all my hair (above the ears) in the Navy I cried! Took forever to grow back, too. Like 3 years. lol

Love "shaved" head, @AllysonJo ! You have such a perfect face for it, too! 🙂 You remind me of my friend who used to wear this "do" for years... You two totally look alike, it's so freaky! But, she used to dye her hair black. And, no makeup. Ever.

Thanks @lyravega! I've been growing it out for nine months now and even though it's great not having to re-buzz every week, I still miss how "cool" my hair made my look.

But to my relief, I haven't had any recent unwarranted comments about my hair style (ie. "Do you have cancer?" or "I liked your hair better before." or "Why would you do that to yourself? You're so pretty."). Nor have I had my head rubbed by a total stranger in quite some time. 🙂

Also spoiling a shot of how I usually kept my hair, super neat and dark. That's too funny that I have a doppelganger in your friend! 

Spoiler
987_10207432243596207_3821737477718944238_n.jpg

doppelgänger !!!!!

Spoiler
shaved.jpg
shaved2.jpg

Looove it, @AllysonJo ! And, oh my - yes, yes! That's her! Spooky.... 😛

I've always been so jelly of girls who can rock this do. I've been lusting over it forever. But, alas, my skull is pretty alien like ( 😄 ) and no bueno for such short cuts. I had a lot of short dos, though ( short hair rulz! ), just not this ultra short. Bit longer. I wish I could find some phots. Le sigh...

Ugh, people can be such jerks. How is it any of your business?! Either compliment a gal, or keep your pie hole shut! Simple. I got tons of similar crap back in the day, too... Make you really love people, huh? 😄

@AllysonJo kick a** ! i went through a shaved head, makeupless phase too. though it was a little bit after college....

Thanks @jemly! Even though my hair is finally full, curly, and healthy I'm still aching for that blonde buzz. 

I had my first job at 14. I used to buy whatever I wanted with my money so I had the best things without ever asking my parents for money.  Financial freedom! 

I still didn't wear that much make-up and everything I had was in natural colors. Mostly pinks/mauve/nudes. I loved clothes, handbags, spa products and perfumes more just like today. 

But, on Friday nights before the football games our cheerleading coach used to single me out and intensified the standard cheer make-up.  Lots of blue eyeshadow, black eyeliner, tons of mascara, dark pink blush and red lipstick!  

I still remember her telling me.  'You need more make-up!'  I hated it. 

I will add my fave teen products (just like today) were powder, blush and lipliner!  Love lipliner!

I remember Claudia Schiffer, Kate Moss and Pam Anderson (hair only) were my inspo. 

They just never leave women alone? If we more makeup=bad, less makeup=also bad!

-_-

That was only while in my cheer or dance costumes.  Stage make-up. 

But, yea, I know some women get the.....do your hair.....do your  face....thing a lot from other people. I would be annoyed, too.

I get the......why are you always dressed in black?  

Because,I phukin like black!!!! hahahahah!

You know me for years.  Stop asking! 

you are right.  What is to people????

Or, people that always ask how much something cost.  This annoys me, too!

What is it to you?  Did you pay for it?

Yea, I am snarky. ;')

Bah! To this day, I hate the phrase "you need more makeup".  I feel like it's very degrading but also objective. What one persons tons of makeup/neutral makeup varies from person to person. 

ha thats actually funny. I remember going out for an interview at the body shop for the makeup section. and the mgr told me that i needed to wear more makeup , because apparently natural light makeup wasn't enough in college lol. or was it during HS i dont recall

I used to love Body Shop!!!

I worked at a jewelry store once I turned 18 and they wanted us to wear their pieces. While at work we had to 'check-out' jewelry to wear around customers.  This was a lot of fun!

Umm... Yeah. At least I have some color on my lips here. 😄 ( Usually it was just a foundation or a concealer on my lips. Eye shadow smudged all around my eyes ( especially under eyes ). And all them play dead stuff, you know. ) I used to dye my naturally light blonde hair in different shades of red. And purple. And red purple. Most of the time. ( When I was not experimenting with all the other colors of the rainbow. ) And draw the heck outta my blonde brows with dark red/dark purple eye/lip pens. I could write a novel on my high school makeup and hair, and all the crazy crap I used to do... But, don't wanna scare y'all. 😉

( I'll probably delete these photos as I am very shy. ( More like creeped out by having my face on the Internet. But, you get the gist. 😉 ) I do not like showing my face on public forums. 😛 )

Yeah, sorry, folks! Pix deleted.

and, they are gone!  don't worry about it @lyravega

We understand! ;')

Hey, they were up for 24 hours! That's huge for me! 😉

Lucky me, bters are so understanding. 😉

You have such a pretty face! Wow

That's so nice of you to say... Thank you, @AmdSeph !

oh my god @lyravega has a face !!!!!!!!!! AND IT'S BEAUTIFUL !!! ( ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ )

Aww... Thank you, @jemly Jem! ❤️

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos20
  • shaved2.jpg
  • upload_5870576752338090975.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2016-09-11 at 12.19.07 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2016-09-11 at 12.19.31 PM.png
  • prom7-edited.jpeg
  • HIGHSCHOOLMAKEUP.jpg
  • 241339_2074673264923_5231225_o.jpg
  • caitlincheer.jpg