Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

How I did my make-up in High School!

inspired by a recent YouTube tag I thought I'd start a thread here. 

My go to look was electric blue liner and mascara from collection 2000 with  Avon iced champink eyeshadow dust and the same colour lipstick. I thought I was the bomb! Sadly no photos handy to share, if I can find one I'll upload but I hated having my pics taken 

These days  youngsters have such better access along with tutorials that they can learn from off if YouTube. My 12 year old can do a fab contour and even perfect winged eyeliner! 

What was your go to look?  please share a photo too if you have one! 

take care X 

Re: How I did my make-up in High School!

@lyravega I understand not wanting to put your face on a public forum (I'm the same way) but your pictures made me smile. You just look so teenager-y, plus I really like your lipstick! 🙂

Haha! Thanks, @JenniferOhJenny !

And I thought that hair color made me look so much older. ( I was not trying to look older, and actually hated that "effect". ) 😛

@lyravega,

I like your photos!  You are very pretty! Even as a teenager!  Not scary at all- Or at least not scary enough to scare us!    🙂

Thank you, @tsavorite , for your kind words!

You look like the cool high school girl that I was trying to look like! 

Haha, awesome! 😛 Thanks, @Haleyhale !

I wish I had photos to share!  

I wish I had more! But, back then I hated being photographed. Hmm... That haven't changed much to this day. Even now I will shy away from taking photos. But, looking back and remembering all the crazy fun stuff I did back then... Yeah, I hate to say it, but my mom was right ( 😄 )... I AM sorry now for not having more photos...

same here!  hahahah!  Pre-NJ.  Didn't like photos and still kinda don't.

My mom was the same!  You will regret not having photos. hahahaha!

Heh it's nice to put a face to your gorgeous lips :D.. I hope that doesn'tn't sound too creepy lol.

You were one very chic young lady! And at least in the pictures above, your brows match your hair perfectly. That must have taken some research and skills.

Not creepy at all. Thank you for your kind words, @TriesToBoClassy !

No research... Just free style and wild imagination. 😉

Gosh you're a total babe! Thanks for sharing. Me in high school was the total opposite, I never wore makeup except for very special occasions, and I have yet to dye my hair! 😄

Aww, shucks... You make me blush, @MK89 !

I started experimenting with makeup and hair stuff pretty late in high school. Didn't care for makeup or hair dyeing for the longest time. But, once I started... Yeah, there was no stopping me. 🙂

I don't dye my hair any more, and for a long time now. I really enjoy low maintenance for a change. 🙂

But @lyravega i HAVE to ask 😄 what is in your hair? It's kind of fabulous! You look beautiful in both of these pictures! And you can't scare me, I think we would have been a good tag team in high school.

I have to find some pics tomorrow, because this is so fun. I have a couple doozies:D And I'll delete them like you, I get creeped out having my whole face on the Internet.  

Thanks! Shhh... Those are my antennas showing, @pixiedust2 ! Don't tell anybody, but I really am a little green man from a galaxy far far away.... 😉 ( Constellation Lyra, home star Vega. )

Yes! Photos, please! And, then we can burn them together after! 😄 ( I totally get creeped out having my face on the Internet! Smiley Surprised )

@lyravega Hahaha your secret is safe with me. I'm still looking for some pics. Like you, I shunned pictures in high school, so I don't have a ton. Really wish I did now. I need proof of my crazy hair 😄

@pixiedust2 You have no idea how I regret not taking more photos back then... So many crazy, fantastic dos, makeup, styles... And no proof for any of it! Gah! What an eejit I was.... Oh well... I'll always have memories... 🙂

It's probably not visible in this proof pic, but I wore only some foundation and blue eyeshadow.

Sorry... pic deleted.

I saw that, @DiVWA ! You were, and still are, a stunner, lady!

Aww thank you, lyravega.

IMG_0022.jpg

Circa 1998

I remember being stuck to a certain color of Revlon brown lipstick and cover girl foundation but that's about where it end. 

Look at that hair...

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos20
  • shaved2.jpg
  • upload_5870576752338090975.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2016-09-11 at 12.19.07 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2016-09-11 at 12.19.31 PM.png
  • prom7-edited.jpeg
  • HIGHSCHOOLMAKEUP.jpg
  • 241339_2074673264923_5231225_o.jpg
  • caitlincheer.jpg