Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Hey BTers ~ WE ARE FAMOUS!!!

Back in December a journalist by the name of Alana Massey visited our community (some of you might remember this) and asked for community members to volunteer to be interviewed for an article she was writing about the role of community forums in the beauty world.

Well, today is the BIG DAY that her article was released on RACKED.COM!!!

Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 5.56.09 PM.png

I'm super excited by what she wrote and can not be happier by the way she portrayed our community. ENJOY OUR NEW FOUND FAME!!!!

Check it out - @Tamara76 @ZombieMetroAnt @angel7594 @KatieBT @alexasteph @pixiedust2 @tsavorite @Mcakes @veronika23

P.S. Everybody, tag more people that you think would enjoy reading this. Make sure to share the LOVE!!!

Re: Hey BTers ~ WE ARE FAMOUS!!!

I've been thinking about this article all day. It's a very nice piece, but I just really hope that the gauntlet wasn't thrown down from unwanted exposure (i.e. trolls). I know that when all that bad stuff was going on it was extremely hard on some fabulous members here and also others turned away from the community as well due to all the ugliness. I'm all for taking up the sword again if it starts up (I really hope not). I just wonder what Sephora's take is on the article. You also never know - we may get some great new people on here as well thanks to the article :). But I do love my little safe space bubble that we all have here 😇

Thanks for the tag! @willa25   I think the article was well-written and highlighted the most positive aspects of our community!  

I did think it was a well written article, but I did not like that she included links to specific threads. I understand using them as a supplement to the piece overall, but some people might not feel comfortable broadcasting what they wrote in some of the more sensitive ones. Yes, anyone can stumble upon this online, but it's a little different when they find it through another avenue. I'm not sure what the privacy issues are concerning something like that, but not all of us consented to being included in the article. The first one linked was one I started... Which is fine I don't care too much, but she really should have sent me a PM to make sure I was okay with it. It's just a common courtesy. 

https://media.tenor.co/images/c78cb89ba5bd49fefa772d2574b475d7/raw

This pretty much sums up my reaction.  I think the intentions were good.  However I hope it doesn't spark any new trolling issues.  @alexasteph you raise a good point about privacy.  Posts on BT are public but it's different when specific links are provided as they will likely draw attention that they may not otherwise. 

These things are tricky as there's no way to really please everyone.

Yes, I completely agree with you @alexasteph

Awwww, she mentioned the llamas! ❤️

That was cute!  @Beadshopgirl

IMG_0711.JPG

Omg guys they mentioned me in the article, not by name but still😳🙈

I'd love to read this article. Could someone send me a link? Thank you:)

@StephaniLynn pm'd you the link 🙂

@prti Thank you☺

Great and insightful article! Thanks to everyone for making this such a fun and informative space ❤️

I don't want to be famous 😄  I like the quiet! LOL

@veronika23 I like the article but I feel like we are being stalked :S

@prti  yeah I feel very exposed! 😄

I was thinking the same thing!  We have been outed! Me-no-like-y!!!!!  lol!!!

Me no likey either!!! (Omg I got my kids a furby for xmas and let's just say I talk like this in regular conversation more than I'd like to lol. It says that all the time...and farts...) 

i was reading an allure article and saw bt got outed there too, I think because of the Anastasia q&a, they even quoted one of us!

OMG!  The Allure article has a pic of @playingdressup from the highlight challenge and it posted a link.   I am sooooooo glad I didn't post full photos of myself.....  Yeah,  feeling a little exposed now, too....

Wow, I hope they got her permission otherwise that's 100% not ok to just pull a screenshot and post it on another website. If you post something to social media that has embeddable/shareable links then other sites can feasibly share your content by embedding your tweets or IG posts but straight up taking a screenshot is stealing content and not ok. (I work online creating content and we are never allowed to do this or to just right-click and save someone else's image.)

@Tamara76 This is why I am so afraid and will not post photos of myself here anymore. 

WOW! @Tamara76 I had the same thought! I certainly hope  they asked @playingdressup if they could take a screenshot of her photo and post it.....

14 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos5
  • Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 5.56.09 PM.png
  • cry llama.gif
  • llamanewgroove1.gif
  • IMG_0711.JPG
  • Untitled-1.jpg
testing