poemelyric

Got my Nordstrom card... (or what do you think of Burberry?)

I got my Nordstrom card online and I couldn't resist using it right away on makeup.  I've heard a lot of people rave about Nordstrom's and how much better they are than Sephora but I need details!  So far, they have the standard 3 free samples that don't look any different than Sephora's but their rewards program is a bit on the high side.  I think they said 2000 points puts you on the lower level.  But anyway, I bought a whole bunch of Burberry lipsticks and eye shadow palette as well as my standard 5 million Nars products that I've never purchased before because I didn't think the colors were right but Nordstrom's color charts seem to be better than Sephora's.  More true to color but I may be wrong.  I even picked up a MAC lippie.. But I've never tried Burberry before so I wanted to get the opinion of those who use it.  I picked up 3 of the Velvet Matte lipsticks and the Soft Satin lippie.  I also picked up the Beauty Complete Eye Palette.  While it is expensive, is it worth it?  And I was eyeing some Tom Ford's.  How is that?

DiVWA

Re: Got my Nordstrom card... (or what do you think of Burberry?)

(0) Hearts

Oh. Duh!

katie1724

[ Edited ]

I tried the Sage Green palette on at the counter and pre-ordered it for triple points, but I think the pink may be more wearable for me. I liked the green, but it's not a color I normally wear. I love it, though! I don't own any of the palettes except for the Summer Splash one in Midday Sun. :smileyhappy:

starletta8

I totally agree.  I also bought the Rose Pink and think it's more wearable for me:

Rose Pink

However, I love 3 of the 4 shades in the Sage Green and I've been wearing it more than I ever thought I would.  I purposely stretched myself, knowing I liked the formula and could make at least two of the four shades work.  It's the darkest green I'm still scratching my head over.

For as much as I love the eyeshadows, I'm meh over the nail polish.  Even at $20, it's nothing special.  I guess I'm just used to Tom Ford/Chanel/Dior....

katie1724

[ Edited ]

Pretty -- I'll have to follow your blog! :smileyhappy: Also, yes, I agree about the polish. I had Oxblood, but I swapped it. It was nice, but for $20, it wasn't any better than OPI or Essie. I do love TF, though (I only own Bitter B!tch!). :smileyhappy:

Have you tried any of the spring TF lip sheers (or whatever they're called)? I want to, but they're so expensive...ack. I do love that they brought back the white packaging (though I find that I can't carry any TF product in a makeup bag, because the gold trim always chips!). 

starletta8

Thanks!

Funny you asked that, I just got my hands on Paradiso less than an hour ago and I'm planning on playing with it all day tomorrow. I love the white packaging!

katie1724

(0) Hearts

I think I might swing by the counter today (I'm already cringing). I'll check them out! 

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I've been playing with my new Lancome Lip Lovers all day and they stain like mad, so I can't tell how sheer Paradiso is on my lips.  It was shockingly sheer on my hand though- sheerer than Rouge Coco Shines, if that helps.

katie1724

(0) Hearts

Well, I did some damage! They were sold out of a lot of the sheers, so I was going back and forth between Incorrigible and Firecracker. I gravitated toward Firecracker, but the SA sold me on Incorrigible. I'm sort of glad that he did, because I have too many orange reds that don't get a lot of use (conservative office environment, etc.). Incorrigible is not a subtle color, but I think pink may be easier to wear. If I can ever get my hands on Paradiso or Sweet Spot, I would love those, too! :smileyhappy:

starletta8

I got mine from Bloomingdales, and only ordered this past week.

I looked at Incorrigible, but since my only other TF lipstick is already a bright pink, I wanted to nab something different.  How's the finish on Incorrigible?  I was surprised that Paradiso has a somewhat matte finish.  It's lovely, but not what I was expecting.

katie1724

(0) Hearts

The finish has glitter! It's not overwhelming, but it definitely stays on your lips, even as the color starts to fade. It's pretty, but I probably wouldn't buy it again. I would love one of the more easily wearable, daily shades…but it looks like they're sold out everywhere! 

poemelyric

That's a cute palette!  One I ordered is back ordered (I believe it was Plum Pinks) and they are sending Desert Spice.  I'm starting to get back into matte lips and the ones on the website were so beautiful, I just made the jump.  I can't wait to see if they go on smoothly.  

Since it's my first time with Nordstrom's, I'm going to wait until my order arrives before I place another one but I have a couple of Tom Ford's in my cart.  They look amazing.  Can't wait to see if they are!  I don't mind price  as long as it's quality stuff.

starletta8

Pink Plum is a lovely palette. If I hadn't already bought Rose Pink and Rosewood, I would be looking seriously at it.  I'm thinking of getting the grey palette next, but my wallet needs a break for now (too many events coming up).  Desert Spice is a bit too dark for me, but it looks beautiful.

You won't be disappointed by Nordstrom's CS. For me, the worst part is waiting for items to arrive.

I never thought I'd love $51 (with tax) lipstick, but it's really all that. It does everything but open the car door for you. That said, I'd never buy something that expensive sight-unseen.  I had to go to a local NM to try the color.
I thought $27 Chanel polish was my limit, but give me a polish that will last a week and I'll gladly pay $32!  I haven't been disappointed by the line yet.

poemelyric

LOL!  I'm never disappointed with Chanel!  They are well worth it.  Quality counts!  Surprisingly, my order is coming faster than I expected.  I'm getting it tomorrow so I'm excited to see the palette.  I don't know if shipping is that fast usually but I was actually considering the Saturday expedited shipping...

delanegarcia

I have not tried Burberry but a lot of my Instagram Cohorts LOVE Burberry Products! They do look gorgeous! & Luxurious too Please do let me know how you like the items!

poemelyric

(0) Hearts

LOL!  I will!  I love the packaging!  Hope i'm not disappointed!

SailorStacy

I don't have a Nordstrom anywhere near where I live and I've only seen Burberry online and by what some beauties have said here but LOVE the Burberry line.  I've read some reviews here about it and they have all been positive.  The line looks gorgeous and I'm positively green with envy at your lippies.  Swatches please!! 

poemelyric

(0) Hearts

I will definitely be swatching them.  The colors on the website looks amazing.  I just hope they look that way in person!

DiVWA

I can't comment on the brands/products you got, but had to comment about Nordstrom's. I love them for their generous return policy. They're worth shopping at just for that. Really.

Regarding points, you may be surprised how quickly you accumulate them. Once you move up in point categories, there are more perks. I like the alterations you get free each year, plus if you get to the second highest category, the Christmas event is awesome.

poemelyric

(0) Hearts

When you accumulate points, do you start getting free expedited shipping like Sephora?  I really hate having to wait 6 days for my orders to arrive, LOL!  I'm spoiled.  

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 39 replies
  • 36 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • poemelyric
    • sangova
    • starletta8
    • pinklissamel
    • infinitise