starletta8

Gone But Not Forgotten: Favorite Products No Longer at Sephora

OK, here's a fun one! I did a search but didn't see a similar thread within the top 10 pages- if there's one, my apologies!

We all have those great "gone but not forgotten" products- whether it was discontinued, replaced, or Sephora just stopped carrying the line.  What are your Sephora favorites of yesteryear that you'd love to be able to buy in-store again?

I'll have to think about something a bit older, but I'm bummed that I didn't discover Tarina Tarantino before the brand was on its way out! Her eyeliners and eyeshadow palettes are among my favorites.

beautylovingirl

Re: Gone But Not Forgotten: Favorite Products No Longer at Sephora

(0) Hearts

@Titan06- Your very welcome I love finding things like that.  YAY!!!! I'm so excited for you!!

Titian06

@beautylovingirl - That's the color!  I never thought to look on the Too Faced website.  I just assumed it had been discontinued since Sephora stopped carrying it.  Thank you so much!!

poemelyric

Mine are:

Kat Von D's Adora Perfume...  as well as Saint Angeles rollerball

The Hard Candy makeup line

Bourjois... I used to love them when I lived abroad.  Seems like the only way to get it is to go back, LOL!

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Hard Candy!

Yes!  I still have some eyeshadow multiples at my parents' house.  They'd have words in the shadows...

beautylovingirl

@Titan06- I'm so excited I think I found it on Too Faced website but now they are calling it cougar. Check and let me know:smileyhappy:

janinebt

Ah! Good thread starletta8.

Soap & Glory's Night in Shinning Armor Evening Cream: This was my holy grail of night creams. It had the perfect texture, the right amount of hydration, and the packaging was just too dang cute.

FAB's Smooth Shave Cream: The smaller size is still available online and in stores but the larger bottle isn't :smileysad:. This is my all time favorite shaving cream it gives me the smoothest skin and I'm never left with irritations.

Miss Dior Cherie: I REALLY miss this perfume. It was one of my favorites and had the best playful, yet sophisticated, scent.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
lylysa

Definitley Fairy Drops Scandal Queen mascara, I was on a long hunt for a long wearing, curling mascara and finally found THE one and after my first tube, it gets discontinued. :smileysad:

I'm also sad that Bourjois is no longer carried in the US, let alone Sephora. I'm a fan of Cargo as well, but at least that's still available at Ulta. 

Urban Decay discontinued my favorite green, Vert, I snagged an extra before it disappeared though!

quenbee

Does anyone remember Sugar?   I still have their buki brush and it was so sad when they disappeared!!!!!  Their bronzers were great,  they smelled like candy!!!!! The lip glosses and shadows were nice too!  I really miss that line!

cefrd13

TheBalm Hot mamma! It is the perfect shade of blush for my fair skin. 

dianabt

AND Skyn Iceland.. the pure cloud cream was literally like a cloud on my face, the face wash didnt irritate me and the cooling eye gels (i'm hoarding a box at home yet) are SO helpful for puffy allegy prone lids!

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
dianabt

Fun post!

I miss a LOT of items!

Super by Perricone (luckily there is a store in Berkeley that is a whole boutique!)

Fusion (love the lip plumpers and highlighting pens

DuWop (the first makeup company I ever worked for- the buttercream frosting body lotion was AMAZING!)

and Lola- Not sure if anyone remembers this line but it was very vintagey-1920s and 30s inspired with cake mascara that was applied from a "brick" and brush, very bold red and pink lipsticks and shimmery face powder puffs. :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
starletta8

(0) Hearts

Oh, Lola! 

I have an eyeshadow that's at pan that I refuse to get rid of partially so I can periodically stalk all of those resale sites. It used to be my HG almost-sparkly nude.  I'd forgotten where I bought it originally!

kenny

Goodness, I forgot about Fusion (great plumpers, and I loved the mascara), and I forgot about Lola, they had had such pretty stuff!

ChicDabbler

Lola! Oh gosh, that was my first foray into make up. I didn't know what suits me so I brought one of their kit with a bazillion things in it. I still have it now, except it's been 7+ yrs and the eyeshadow swatches last about 5min on my arms before they disappear. But that kit is what started my obsession with orange eyeshadows and red lips. Oh nostalgia....

Titian06

@beautylovingirl - Yes, that's the color.

DTalksAll

~ TheBalm! MaryLou has been my highlighter for years. I've barely put a dent in it though, so I don't think I need to repurchase it anytime soon. 

~ They stopped carrying the PTR foaming cleanser that was my makeup remover/pre-wash cleanser. 

~ Anyone remember the Cake Beauty body frosting? Smelled sooo good & the whipped texture just melted right into the skin. 

~ I miss the Dior serum de rouge. I can get them at a cosmetic counter, but they are annoying & don't let you swatch & play. I don't want you to take off my makeup & put on a whole new face. I want to play! :smileywink: 

~ DDF Lip blam. It was in a sun safety kit years ago & I repurchased it multiple times

~ Benefit One Hot Minute (still sold at Ulta) 

~ bourjois cosmetics. I loved their lip glosses (now replaced by Nars) & their highlighter (now replaced by thebalm) 

~ Anna Sui nail polishes 

~ Chanel beauty on-line (can't remember if it was in store too) 

kenny

My Sephora (in Canada) still sells Cake products, but they also sold them before it was introduced online also

prettyinpa

Fairy Drops Scandal Queen Mascara. Luckily it is still available on Amazon, but it's inconvenient to have to shop there because it's not eligible for free shipping.

ashleynne

Hmmm I would say Skyn Iceland Icelandic Relief Eye Cream. It was one of their top selling eyecreamms and one day they just randomly stopped selling it? I had to buy it for my sister elsewhere. :/

Juicesnberriez

I do miss the Skyn Iceland products. Never got to try them at the time because I didn't have the funds. But I have sensitive skin and they would be perfect.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 32 replies
  • 53 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • prosopon
    • poemelyric