Finished Products and Hitting Pan

kimmi1115

Finished Products and Hitting Pan

Hitting pan and finishing a product feels like a major makeup accomplishment, especially when it is something that has been neglected for a while.  So, I figured why not have a thread where we can share this accomplishment.  Perhaps we can all inspire one another, and probably discover a new product or two to replace the finished one lol.

I am about to run out of a few items.

makeup 1.JPG

My Buxum Lash mascara is getting low, and my Mega Plush mascara has maybe a couple of uses left.  I wore the Mega Plush a lot this summer.  The Neutrogena concealer feels like it is getting low, but I gotta give it some credit for being a drug store product.  I bought it during the Spring semester, so it has lasted quite a while.  TheBalm BalmShelter TM, which I bought last summer, is almost at the end of its days. 

makeup 2.JPG

I've used my Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Frosting a lot this summer as well, and that is what remains of it.  The nub is what remains of my Sephora Retractable Waterproof Lip Liner in Nude.  I need to replace it ASAP!!  Although no where near finished, I have made a small dent in my Buxom lip gloss in April that came in a 500 point perk.

makeup 3.JPG

Another item that I need to replace ASAP: Victoria's Secret Pro Lip Scrub and Balm.  It has helped my lips out a lot since I bought it sometime in February.

violalea

Re: Finished Products and Hitting Pan

[ Edited ]

This is such an awesome thread so here are my almost finished and finished products:

IMG_3604.jpgMy 2 clinique and 1 MUFE eyeliners (they are my thumb size now, I have been using them the last 4 months :smileyhappy:)

IMG_3608.JPGMy Clinique lip liner ( only tiny bit left and I have been using it for a year)

IMG_3609.jpgShiseido moisturizer (1/4-1/5 left)

My Clinique free with purchase and I totally used up the cream and light pink colors.

Photo on 2013-03-10 at 21.02 #2.jpgIMG_3610.jpgClinique makeup brush cleanser

IMG_3611.jpgLancome makeup remover (done).

Last but not least my FINISHED SEPHORA GIFT CARDS :smileywink:  :smileywink: cause my boyfriend and friend know I love Sephora so here they are: (I have 3 more gift cards but I have NOT finished them so i dont wanna cheat and post them here :smileywink: :smileywink:) And my new hobby: collecting Sephora gift cards!!!!!!!! yay me !!!!!!!!!! :smileywink:      :smileywink:

Photo on 2013-03-11 at 00.03.jpg

There are a few more photos but their qualities are not great so I am not posting them: loose powder and blush from chanel, concealer tube and 2-3 more :smileyhappy:

sephoramusthave

Girl you are doing AWESOME!! *pats you on back* I love your pictures!

violalea

Thanks sephoramusthave,

So what I have learned from taking and posting photos tonight was using my photo booth from my apple making the photos in nice medium size, taking photos from my camera made them way too big.

I always love looking at you ladies photos and feel happy, so just thought should do the same thing for you girls :smileyhappy:

sephoramusthave

I love those Sephora giftcards! I get mine from Randalls, they always have the $50 ones, and they make perfect gifts for beauty lovers.

marinaanne147

I've only ever hit pan on two eyeshadows: the left side of the Anastasia Power Lunch duo and MAC Once Upon a Time (LE). Power Lunch is actually not one of my absolute favorite eyeshadows but it is SO incredibly soft that you end up using more product than you entend to when you use or swatch it. Once Upon A Time, on the other hand, is one of my favorites - it's a gorgeous champagne. I'm probably going to hit pan on MAC All That Glitters soon, which is my favorite. 

As for other products, I've finished a few lipglosses and mascaras as well.Photo on 3-9-13 at 10.36 PM #2.jpg

sephoramusthave

I love seeing everyone's hit pan items!

elnxio

I've hit pan on a few items but been buying other shades instead of replacing them..tho i've been aching for a sephora run real soon and I know ill replace my old time favorites

-Nars Orgasm (probably the 4th time I've hit pan)

-Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Dollfaced (really liked the color, but probably will buy in shade Exposed next)

-Dr G Gowoonsesang BB Cream

-UD's Eye potion (replaced it with NYX's eye primer, but frankly im going back to UD..)

veevali

A couple weeks ago I hit pan on my first makeup item ever! I just started getting into makeup about a year ago and I'm super excited. Also, today I'm venturing into becoming a poster on beautytalk instead of just a lurker, so I thought I would share <3photo.JPG

Laura Mercier Undercover Pot 

kimmi1115

Welcome to Beauty Talk, Veevali!!!!  :smileyhappy:

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

Kimmi---try the blistex deep renewal lipbalm. Its similar to fresh sugar, but wayyy better. And its like 2 bucks at any drugstore.

kimmi1115

Thanks for the info, sephoramusthave!!  I'll have to look into that.  Blistex has many options for lip balms.

sephoramusthave

swfupload_7171986140637187195.jpg

babybear04

Wow, I usually can't ever say I've hit the pan/finished a product becuase I'm a Sephora junkie and compulsively buy new products before I actually need them.

However, I've been a lot better about this lately because 1) I've actually found my favorite products of all time 2) I'm trying to cut back on my spending and 3) my skin is clearing up quite nicely, so the less I experiment with new products the better.

That being said, I'm finishing up some of my HG products:

1. GlamGlow Super Mud Clearing Treatment: Ugh, I'm so upset this is so expensive because I've been using it 'till the very last drop and need to replace ASAP just don't have the money right now.  But I can honestly say this is a miracle product for me and has done wonders for my skin!

2. Cover FX Total Cover Cream Foundation in P30: This is my all-time favorite foundation ever!  Covers EVERYTHING, looks natural on my skin, and most importantly it doesn't break me out! yay! I already have a replacement in my drawer waiting for me, but I'm waiting until this product is completely finished until opening up the new one.

3.  TheBalm May-Lou Manizer: I got this as a free sample in my Birchbox and have fallen in love!  It's so subtle and perfect for highlighting.  I actually use this in small doses everyday on my cupids bow, brow bone, inner corners of eyes, bridge of nose, and on the tops of my cheekbones.  I don't know if it's just my complexion, but this actually looks super natural, not like I've attempted highlighting by smearing glitter all over my face. Lol!

4. Josie Maran Argan Oil: I've actually finished my big bottle and this is just the travel trial size which I've almost finishd as well, but wow--I go through this stuff like water because it's that heavenly on my skin. This is the only, and I repeat ONLY moisturizer I can use that won't break me out and actually balances out my skin. If there is any product I can't live without, this is it! It's definitely time I get another bottle, and am considering getting the jumbo bottle for daily use and re-filling this little sucker for when I travel.

5. Mac PowerPoint Eye Pencil in Engraved: I used to be a huge MAC fan years ago (not so much since discovering Sephora) but I was on the hunt for the perfect eyeliner for my waterlines and everything seems to smear, irritate my eyes, or just not stick.  But to my surprise, I rediscovered this liner and it actually did everything I want it to!  It stays put, doesn't bother my sensitive eyes, and looks great!

picstitch.jpg

sephoramusthave

babybear04-----Thanks for posting pix! I always add other peoples holy grail items to my shopping list lol. I have TheBalm maryloumanizer as well, I've hit pan on one compact and have a backup as well. Its frusturating that I cant get Thebalm items in any stores any more...they used to be sold at my free standing Sephora, then TJmaxx/marshalls....and now I can just get it online. I have yet to try the Josie maran argan oil....I'm scared that it might break me out. My skin is clear right now, but it takes forever for it to go back to being clear once a new skincare/makeup item breaks me out.

babybear04

Sephoramusthave: I too was super worried about the Argan oil breaking me out--I have moderate acne and break out from what feels like most products.  But after researching argan oil for hours and hours I went with my gut and tried it and I'm so glad I did.  If anything, it actually HELPS my acne versus making it worse. It heals up blemishes in a matter of a day or two, doesn't clog my pores, and feels divine on my skin.  My skin just soaks it up!  I highly recommend you try it out, even if you just pick up a small sample!  I think you'll really like it! 

sephoramusthave

kimmi---Twins! I finished my fresh clear one awhile ago, but *still* have the rose one which is weird because I prefer the rose one because of the color...I find that the fresh lipbalms dont give me enough moisture when my lips are dry/chapped.

kimmi1115

Awesome!  I liked the Rose one, too, because of the tint.  I think the Rose Lip Balms are alright, but I get the same results from drugstore lip balms.  So, I don't think I'll be shelling out $22 bucks for a single one any time soon lol.  I think I'll venture into more Lip Butters or try the new Maybelline Color Whisper ones.  The Baby Lips have more tinted shades out, too.

kimmi1115

Yesterday, I finished the Fresh Sugar lip balm from the birthday gift.  I still have my Rose one left, though.

melissabt

I love seeing these pics! I just finished my 2nd bottle of the Origins White Tea Face wash and Josie Cleansing Oil. Like Mia, I just finished my Brizillian Peel too:/ Time to stock up!

<3 Melissa
ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Psudo project 10-pan! Ok ok, it took me 7 years to hit the pan on my first and only make up item/powder, so I will never ever be able to post on this thread if we are talking about make up. But if we are talking about skincare, well, I'm close to finishing 10 of them so I'm posting it!  >.<

2013-02-27 21.09.03.jpg- Sekkisei Kose: a more intense and less fragranced version of Boscia black. Don't worry, I already brought another one....and Tru Blue Spa dupe of it that is gentler.

- Caudalie cleansing water: great as make up remover, but not remover/cleanser/toner in one for me. Gonna try Koh Gen Do water next.

- L'occitane Sun Verbena facial spray: almost done, tho I think I like Caudalie better.

- Peter Thomas Roth SPF30: really liking it for winter, will use Josie Maran SPF40 next, but this is going in my good-book as the go-to winter day moisturizer.

- Philosophy Senorita Margarita: took me FOREVER to finish this, had it for like 5yrs already. I'm trying a L'occitane shampoo next.

- Origins Charcoal mask: excellent for the price, am trying Boots Botanic conditioning mask next.

- Dr. Gross Vit D serum/oil: meh, it's ok. I am using Algenist and Murad serum right now.

- NARS eye make up remover: not bad, still like Clinique better.

- Lancome Visionnaire serum: fragranced and shimmery and can flake depending on the moisturizer. meh.

- Clinique Even Better SPF20: gives me breakouts, so hand cream it is. Glad to be done with it.

*phew* I finished Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation and Origins Organic toner a while ago. My addiction is skincare, so I assume it's ok for me to post finished skincare here. o.o

violalea

How do you like the Seikisho mask? I have acne prone skin. Should I try it?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 232 replies
  • 394 hearts
  • 59 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • prosopon