Finished Products and Hitting Pan

kimmi1115

Finished Products and Hitting Pan

Hitting pan and finishing a product feels like a major makeup accomplishment, especially when it is something that has been neglected for a while.  So, I figured why not have a thread where we can share this accomplishment.  Perhaps we can all inspire one another, and probably discover a new product or two to replace the finished one lol.

I am about to run out of a few items.

makeup 1.JPG

My Buxum Lash mascara is getting low, and my Mega Plush mascara has maybe a couple of uses left.  I wore the Mega Plush a lot this summer.  The Neutrogena concealer feels like it is getting low, but I gotta give it some credit for being a drug store product.  I bought it during the Spring semester, so it has lasted quite a while.  TheBalm BalmShelter TM, which I bought last summer, is almost at the end of its days. 

makeup 2.JPG

I've used my Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Frosting a lot this summer as well, and that is what remains of it.  The nub is what remains of my Sephora Retractable Waterproof Lip Liner in Nude.  I need to replace it ASAP!!  Although no where near finished, I have made a small dent in my Buxom lip gloss in April that came in a 500 point perk.

makeup 3.JPG

Another item that I need to replace ASAP: Victoria's Secret Pro Lip Scrub and Balm.  It has helped my lips out a lot since I bought it sometime in February.

sephoramusthave

Re: Finished Products and Hitting Pan

Okay here are the products that I completely used up and tossed:

1. Rosebud Salve

2. Smiths Minted Rose Lipbalm

3. Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Mascara

4. Benefit Dallas (I also have a *major* dent in my backup one!)

And I'm almost out of my Buxom Lash Mascara mini.

cutiecocolove

(0) Hearts

HA! ive never finished any products. but when i purchased the rosebud lip slave ive finished 2!!! thats CARAZYYYYYYYYY. need to get more. but which one do u like the mint or the reg salve?

sephoramusthave

Oh I used up around half of my Bite Beauty Lipstick in Vouvray, and I hit major pan in my Lancome Dual Finish Powder Foundation in Matte Porcelaine I. I also used up every single sunscreen that I had. Boo.

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

I just used up and tossed my Buxom Lash Mascara mini in Blackest black.

And I've hit *major* pan in my TheBalm TimeBalm concealer in light. I would say I have less than half left. I've also hit major pan in my Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in RSVP (I went through 4 or 5 of these, my fave!)

kimmi1115

@sephoramusthave  I have to give you credit.  You're kind of an inspiration for me to focus a bit more on products that deserve it.  My Benefit Dandelion also has a dip in it.  I use it almost all of the time, no matter what the season is lol.

@miabt  My mom goes through the Sephora makeup remover as well.  She's on her third or fourth bottle I think.

I just tossed my mini Buxom Lash mascara. 

sephoramusthave

kimmi---Inspiration? Wow....now I feel kinda bad for stopping by Sephora today and getting 2 lipcolors when I have a full drawer...

Hehe.

kimmi1115

@sephoramusthave Lol, no worries.  I believe we are all guilty of that.  I added to my nail polish collection yesterday lol.

jxw200

@sephoramusthave you've always been an inspiration haha. you don't overdo, and you always manage to use things up! (even if it takes a while lol)

I'm impressed with everything all of you are finishing! I don't think I've finished a makeup product in my life. except maybe a rosebud salve years ago. 

I managed to finish a number of skincare and bath items this summer, though! I was super excited about that haha. And i have a ton more bath items that are so close to being finished. 

I also have two maybelline mascaras, one going on 4 months and the other close to 11... I should probably throw those out huh? It is just sad bc i wear mascara so infrequently that i feel like i didn't get get use out of them haha. Does that count as being finished? LOL

cutiecocolove

(0) Hearts

u should get sample sizes. those are great because lie u i dont wear mascara as much but still want to. so i always get the 100 point perks or the mini sized ones in kits. :smileyhappy:

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

I've finished my buxom lip gloss in dolly (mini)

It takes me awhile to put a good dent in my makeup, let alone finish it. But my skincare stash has gotten a LOT smaller lately...

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

@jxw200  that's great that you finished some of the bath and skincare items!  How many mascaras are in your stash?  It sounded like you really liked the Falsies mascara.

@midniterae  What shades did you hit pan on?  I use my Naked palette quite often, but I've not hit pan yet.  I think the first shades to hit pan will be among Sidecar, Virgin, Naked, and Buck.

midniterae

@Kimmi1115- The first shade I hit pan on was Sin, followed by Dark Horse. Next will be Hustle and Creep. 

jxw200

@kimmi, I can only finish bath/skincare cause my boyfriend helps. LOL. I think i have 2 other drugstore mascaras and a few sample sizes, so i should use those. falsies was good for me, and i think i can get another month or so out of that... But throwing out mascaras is sad haha.

dianabt

My Dior Bronzer is on its last hurrah.. Hit the pan a few months ago and now I use it SO SPARINGLY :smileysad: 

I also just ran out of my fave lipstick "sweetie" from a brand we don't sell here starts with the M word..

and am about to run out of my third Clinique Brush on Cream Liner! So sad, I've used 2 this year already and it's the only liner that stays put without getting in my contacts. I always feel sort of accomplished but sad, it's a bittersweet moment haha

Brush-On Cream Liner

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
katie1724

I also need to repurchase REN Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask -- it's the best! I have been meaning to buy it for ages. It's pricey, but since you don't really need that much, it lasts for a while.

I think I said this below, but I just finished a bottle of NARS Sheer Glow. It took me a year, so I don't mind spending the money on it (it's not as extravagant as some, but it's not inexpensive).

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

I used up my Maybelline the falsies mascara in very black and am just about out of my rimmel london stay matte powder in natural. I have backups of both though :smileyvery-happy:

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I finished my Buxom Big and Healthy Lipstick in Las Vegas today :smileysad: I even scratched out every last little bit with a lipbrush. Its one of the best lipsticks that I have so I will definately repurchase in this color and other colors! I still have a few days left of my no buy though *sigh* Its been awhile since I've completely finished a lipstick though, so I'm pretty stoked.

:smileyvery-happy:

I watched a few empties videos on youtube, and they are great! You get a bunch of feedback on different products at once. People save their empty beauty bottles and put them in a bag, and at the end of the month they share what they used up!

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

I've hit pan on my Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder in Natural, and I seem to be half way out of my Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I've been using this primer since Jan...every single day so I'm not surprised that I've made a good dent in it. Both products btw, are absolutely fabulous!

sephoramusthave

*bump*

I need to post pix of my hit pan items. I like the reassurance that I'm actually *using* the products I'm buying and not just throwing money down the drain.

katie1724

Yes -- I do, too! This is the current state of my NARS pressed powder in Snow (and my favorite NARS concealer (Chantilly)):

-1.jpg

Both are two of the things I go through consistently. Sadly, though, Snow is no more; NARS discontinued it. I think I have one or two left, though, because I stocked up!

midniterae

@Katie1724- How long does it take you to finish NARS pressed powder. Mine seems to last about 6-7 months or so. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 232 replies
  • 394 hearts
  • 59 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • prosopon