kimmi1115

Finished Products and Hitting Pan

Hitting pan and finishing a product feels like a major makeup accomplishment, especially when it is something that has been neglected for a while.  So, I figured why not have a thread where we can share this accomplishment.  Perhaps we can all inspire one another, and probably discover a new product or two to replace the finished one lol.

I am about to run out of a few items.

makeup 1.JPG

My Buxum Lash mascara is getting low, and my Mega Plush mascara has maybe a couple of uses left.  I wore the Mega Plush a lot this summer.  The Neutrogena concealer feels like it is getting low, but I gotta give it some credit for being a drug store product.  I bought it during the Spring semester, so it has lasted quite a while.  TheBalm BalmShelter TM, which I bought last summer, is almost at the end of its days. 

makeup 2.JPG

I've used my Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Frosting a lot this summer as well, and that is what remains of it.  The nub is what remains of my Sephora Retractable Waterproof Lip Liner in Nude.  I need to replace it ASAP!!  Although no where near finished, I have made a small dent in my Buxom lip gloss in April that came in a 500 point perk.

makeup 3.JPG

Another item that I need to replace ASAP: Victoria's Secret Pro Lip Scrub and Balm.  It has helped my lips out a lot since I bought it sometime in February.

beautytester

Re: Finished Products and Hitting Pan

2013-04-28 21.33.07.jpg

Origins A Perfect World toner/lotion

Juicy Beauty age defy moisturizer

Caudalie cleansing water

drrragon

[ Edited ]

FINALLY hit pan on my Laura Gellar Balance'n'Brighten baked powder foundation! WOooooooOOO!!!!  At first I couldn't believe my eyes, the packaging is really deceptive because the pan isn't as deep as it looks. Don't get me wrong, I really love this stuff and would repurchase, but not until they get a better shade range!  I'm normally light-medium, but for Laura Gellar I'm somewhere between "Porcelain" and "Fair".

quenbee

Wahoo!  I have her Brighten n Balance I got as part of a TSV from QVC.  And if there is SPF then the shading will be rearmed for some reason.  With her non-SPF foundation I am regular and with the SPF I am fair. I think she received many complaints when she changed the formula. I heard her say something on QVC show about the shades.  

Yesterday I hit pan on my Bobbi Brown Pot concealer and loose powder combo.  I decided the consistency was too creamy and didn't like the color on my skin anymore(it's too light now. i think i bought it before i had kids and ended up with the mask of pregnancy - which for me has never gone away.) I don't feel too bad, I bought it a while ago and she has since changed the packaging and probably formulation.  I chucked it in the trash. 

quenbee

Gotta love auto correct - SPF = shade coming out darker than expected for LG Balance and brighten.  Ok I think we're good!

starletta8

So excited to have lots of updates! It's been almost 3 weeks since I posted- and I've been using up stuff left and right- and doing a major product comparison (it'll become obvious).

Bath and Nail Stuff:

bathempty.jpg

Ulta Bath Smoothie 3 in 1 in Dragonfruit- 24oz! (This was a Christmastime purchase, so that's not bad. I'll repurchase once I use more of the bath products)

Boots London Naturals- Mango

Boots London Naturals- Almond (Love Boots!)

Zoya Remove Plus (8oz)

empties20130424.jpg

Full Size:

Shiseido Beneficiance WrinkleResist Eye Contour Cream- backup already purchased and in-use.

Shiseido Lip Water in Raspberry- cute

Samples:

2x Julep Rock Star Hand Cream- already purchased a full-size

1x store-made sample of Shiseido BioPerformance Serum

5x Assorted Serum samples

And after I took that picture, tonight I finished:

additional.jpg

Boots 4 in 1 Makeup Wipes- Need to purchase, will finish the Josie Maran wipes first

Deluxe sample of Shiseido BioPerformance Serum

Counter-made sample of Shiseido Beneficiance Softener (already own, needed to use this)

YAY!!

crayzeeRN

I keep seeing lots about Boots beauty products lately, which makes me want to try some! Any recomendations?

crayzeeRN

Thank you both for the recs! I see there's a US store online, so I'll probably try placing an order through them! Skin care addicts unite? :smileyhappy:

starletta8

Enabling unite! :smileywink:

I love all of my high-end splurges, but in the end it's the bargain wonders that have my heart since it's hard to create a truly amazing product at some of their price points!

Their freestanding stores in the UK are insane. It's like Sephora meets the pharmacy- overseas you can even pick up Chanel makeup and your prescription. 

sephoramusthave

I just used up my yes to blueberries face wipes :smileyvery-happy: The yes brand wipes are amazing, they get my face makeup completely OFF (I don't use on eyes because I don't want to rub/tug at delicate eye area). LOVE.

beautytester

Boots Botanic clay conditioning mask

Boots Botanic toner

Boots Protect & Perfect night serum/cream

Boots facial wipes

starletta8

I have a massive crush on Boots in general- but I fell in love when I studied in the UK. That said, there are a couple of products you can find here (Target/Ulta) that are worth checking out:

Skincare-

* I can't live without the 4 in 1 wipes (above). They're cheap and can battle even the most waterproof makeup with a gentle rub or two.

* I'm hugely in love with all of their sensitive skin products- they're as sensitive-friendly as most Clinique products (for example) but at drugstore prices. I keep the sensitive lotion ($3.49/8 oz!!) in a soap dispenser in my bathroom, for example.

Bath Stuff-

* If you can find the original bath foam, go for it! (I think it's been discontinued in the US though)

* The body washes are cheap but nice (< $7)

I wish they had the super awesome sensitive moisturizer over here- I'd consider abandoning my beloved Shiseido for it!  It literally does it all plus has major SPF for < $15.  I found it in Dubai and would've shipped myself a case had I known it was unavailable here.

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

origins2.jpg

sephoramusthave

*mumbles miserably*

I was getting ready to go to Origins for their earth day special (bring empty skincare container and get something free) but just realized that today is April 23, not April 22.

*bangs head against wall*

I have a origins bag with 2 empty origins items that I've been saving especially for earth day. Oh well. Now everything gets thrown in recycling can. >_<

beautytester

They are not doing it this year anyways. =/

They have if you buy a earth day item, they will plant a tree. If you buy $55+, you get a tote. If you buy $35+ from Plantscription, you get a free eye cream. And the normal $10 off $35 (I think? or $25) online.

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

Really? Awww. I just chatted on origins.com with a origins person a couple of days ago and she said that they are doing it :smileysad: Maybe it varies by location or something. Bummer.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Now I'm curious....because I do have empty jars....hmmm...

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

lylysa----Earth day was yesterday so its over :smileysad:

lylysa

Bahh, I never seem to catch promos, oh well...the Sephora CW hauls have me pretty held over until the next promo comes along! :smileytongue:

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

I'm almost out of my moisturizer, makeup wipes, pore strips and one of my cleansers.

Yep, doing good :smileyvery-happy:

I don't usually have problems with using up skincare items, its makeup that takes me forever! But that's a good thing, means I'm getting my moneys worth :smileyvery-happy:

catherineu2

Just finished my first tube of Origin's Clear Improvement Charcoal Mask (already bought another tube lol), Josie Maran's Bare Naked Wipes for nails (bought a new container already too lol), Rosebud Salve in a tube (won't be buying again since I discovered Jack Black's lip balm) and I'm also almost finished a deluxe sample of BareMineral's Mineral Veil (might buy if I decide I like it better than Tarte's Smooth Operator).

kimmi1115

Goodness, it has been a while since I've posted in this thread.  I may not remember everything I've finished lately, but here's what I do remember lol:

Maybelline Falsies Mascara

Deluxe sample of a LORAC lip gloss

UDPP (getting a replacement today lol)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 232 replies
  • 394 hearts
  • 59 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa