kimmi1115

Finished Products and Hitting Pan

Hitting pan and finishing a product feels like a major makeup accomplishment, especially when it is something that has been neglected for a while.  So, I figured why not have a thread where we can share this accomplishment.  Perhaps we can all inspire one another, and probably discover a new product or two to replace the finished one lol.

I am about to run out of a few items.

makeup 1.JPG

My Buxum Lash mascara is getting low, and my Mega Plush mascara has maybe a couple of uses left.  I wore the Mega Plush a lot this summer.  The Neutrogena concealer feels like it is getting low, but I gotta give it some credit for being a drug store product.  I bought it during the Spring semester, so it has lasted quite a while.  TheBalm BalmShelter TM, which I bought last summer, is almost at the end of its days. 

makeup 2.JPG

I've used my Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Frosting a lot this summer as well, and that is what remains of it.  The nub is what remains of my Sephora Retractable Waterproof Lip Liner in Nude.  I need to replace it ASAP!!  Although no where near finished, I have made a small dent in my Buxom lip gloss in April that came in a 500 point perk.

makeup 3.JPG

Another item that I need to replace ASAP: Victoria's Secret Pro Lip Scrub and Balm.  It has helped my lips out a lot since I bought it sometime in February.

lylysa

Re: Finished Products and Hitting Pan

I remember you saying! That cream liner jar is super clean too! I had a shade from them but it dried out, sucks because I loved the color and it got discontinued...I still find it on Amazon though...*tempting purchase*

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

Hehe. I try. I only dip in my products with a clean brush. :smileyvery-happy:

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

I'm almost out of my rimmel london powder, so that will probably be next.

I've got some brushes to clean tonight.

Oh and 4/5 completed on my makeup only 5 pan:smileyvery-happy:

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Project 10 pan takes too long, so I'm just gonna upload whenever I finish 5 items to help me keep track, and get a sense of accomplishment.2013-04-03 00.45.59.jpgThe Sephora moisturizer was better than expected. I stopped 3 pads short of finishing Brighter by Nature a couple month ago due to skin sensitivity (overuse), finally remembered and finished it. *phew* another batch done.

sephoramusthave

Good job beautytester!

I still have a long ways to go with my skincare stash, I have one cleanser thats more than halfway gone and a scrub thats halfway gone as well, but it will take me some time to finish those up. I've been good about using masks lately, been kinda ignoring them the last few months. Right now I'm using up samples first (only have one left) then I will continue with the ones I have.

rawrxjasmine

DSCN9154_zpsce7ad0ad.jpg

I am hitting pan on a couple of eyeshadows. Woohoo! A couple of shadows in the wet n' wild COLOR ICON™ EYESHADOW COLLECTION comfort zone, the silver color in the L'Oreal Paris HiP high intensity pigments™ Metallic Duos, and Milani runway eyes beach sand. 

DSCN9152_zps88986d57.jpg

I found this little eyeshadow palette at Walgreens for $.99 so of course I had to try it out! I'm not even sure what the brand was, but I was completely surprised by the color pay off on these. I pretty much used it everyday for such a long time, you can obviously tell which ones were my favorite. Ha. I got the Fibre Lashxtend in my November 2012 Birchbox and fell in love, I'm not even sure how many uses I will get out of it anymore, its about all used up!

DSCN9159_zpsff1ed434.jpg(Sorry for the terrible picture)

I also got this little sample of TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer in my October 2012 Birchbox. I fell in love right away, and pretty much use it everyday. I already ordered a full size backup for when I use this one up.

I also just used up a pack of the Garnier Refreshing Remover Cleansing Towlettes. I'm also almost out of my Blistex Lip Medex, this stuff was a life saver this winter!

sephoramusthave

or.jpgorigins never a dull moment scrub

starletta8

I just finished yet another product- Boots No. 7 4 in 1 wipes:

wipes.jpg

I mentioned downthread that I'm keeping track of everything I finish in 2013 so I can adjust my spending accordingly since I have no more room for makeup! I've finished all of these in 2013 or they've expired.

skincare.jpg4 x Boots 4 in 1 wipes

6x bubble bath/body wash

3x cotton rounds

2 x nail polish remover

nailfragrance.jpg

1 x Deborah Lippmann base coat

1 x Deborah Lippmann top coat

1 x Aveda personal blends body mist

1 x Trish McEvoy #6

1 x Marc by Marc Jacobs Dot

makeupempties.jpg

I've finished all of those- but the mini mascaras all expired.

starletta8

I just discovered a couple more products that just had a teeny bit living in the depths of my stash.  This includes about 5 powder compacts all at pan (!).  Looking forward to finishing some of them.

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

rawrxjasmine---I feel ya on the maryloumanizer and blistex lip medex. Both are holy grail products for me. Thanks for sharing!

I have 1-2 uses left of my Benefit RSVP shadow and my Benefit Dallas bronzer, so I will have pix of those pretty soon. :smileyvery-happy:

kd006

This is such a good idea! 001.JPGMac Studio Fix Fluid in NC15.. Loved this. But, won't be repurchasing. You can't tell in the picture but it is completely gone, I can't get anything out of it.

002.JPGTarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full Coverage Foundation. I probably have 5 or so uses left of this.. sad day when this runs out. Not sure if I'll repurchase or not.

003.JPGTarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Waterproof Concealor. Freaking love this. Will repurchase ASAP. Cannot live without.

004.JPGSmashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Face Primer. Seriously cannot get anymore product out. Loved it, but probably won't repurchase. I like my benefit porefessional more. Maybe will repurchase in the winter when I need more moisture.

005.JPGBenefit Porefessional. 5-6 uses left. Going to die without this product so will repurchase asap.

006.JPGMAC Moisturecover Concealer. Love this concealer as well and might repurchase. Great under eye concealer. Probably will repurchase next time i'm in a mac store.

007.JPGMAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. Cannot get anymore off of this. It was okay. My skin is too dry for this right now. Makes it look cakey. Maybe will repurchase when my skin is more oily. I love my hourglass powder in dim light now so I won't repurchase this for now.

008.JPGBenefit Hoola. Probably won't repurchase. I want to buy NARS laguna next or Too faced milk chocolate or maybe a cargo bronzer. Which would anyone suggest for lighter skintone? Not looking for very dark.

009.JPGOrigins Make A Difference Plus moisturizer. It has a different scent that I'm guessing a lot of people won't like but it really grew on me. I used every single drop of this that I could get out and I am so sad it's gone. Probably will repurchase.

010.JPGBenefit Total Moisture Facial Cream. I think I am going to die without this.. Already my third pot of this so I will definitely buy a fourth. The packaging is also so nice! Glass and a very nice lid. Love love.

Also some that I already threw away the packaging....

NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base. Love. Already repurchased. Will not go a single day without that primer.

Urban Decay Lush Lash Mascara It was alright. Probably won't repurchase. Alrady purchased Diorshow Waterproof and I love that WAY more.

I think that's about it.. Man I need to go shopping... LOL :smileyhappy:

starletta8

I'm doing something a little odd by most standards- for 2013, I have a shopping bag dedicated to empties- from makeup to skincare to finished sample packets, body washes. etc.  I want to see just how much I consume in a "typical" year so I can monitor my spending in the future.

brennn

I know it's weird, but I've been doing the same thing too. I've been keeping a little notebook on my vanity where I write everything I finish up. I really want to know just how much I spend on beauty products for a year- it's adding up much more quickly than I expected. 

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

This just might be my absolute favorite thread on BT :smileyvery-happy:

kd006

Smart idea! Thanks for sharing your idea.. I just might do that as well.

makeupobesessed

I have so many products, I wouldn't even know where to beGin.  do you guys  chose items mostly already gone and then add more as it goes along?

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

I pick item that are almost done/easy to finish then focus on that, then repeat. altho I like doing it proj 10 pan style: pick 10 items that I'm almost done with, then cross them off as I'm done. Then I pick another 10 and so on. Or that's how I plan to do it. I'm at 4/10 for my first attempt. Almost done with 2 of them, but the other 2 (masks) might take a while since I haven't had time to do skincare.

sephoramusthave

makeupobsessed-----I get bored picking 10 things and using just those everyday, so I just use whatever I want and as I use things up I write them down and form a list. For 10 pan every time I used up an item completely I came on here and wrote it down. Seeing that list increase gives me the boost I need to keep going and finish what I started. Right now I'm doing the 5 pan (for makeup only) and whenever I use up a makeup item, any makeup item, I go back to the thread and write it down. That way I know what I used up and how much more I need to use up to complete my 5 pan. You dont have to use items that are almost empty, but if you have a hard time using things up, it can give you the confidence you need. I've thought about doing a skincare only 10 pan, but I'm putting that off.

desertbr4t

mac northern  lightsIMAG0503-1.jpg

katie1724

I've already hit pan on my NARS Light Reflecting Pressed Powder...I think I bought that less than a month ago! Maybe I'm really aggressive with it or something -- because that doesn't seem like a long time! :smileyhappy:

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

Katie---There might not be much product in the pan. I remember using up my Benefit Hello Flawless powder foundation in a month or less as well...I hate it when companies are stingy with product but the price is up there!

I finished my Lancome Dual Finish Powder Foundation in Porcelaine I today :smileysad:

I dont think I have any more foundations....I have one but its way too dark so I'm saving it for summer. I need face makeup! Ugg.....no buy :smileysad:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 232 replies
  • 394 hearts
  • 59 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • prosopon