kimmi1115

Finished Products and Hitting Pan

Hitting pan and finishing a product feels like a major makeup accomplishment, especially when it is something that has been neglected for a while.  So, I figured why not have a thread where we can share this accomplishment.  Perhaps we can all inspire one another, and probably discover a new product or two to replace the finished one lol.

I am about to run out of a few items.

makeup 1.JPG

My Buxum Lash mascara is getting low, and my Mega Plush mascara has maybe a couple of uses left.  I wore the Mega Plush a lot this summer.  The Neutrogena concealer feels like it is getting low, but I gotta give it some credit for being a drug store product.  I bought it during the Spring semester, so it has lasted quite a while.  TheBalm BalmShelter TM, which I bought last summer, is almost at the end of its days. 

makeup 2.JPG

I've used my Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Frosting a lot this summer as well, and that is what remains of it.  The nub is what remains of my Sephora Retractable Waterproof Lip Liner in Nude.  I need to replace it ASAP!!  Although no where near finished, I have made a small dent in my Buxom lip gloss in April that came in a 500 point perk.

makeup 3.JPG

Another item that I need to replace ASAP: Victoria's Secret Pro Lip Scrub and Balm.  It has helped my lips out a lot since I bought it sometime in February.

lylysa

Re: Finished Products and Hitting Pan

True that! I hate when the flimsy ones cave in right at the neck of the dispenser and suddenly you realize your face wash is wearing your lotion! :smileytongue:

sephoramusthave

lylysa----Where do you store your makeup? Do you have an interesting organizer? I love seeing where people keep their makeup.

lylysa

It's nothing exciting for my personal stash. :smileytongue:

I have a couple of make up storage bags with a center compartment, side compartments, zippered pockets, side pouches, and elastic loops to hold pencils. I also scale down and have medium to large sized basic make up bags for when I travel so it forces me to think ahead and only pack what I will need/use. This normally becomes my "daily" bag I keep on the counter.

My client based make up kit is stored in a tall, two comparent rolling train case and I have 2 other train cases to hold additional product. I even converted a scrapbook rolling organizer into my hair/basic necessity kit.

MoreGun89

swfupload_6230728847997800592.jpg

Lylysa, you are now our official makeup Batman XD  (You know, the gadgets and pockets and stuff :smileytongue:)

lylysa

OMG! Batman is my favorite superhero and I saw that photo on Imgur once and just about squeeled with delight! I love it! I'm totally going to make it my profile photo!!!

Thanks, Moregun!

There's no shark-repellant in my pockets/belt though! :smileytongue: Ohh yeah, Adam West style!

MoreGun89

XD "A sparrow in a tree with a machine gun, that's the ONLY possible solution!"  <<pretty sure that's not word for word lol  Love that pic though, think about it, Batman does enjoy being pretty!

lylysa

Gosh, I can't find the photo now, but it's photos of Michael Caine from Miss Congeliality at the "Be the crown, see the crown, you are the crown" part and then that Batman princess photo!

sephoramusthave

Its not because its heavy, its just a small bottle, I'm afraid that I'll drop it somewhere during travel or it'lls lip out of my hand and break into a million pieces.

lylysa

Eee, broken glass is never fun! If I travel with any glass jars (perfume especially) I try to wrap it in a towel or cloth and then in a plastic baggy so it's contained.

sephoramusthave

I really want to try this zuzu luxe foundation I saw at Whole Foods. Its also all natural, I know my shade (L3, the lightest one) and I like that it comes in a squeeze tube instead of a bottle.

lylysa

Some of the items I recently finished up:

-Laura Mercier Sparklink Pink lipstick (already got another tube)

-Issey Miyake Floral perfume (got a tinnnnny bit left in the 3.3 oz bottle, bought the 0.8 oz one ready to replace it when the large one is done)

-Givenchy Ange Ou Demon Le Secret (also stocked up on it already, tossed the old one out)

-Stila's Kitten eye shadow, hit the pan on one well, got a back up one ready to replace!

-Butter London Horse Power, bottle #2 is almost finished!

sephoramusthave

lylysa----Whats the Stila eyeshadow in kitten like? Hows the pigment/color payoff/staying power? I've read a lot of mixed reviews, some people cant live without it, and some people said that the formula breaks/cracks and thats it overhyped for what it is. Champagne shadows are my favorite and I always use them up.

lylysa

I've never had any issues with Kitten, the individual shadow pans with a satin/shimmer finish apply beautifully. I love kitten, it applies well even without a primer and is a good staple/eye brightening shade to have.

I have mine in a create-your-own palette from Stila and when I had to stock up on more I found individual pans of Kitten for $1! Crazzzy cheap and a killer score!

They feel like the lorac single shadows, I like the texture and the finish it has!

sephoramusthave

Thanks for your review! I tested kitten once in store, just on my hand and the formula crumbled so easily, but it was probably sitting on the shelf for ages. I might need to get this one then! Still have 6 more products to finish for my project 10 pan though :smileysad:

lylysa

The shadow is a bit softer in feel, probably why it crumbled, but I've haven't had issues with mine breaking or cumbling in the palette and I've travelled with mine.

To fix a broken shadow or powdered product in a pan, crush up all the product into a fine powder, and add scoops back to the pan while adding drops of rubbing alcohol, mix it up, adding more powder and alcohol if it's too dry, then smooth it at the top. Once it dries, it sets back in place. I've done this to shadows, blushes, and even powdered foundations!

dianabt

I realized I haven't ever really posted in this thread and it's a hot topic we have here! :smileyhappy:

I just ran out of 2 hair products yesterday( WORST timing ever)

-Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam

-Couture Colour Pequi Oil (very sad, this thing lasted me AGES)

and my Clinique Anti Gravity Eye Cream is almost gone! Not sure how I feel about that considering I really don't see much difference. It was nice to not have a stinging sensation and have my eyes feel hydrated but its not a noticeable difference.

swfupload_1107741920690903208.jpg

Time to try out the new Nars eye cream and also purchase some new hair products in the meantime :smileyhappy: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
kaye123

I recently hit pan on a blush and an eyeshadow! I hit pan on MAC's Well Dressed blush and MAC's mylar eyeshadow. It seems like you have to use a blush or eyeshadow forever to even hit pan on it. Now I'm working on using those up, so I can move on to some new stuff.

helpful

I'm about to run out of Clinique Dramatically Different Gel, Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel, and Urban Decay De-Slick spray. I run out of these items over and over again!!

makeupobesessed

I'm finally hitting pan on some of my naked palette, mainly Half Baked.  I finished up a few masacaras, but I have so many small tubes from gift with purchase, I do t think I'll be buying mascara forever.  I also am almost out of Benefit Porefessional.  I also have a ton of small tubes from samples.  Other than that , I'm so well stocked with products I don't need to buy a thing For a long time.

sephoramusthave

I've hit pan on my Rimmel London Stay Matte setting powder in transparent so yay! You know...I dont think that I've *ever* hit pan on a drugstore face product. I think that I'm going to hit pan on a lot more items over the next few months because I've put myself on a no buy. And I dont know whats up with my Origins foundation....it looks full on the outside but today I could get very little product out and I tapped the bottle pretty hard. I've been using it everyday for a few weeks now, so I guess I'm near the end with this one too. I've put the bottle upside down and I'll try to scratch out the rest of the product with a brush.

smartmint

This is such an awesome idea!!:smileyhappy: I honestly have lost track of how many times I have had to replace my Stila One Step Correct Primer. Maybe 4 or 5 times? The worst part is that, with tax, its $40 per bottle! That means I have spent around $200 on just that primer! Same goes for Revlon Photo Ready powder which I have probably had to replace 3 or 4 times. I run out of face product a lot since I use so much of it every day! Hahaha! I would have to replace mascara a lot if I didnt buy so much of it when I dont need more than one or two at a time.... Iv had to replace eye liner also.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 232 replies
  • 394 hearts
  • 59 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • prosopon