kimmi1115

Finished Products and Hitting Pan

Hitting pan and finishing a product feels like a major makeup accomplishment, especially when it is something that has been neglected for a while.  So, I figured why not have a thread where we can share this accomplishment.  Perhaps we can all inspire one another, and probably discover a new product or two to replace the finished one lol.

I am about to run out of a few items.

makeup 1.JPG

My Buxum Lash mascara is getting low, and my Mega Plush mascara has maybe a couple of uses left.  I wore the Mega Plush a lot this summer.  The Neutrogena concealer feels like it is getting low, but I gotta give it some credit for being a drug store product.  I bought it during the Spring semester, so it has lasted quite a while.  TheBalm BalmShelter TM, which I bought last summer, is almost at the end of its days. 

makeup 2.JPG

I've used my Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Frosting a lot this summer as well, and that is what remains of it.  The nub is what remains of my Sephora Retractable Waterproof Lip Liner in Nude.  I need to replace it ASAP!!  Although no where near finished, I have made a small dent in my Buxom lip gloss in April that came in a 500 point perk.

makeup 3.JPG

Another item that I need to replace ASAP: Victoria's Secret Pro Lip Scrub and Balm.  It has helped my lips out a lot since I bought it sometime in February.

fran11

Re: Finished Products and Hitting Pan

I just hit pan on my deluxe sample of NARS Laguna bronzer this morning! Not a product I used every day, but did use a lot and I think I received it in Feb last year!  Will be trying to use this up!

maltipoo66

This is a fun topic!  Here are the products I'm getting close to finishing:

1. Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer (smaller size-I'm using the inside of the pump to scoop out the product left on the sides of the bottle).

2. Tarte Lights Camera Splashes Waterproof Mascara (starting to dry out a little)

3. Sephora Kohl Waterproof eyeliner pencil

4. Nars Gipsy Lipstick (this will probably last a while longer, but I've been using it like crazy lately!)

Does anyone else think that the Hourglass Mineral Veil primer could be packaged much better so that no product is left inside the bottle once the pump can't reach it anymore?

jessica223344

I am almost out of the Caudalie, vine body butter and hand and nail cream, set.  I bought it near Christmas.  I enjoyed this set.  I don't want to know but am almost positive that my face moisturizer, Kinara weightless moisture, is almost out.  I should just buy a large container.  I am almost out of both MUFE's makeup remover and their waterproof mascara.  Additionally, my CLEN anti-bacterial moisturizing hand cream ishoe rower fresh scent.  That's bad timing with the flu season setting in.  I will need to buy more or get a travel bottle of anti-bacterial hand cleaner at Jewel-Osco.  The item I run out of most: good glosses such as NARS chihuahua color.  I usually have to throw out eye liners or eye shadows -because of an expired shelf life- before I can use them up.  That's the worst part.  

katie1724

I recently finished my second NARS concealer stick (it's the only one I use on my face!), Shiseido Benefiance eye cream (which I finish regularly) and an Anthony Logistics Glycolic Facial Cleanser. I also used all of my Skinceuticals C E Ferulic and recently replaced that, too.  I also recently hit pan on my NARS pressed powder -- that was my fourth or fifth, at least (why do I seem to run out of everything at the same time?!). I also regularly use NARS Crusing...I seem to go through that really quickly.

crewfan

used up all of my bumble and bumble brillante (sorry bad spelling) and just ordered more!  Love that stuff! My Nars lipstick sexual healing almost gone, and my two faced bb cream too! And my bella bamba has hit pan!  

kimmi1115

Urban Decay Big Fatty is gone.  May it rest in peace lol.

berniebeauty

It's a sad day for mascara. I just finished my deluxe sample of tatres lights camera lashes mascara. Yay :smileyhappy:

bananachoox3

I feel like I'll never hit pan on any of my makeup just yet, the closest ones are my Nars lipstick in bella de jour and my macadamia natural oil deep repair masque. I need the get some more of my masque before I run out ASAP. Love using it. Although I did finish my bottle of UD de slick and had to get another one. I also have a backup for my lorac aquaprime.

IsabellaBeauty

I hit pan on my C.O Bigelow Rose Salve!! It's helped me through the winter, with all the dry, crackly skin fiascos. I also hit pan on a drugstore blush (Wet 'n' Wild blush in Mellow Wine), which I don't need to replace because I have recently bought a high-end one I like so much better! 

shyvicki

I hit pan on two colors of my Too Faced Nakeds eye shadow palet. I hope to use most of the palet up before moving on to the Romantics palet in the spring. Eye shadow and lip gloss are two items I have way too many of. I promised myself no more buying lip gloss or eye shadow until I use up what I already have. The order I put in today is for items I use every day and running out of: BB cream, eye shadow primer, finishing powder, and a facecare kit along with the Bumble & Bumble 500 point perk.

cutiecocolove

heres a little secret 

u can dip ur lipgloss in hot water and leave it in for 10 min. check later. :smileyhappy:

kimmi1115

I finished my Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Frosting today.  I'll have to pick up a replacement at some point lol.

My Urban Decay Big Fatty mascara (the "vintage" formula) is almost gone, too.

midniterae

I recently finished off my NARS pressed powder and my Ole Henriksen moisturizer and bought new ones the other day. I've hit pan in my Naked Palette, but haven't finished it yet. 

ilovetopurplefy

Hi! I hit pan on Smog in my Naked palette about 4 months ago and now its completely gone! I used it soooo much and the palette was a birthday gift from my best friend (my birthday is in October)! I didn't want to buy a new palette because of it or a single Smog eyeshadow because it's $18 and I can get a better deal somewhere else. I bought an exact dupe of Smog at Victoria's Secret. It's one of their Beauty Rush baked shadows and it is called Bronzinger. It's I got it during the semi-annual sale for $2-3 (I don't remember the price) but it costs about $7-8 alone but you can get 4 for $20. I use it everyday and I made quite a big dent in it after 2 months of having it. I finished 3 tubs of Forever Blushing body butter and a bottle of Sheer Love body mist from Victoria's Secret. I'm going to go repurchase them in a few days because they are my favorite products from VS. My MAC Jubilee lipstick is pretty much dead and gone. I used the heck out of it this summer! My Rosebud Lip Salve I need to replace immediately! I got it in May and I use it for my cuticles when I do my nails, for my lips when they're dry and chapped, and before I put on lip products. 

makeupobesessed

Do you ladies find that when the pan starts to show n a shadow, it tends to break up into pieces?  For me, any time I've had the pan start to show, the shadow breaks and I end up having to throw it away eventually because it will become such a mess.   Then I feel cheated because I didn't really get to use it all.

cutiecocolove

(0) Hearts

if u hit pan and it breaks then out some pubbing alcohol let it sit and smooth out. go to youtube and check out michelle phan how to fix broken makeup

katie1724

[ Edited ]

@makeupobsessed: That always happens to me with pressed powder(!), and yes -- eventually it breaks apart and crumbles, and I can't really use the rest (conveniently). Grr!

That said, I have hit pan on NARS Orgasm and Sin (I can't imagine how, but I think they were the only blushes I was using at the time). I also regularly finish foundation (NARS Sheer Glow), pressed powder (NARS Pressed Powder, Snow) mascara (whatever I happen to be using), eyeliner (right now it's MUFE Aqua Eyes). I once finished a Chanel nail polish (Vamp). Other than that, I think I have too many things (particularly blush and eyeshadow) to ever really run out of anything.

janinebt

I've hit pan on all of the Rosebud salves that I own! I hate when they get like that because it's a little challenging to scoop the sides (It always ends up under my nails (gross).

They aren't exactly pans but I made it a personal goal to use up all of the smart samples that I like before purchasing a new bottle of face wash. I finished my Pacific Amore 500 point perk, and the 2 of the small bottles of cleanser that came with my clarisonic (which I really ended up liking).

I also finished my first tube of Tarina Tarantino Fleur De Lash, my favorite Sephora by OPI lilac nail polish, and Tarina Tarantino's Pearl Glow Primer.

I'm really close to finishing up my beloved Too Faced BB cream. As much as I loved it...I'm thinking about going for a matte BB cream for the winter season. I like to retire the dewy faced look come October/November.

TARINA TARANTINO - Pearl Glow PrimerTARINA TARANTINO - Fleur de Lash - Faceted

SEPHORA by OPI - Nail Colour

Whimsically yours,
Janine
prettyinpa

Good for you kimmi! I finished my Fairydrops Scandal Queen Mascara this week, it was too dry to use and clumped like crazy, so it got tossed. I finished up my sample of DDF eye cream (not going to buy the full size, it seems to stay gooey all night). My LORAC Star Studded Trio is at pan on 2 of the 3 colors and I will never finish the olive color because it makes me look sallow, so shortly that palette's going to be gone. Not that I'm in danger of ever running out of shadow. lol
kimmi1115

@prettyinpa  I'm with you on the eyeshadow.  I don't think I'll run out for a while lol.

@janinebt  You finished a Sephora by OPI polish?!  That's amazing! lol.  The bottles are quite big compared to the other polishes I have in my stash.  They either are actually bigger, or it's an illusion due to the bottle shape.  I've made some good dents in some of my polishes, though. 

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

I'm almost out of my Rosebud Salve (the original and mint!), I made a good dent in my Blistex Lip medex, and I'm almost out of my DIor Abricot Nail Cream, I've made a huge dent in my Josie Maran Color Stick in Petal Pink (its a travel size though..BUT I've used it so much and it took me MONTHS to get this dent), my Stila Convertible Color in Lillium has a noticable dent in it because I love it and I use it for both lips AND cheeks, I've made a good dent in my TheBalm Mary Loumanizer, I've just used up and tossed my what feels like 20th Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara (I've been using this for years because I always seem to get the mini version in a kit, or as a perk or as a gift from someone else...right now I'm using Bare Minerals Flawless Definition), and I've made a huge dent in my Benefit Dallas bronzer (both of them!) because I've been using that daily instead of powder foundation.

This is why I dont mind paying the price for good makeup...because no matter what, it gets used up. So no money is wasted.

I'll post pix later.

:smileyvery-happy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 232 replies
  • 394 hearts
  • 59 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll