Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential

Fill-in-the-blank Pt. 3 ; Yeah, Another One

Time for another Fill in the Blank game because WHY NOT I LIKE THEM OK?

Per usual some of these may be (and probably are) repeats from previous rounds, but I can’t be bothered to double check. Thanks for playing!

• Three products I’m dying to try are……….
  • My hair is …………….
  • The brand that upsets me the most is………because……….
  • A brand I haven’t tried yet but an interested in is …………...
  • Something I don’t like about the Beauty Industry is ……….
  • If all makeup production stopped FOREVER, I would stock up on ……………
  • A beauty trick I learned from someone else is ……….
  • My most treasured beauty possession is …………
  • When it comes to Limited Edition items, I think ………….
  • Brands I will no longer buy from are ………… because ……………
  • Brands I love to buy from are ……….
  • If I was going to give a BT Award it would go to ………… for ……………
  • My heart races when I see……………….
  • There are too many ………
  • There are not enough ………..
  • Three words that describe my beauty philosophy are ………….
  • My biggest product disappointment was …………
  • Something I’m waiting to come back in stock is ………..
  • Ingredients I’m cautious of are ………. because ………
  • Tell us about your beauty journey. Where you started, where you are now, and where you want to be in the future!

bag

Re: Fill-in-the-blank Pt. 3 ; Yeah, Another One

* Three products I’m dying to try are:
1. Oribe Gold Lust Nourishing Hair Oil: I've neglected my hair for years and when walking through Neiman Marcus, they had a tester out and I decided to try it out on my hair. For the rest of the day, I couldn't stop touching it because it was soooo soft!! 
2. Biologique Recherche's Lotion P50
3. Vintner's Daughter Active Botanical Serum
* My hair is a butt length mess!!
* The brand that upsets me the most is none, because there's not enough time in my life to be upset about things that I can't control.
* A brand I haven’t tried yet but am interested in is La Mer.
* Something I don’t like about the Beauty Industry is the cost!!!!
* If all makeup production stopped FOREVER, I would stock up on ABH Dipbrow and Brow Wiz in Granite, KVD Trooper, YSL Volume Effect Faux Cils, CO Bigalow Lavender Salve, and Inglot eyeshadows. The rest of the makeup categories, I have enough to last a lifetime 😇
* A beauty trick I learned from someone else is using q-tips to get that perfect cat eye.
* My most treasured beauty possession is my natural hair makeup brush collection.
* When it comes to Limited Edition items, I think there are toooooo many nowadays!!!!
* Brands I will no longer buy from are indie brands because nothing against them other than the fact that I am squeamish when it comes to sanitary (or unsanitary) production process. If they're not sold at a reputable retailer, I won't buy. For this reason alone, I don't do trades or buy used makeup. I'm too paranoid!
* Brands I love to buy from are brands that put quality first, brands that care about their customer service and their professional reputation.
* If I was going to give a BT Award it would go to ………… for ……………there are too many wonderful BT'ers to pick just one!!
* My heart races when I see beautifully designed, quality packaging.
* There are too many products that I want to try and not enough face to try them on!!
* There are not enough $$$ in my bank account to buy all the pretties 😔😭
* Three words that describe my beauty philosophy are keep it fun!!!!!
* My biggest product disappointment was concealers. I can never get it to look good on my dry under eyes.
* Something I’m waiting to come back in stock is ABH Mario palette, although it's probably gone for good...
* Ingredients I’m cautious of are fragrance in skincare, because I don't want to cause more premature aging. 🤓

Three products I’m dying to try are: Tom Ford lipsticks, Milk Makeup eye pigment, GlamGlow setting spray.

My hair is about to be cut into bangs unless I chicken out (80% possible).

The brand that upsets me the most is Jeffree Star, because ugh.

A brand I haven’t tried yet but an interested in is It Cosmetics.

Something I don’t like about the Beauty Industry is lack of diversity (racially, in body size and in age representation).

If all makeup production stopped FOREVER, I would stock up on brow filler.

A beauty trick I learned from someone else is using eye primer and then covering that with a skin-toned shadow and THEN doing my eye makeup.

My most treasured beauty possession is my Make Up For Ever 130 Large Powder Brush. It is the crown jewel of my brushes. So soft and beautiful. 

When it comes to Limited Edition items, I think holiday palettes. 

Brands I will no longer buy from are ? because ? (I would prefer to keep this to myself because every brand is problematic and you can probably dig into any brand and find something shady. Though I'm pretty sure I've answered this in the past and it's in my posting history!) 

Brands I love to buy from are: Right now I love Bobbi Brown and Lancôme. They have great shade ranges. I've also just bought my first products from Kevyn Aucoin and Givenchy and I'm seriously insane over them and already want to start collecting.  

If I was going to give a BT Award it would go to ………… for ……………: I can't pick favorites! You're all lovely! 

My heart races when I see beautifully designed compacts that are the perfect size and you can tell they just "click" so satisfyingly when you shut them. 

There are too many highlighters and I want them all.

There are not enough foundations and powders for dark skin tones. 

Three words that describe my beauty philosophy are "I want it."

My biggest product disappointment was Kat Von D Lock It Concealer Creme in white. Bleh. 

Something I’m waiting to come back in stock is: I was half-heartedly waiting for one of the Smashbox Covershot palettes to come back in stock and now that is I haven't bought it. *pats self on back*

Ingredients I’m cautious of are ………. because: I'm not sure but I swatched the Nars Pygar Hardwire shadow on my hand a couple weeks ago and it got so red and inflamed and painful. WTF! That's the only time that has ever happened! I should probably investigate. 

Tell us about your beauty journey. Where you started, where you are now, and where you want to be in the future! Ooh that's a long one. I'll save the story for when I'm not tippy typing on my phone! Xoxo!

Three products I’m dying to try are……….marc Jacobs dew you highlighter, Sunday Riley C.e.o, and the new too faced highlighters (hurry up mailman!)
My hair is …………….dark teal and in recovery from two years of bleaching.
The brand that upsets me the most is………JS because……….he's offensive and extremely stuck up.
A brand I haven’t tried yet but an interested in is …………...Stella Cosmetics.  Has anyone tried them?
Something I don’t like about the Beauty Industry is ……….unrealistic expectations being shoved down people's throats.  And young models demonstrating anti aging products.  Like c'ommon.  
If all makeup production stopped FOREVER, I would stock up on ……………ha, I wouldn't need to.  I'm set for life.  I'm pretty sure a lot of others here are too. Amiright? 
A beauty trick I learned from someone else is ……….to make your eyes look super big and natural take a light brown eyeshadow and extend you're eye by two mm on the inner and outer corners by stamping it on with an eyeliner brush.  
My most treasured beauty possession is …………my Dior fleurs de vent blush from the Omotesando collection.
When it comes to Limited Edition items, I think ………….there are way too many to make sense. 
Brands I will no longer buy from are ………… JS, lime crime, because ……………🙄
Brands I love to buy from are ……….kvd, abh,...you know what, I'll end up typing out soooo many.  Let's just say I like almost everyone.  
If I was going to give a BT Award it would go to @lyravega for ……………being an awesome lady and for random midnight chats.  Seems not fair to have to choose one person though.    Everyone else gets participation ribbons cause I love you all.  
My heart races when I see……………….cake pops.
There are too many ………cake pops in my stomach right now.
There are not enough ………..willpowers to not eat cake pops.
Three words that describe my beauty philosophy are ………….shine, smell scrumptious 
My biggest product disappointment was …………anyone remember those bite watercolours?  And nail inc spray on nailpolish!!!!  
Something I’m waiting to come back in stock is ………..can't  think of anything cause I need it not.
Ingredients I’m cautious of are ………. because ………dunno
Tell us about your beauty journey. Where you started, where you are now, and where you want to be in the future!

ahhhhh!  Pressure to write a novel!!!  I'll be back to finish this later. 

upload_6064742072288724523.gif

@heartsmyface Right back at ya! Heart

Well, you deserve it:). 

Ahhh these are fun 😄 Thanks @ShannonAlexis !!!!

• Three products I’m dying to try are……….May Lindstrom Blue Cocoon, Clean Dirt and Honey Mud. The thing is.. i already have samples. But I go into autopilot whenever I start my makeup removal~skincare process and never remember to try them 🙊
  • My hair is …………….in dire need of straightening.
  • The brand that upsetsannoyed me the most recently is………Tom Ford because……….it changed its blush formula and now it's not as good. Also TF is getting rather repetitive/boring. 
  • A brand I haven’t tried yet but an interested in is …………...The Ordinary.
  • Something I don’t like about the Beauty Industry is ……….what @jemly said.
  • If all makeup production stopped FOREVER, I would stock up on ……………eyeliners and brow pencils.
  • A beauty trick I learned from someone else is ……….I learned everything from other people.
  • My most treasured beauty possession is …………it's hard to pick one. Can I say "my altar of perfumes" 😆
  • When it comes to Limited Edition items, I th miss. I try to buy from places with good return policies and check swatches beforehand when possible.
  • Brands I will no longer buy from are …………none because ……………never say never. (I would have put Jeffrey Starr, but I have never purchased anything from them to begin with.)
  • Brands I love to buy from are ……….NARS, Tom Ford, Sunday Riley, Diptyque.
  • If I was going to give a BT Award it would go to ………many people for ……………as BT has so many kind, encouraging, well informed, enthusiastic, sharing members.
  • My heart races when I see……………….new highlighters. It's a problem.
  • There are too many ………highlighters!
  • There are not enough ………..perfumes that can be purchased in individual travel size sprays.
  • Three words that describe my beauty philosophy are ………….?
  • My biggest product disappointment was …………forgotten.
  • Something I’m waiting to come back in stock is ………..ELxVB Modern Mercury.
  • Ingredients I’m cautious of are ……….oils because ………they have a relatively short shelf life. I don't wanna stockpile too many.
  • Tell us about your beauty journey. Where you started, where you are now, and where you want to be in the future! .........I didn't pay attention to makeup or skincare pretty much throughout university. I did the minimum (foundation, eye/eyebrow pencil, sheer lipstick) in my early-mid 20s and my skincare routine would often just entail wiping out everything with Clarins micellar water before falling asleep. Late 20s-now, proper makeup and skincare did wonders to my sense of self. I greatly enjoy being able to maintain a polished appearance or express myself, and the evening skincare routine is a time to pamper myself and relax. While I have a good idea of what works for me, I know ridiculously little about skincare ingredients so I plan to educate myself on them.

Ooh yes to not enough travel size perfumes!!

Bc, I am waiting on PMs!  lol!

Three products I’m dying to try are

1. BOTOX 

2. CT lipsticks/lip pencils

3. Lash Extensions (but, can't commit to refills)

My hair is

-My 4th child!

The brand that upsets me the most is Drunk Elephant  because L-0-V-E the products but they are expensive in Dollar Store containers! I still deal because they make my skin look great.

A brand I haven’t tried yet but an interested in is  Ahhh! Charlotte Tilbury. Her lipsticks look gorgeous!

Something I don’t like about the Beauty Industry is they make false claims and photoshop their 'result ads.'  Lies!!!!!!  All Lies!!!!!

If all makeup production stopped FOREVER, I would stock up on Gucci face powder, Besame lipliners, NARS blush, NARS mascara, MAC eyelash curler, MJ eyeliner, CL lipstick, UD eyeshadow!

A beauty trick I learned from someone else is how to do my own professional mani/pedi on You Tube tutorial video. 

My most treasured beauty possession is sunglasses and earrings, because without make-up, these 2 things alone do a lot to brighten my face!

When it comes to Limited Edition items, I think...Ummm, I don't pay attention.  But, for Christmas I gifted the Bite gold glitter lipgloss to fellow belly dancers.  They tell me how much they love it and I am just like......'it was Limited Edition, use sparingly!'

Brands I will no longer buy from are ………… because …For this.... anything YT/Blogger related turns me off.  I know, the joke is on me because some of those girls are making millions and good for them! Make $!

Brands I love to buy from are equal opportunist here! If it is a GWP, even better!

If I was going to give a BT Award it would go to My husband (in secret)  for eating Clearance meat (in secret).  

My heart races when I see Sephora gift cards at the grocery store! Ummm, what foods can I find on sale so I can 'sneak one' into the grocery bill un-noticed!  lol!

There are too many perfumes that smell ordinary!

There are not enough  gift cards to buy the ENTIRE Christian Louboutin collection!  I sorta want it......just because!!!! I should start a GFM! ;')

Three words that describe my beauty philosophy are

-Buy the good stuff and enjoy it every day.

-Grow out your hair.....keep your nails short.

-Every day start with a bath, Netflix and a drink.

(oops, it said....3 words) lol

My biggest product disappointment was PM eyeshadow kits because the containers were Dollar Store and mismatched.  Don't even get me started on that huge CRAYOLA eyeliner thing!  hahahahah! 

Something I’m waiting to come back in stock is my bank account!

Ingredients I’m cautious of are  silicones because expensive hair products should have ZERO silicones! 

Tell us about your beauty journey. Where you started, where you are now, and where you want to be in the future. I have been happy and blessed every step of the way! We are all supposed to look different and I love my tiny flaws.  (the big ones, I changed) 

😂 The Sephora gift cards at the grocery store!!!  Everyone's eating SPAM and MrNoodles!!!!  

Image result for laughing so hard you cry

Bank account ahahaha yes!!!

Omg! @Samtian  hilarious!!!! ;')

Three products I’m dying to try are……….

Origins
RitualiTea Feeling Rosy,Sisley express flower gel and Farmacy eye dew
My hair is …………….
Long

The brand that upsets me the most is………because……….
None
 A brand I haven’t tried yet but an interested in is …………...
Chanel
Something I don’t like about the Beauty Industry is ……….
I haven't really thought about this,I will probably think of a answer in the middle of the night.
If all makeup production stopped FOREVER, I would stock up on ……………
Tom Ford lipsticks
A beauty trick I learned from someone else is ……….
putting tape on the sides of your eyes when doing shadow to get a straight line.
My most treasured beauty possession is …………
My skII essence limited edition bottle with the butterflies on it.
When it comes to Limited Edition items, I think ………….
Staking them and waiting for releases is fun.

Brands I will no longer buy from are ………… because ……………
There aren't any.
Brands I love to buy from are ……….
Tom Ford,Lise Watier
If I was going to give a BT Award it would go to ………… for ………
I can't pick one person so many contribute on here.
My heart races when I see……………….
good promos
There are too many ………
New products I want to try
There are not enough ……….
Sephora promo codes
Three words that describe my beauty philosophy are ………….
Glitter,bright,unique
My biggest product disappointment was …………
Lise Watier Ombre Fraiche liquid shadows.I love this brand but these came out last summer and were awful,they never set and made a huge mess on my lids.I had to throw them out since they ere unusable..
Something I’m waiting to come back in stock is ………
Chanel candeur et expérience if it ever comes back.
Ingredients I’m cautious of are ………. because 
any lip products with peppermint oil,it burns my lips.
Tell us about your beauty journey. Where you started, where you are now, and where you want to be in the future!
I started wearing make up when I was 13 or 14,I now have a huge stockpile and am hoping in the future to buy less itmes and enjoy what I already own.

@Seymore3   Just out of curiosity. Why did t you return the shadows?

I agree that sometimes, staking the LE is more fun than the item itself. I once stalked the Sephora color of the year when it was the purple a few years ago.  Don't get me wrong, I love the blush palette with the highlighter , but I made calls and drove and all for it, and in hindsight it's not un- dupable.  

@makeupobesessedI figured it would be a hassle to return them since they were already used.I got them at Shoppers and I am not even sure what their return policy is on opened cosmetics,since I have never returned anything.

Thank you for making this @ShannonAlexis! 😄

Three products I’m dying to try are……….
Philosophy's Pure Grace Summer Surf eau de toilette, Alterna Bamboo Beach Ocean Waves texture spray, and the new Bite Beauty lip pencils!

My hair is...
Blonde and straight. So straight. So so so straight. 

The brand that upsets me the most is... Jeffree Star

because… Ugh. I don't even want to get into it, but I feel like the reasons are obvious.

A brand I haven’t tried yet but an interested in is...  La Mer or Chantecaille

Something I don’t like about the Beauty Industry is... this past year it has been all the collabs with subpar quality.

If all makeup production stopped FOREVER, I would stock up on... 
Everything. 😛 But I think mascara and eyebrow pencils would be at the top of that list.

A beauty trick I learned from someone else is...
How to contour to make my face look wider (since I feel like my face is long to begin with, I don't want it to look even longer with the typical contouring).

My most treasured beauty possession is... 

My Tom Ford Honeymoon quad.

When it comes to Limited Edition items, I think... it's annoying. I hate the urgency and feeling of competition that goes along with LE products.

Brands I will no longer buy from are... 

Makeup Geek.

because...
I was really disppointed in their eyeshadows, hate that they don't have a return policy, hate paying shipping fees, and feel like the company isn't very professional.

Brands I love to buy from are...

Nars, Dior, YSL, and Marc Jacobs.

If I was going to give a BT Award it would go to … @veronika23 for always keeping us up to date with the latest beauty releases!

My heart races when I see... new eyeshadow palettes!

There are too many... highlighters. I know, it's blasphemy...but there are so many and I feel like, for the most part, they look way too similar when applied to the face.

There are not enough... cool-toned eyeshadow palettes!

Three words that describe my beauty philosophy are... 

winged liner, always. 😉

My biggest product disappointment was …
KVD Serpentina. I was so excited by the concept of this palette, but it fell so flat for me once it was unveiled.

Something I’m waiting to come back in stock is...
Nars Velvet Matte lip pencil in Dolce Vita.

Ingredients I’m cautious of are … alcohol 
because... 
it's so bad for the skin.

I started wearing makeup in highschool, but looking back it was probably overly cakey foundation that was the wrong shade, and too much eyeliner. I don't know when or how I became so obsessed with makeup, but it escalated quickly and I went from wearing no makeup to being a Rouge customer at Sephora within about two years. 😛 Never looked back! I still think there are things I'd like to get better at, but I am pretty happy with my collection and my application skills at the moment. 🙂

I almost forgot about the Philosophy Pure Grace Summer Surf.  I'm not a fan of the original Pure Grave, but I've heard this is quite different, very coconut, sunscreen, beachy.  Im adding it to my loves list right now!

I'm not a fan of Pure Grace either, but anything 'summer' instantly catches my eye! 😛 I can't wait to try it.

Thanks @Asche Heart  You know I love those new releases 😄

I so agree with you on the cool-toned palettes and had totally forgotten about the KVD Serpentina. That was a disappointment when it was revealed.

I love doing these! They remind me of the slam books that me and my friends made as kids...And I know, I know...my age is showing lol. 

• Three products I’m dying to try are
  • My hair is: fine...super straight...Wish I had slight waves like my mama!
  • The brand that upsets me the most is: Any brand that isn't cruelty free
  • A brand I haven’t tried yet but an interested in is: Youth To The People
  • Something I don’t like about the Beauty Industry is: The psychological effects it can have on people...Especially the youth.
  • If all makeup production stopped FOREVER, I would stock up on: some sort of translucent mattifying powder or concealer.
  • A beauty trick I learned from someone else is: To apply eyeshadow primer on my eyelids to keep them from getting super greasy. If you're an oily type like I am, and have had oil slip into your eye from your eyelid it is NOT FUN. Shout out to my big sister for the tip! ^_^
  • My most treasured beauty possession is: My La Mer Soft Moisturizing Cream
  • When it comes to Limited Edition items, I think: I'm too lazy to stand in line/wait up all night lol
  • Brands I will no longer buy from are: Any brand that tests on animals, because obvi. 
  • Brands I love to buy from are: Sunday Riley, Tatcha, Peter Thomas Roth
  • If I was going to give a BT Award it would go to@ShannonAlexis for this super fun thread!
  • My heart races when I see: Puppies and the Ocean
  • There are too many: Negative people in this world. All we need is love ❤️
  • There are not enough: Hours in the day...I wish I could go to work, and then take a hike or visit the beach afterwards
  • Three words that describe my beauty philosophy are: Simple, effective, preventative
  • My biggest product disappointment was: Hmmmm...There was this hair removal tool I purchased back in like 2007...But I forgot the brand lol
  • Something I’m waiting to come back in stock is: nothing at the moment!
  • Ingredients I’m cautious of are Alcohol, because it can be super drying on the skin.
  • Tell us about your beauty journey. Where you started, where you are now, and where you want to be in the future! I've had problematic skin since high school up until a couple years out of college. I feel pretty comfortable with my skin now, and I do get the random zits here and there, but I have a pretty good skincare routine down and TRY to eat healthier. In the future, I'd like to look like I'm 45 when I'm really 70 lol. In the near future, I'd like to experiment a little more with makeup. Maybe rock a cool nail color or something. We'll see 😉
Cheers!
Nikko

I love these 🙂

Spoiler

Three products I’m dying to try:

Marc Jacobs coconut water (the promo the US just had), UD vice liquid lip toppers, Stila Glitter and Glow all 3 mermaid colors

My hair is:

Boring at the moment

The brand that upsets me the most is/because:

JS/Lime Crime no explanation needed (and Arbonne and companies like it MLM)

A brand I haven’t tried yet but an interested in is:

Deciem and sub brands (order arriving soon) and Okoko

Something I don’t like about the Beauty Industry is:

Proper communication of release dates and LE items vs perm items. The influencers/youtube stars and all their collabs. I also don’t like people hating on each other because of how they look.

If all makeup production stopped FOREVER, I would stock up on:

Everything lol. If I can’t it be black mascara, black liner and Intelligent Nutrient lip balm

A beauty trick I learned from someone else is:

Can't recall right now

My most treasured beauty possession is:

My MAC collection (Shocker! LOL)

When it comes to Limited Edition items, I think:

Buy all the things!

Brands I will no longer buy from are/because:

Maybe Clinique. Most of their products aren’t for me but they do come out with some cute makeup stuff.

Brands I love to buy from are:

MAC, KVD, UD, The Body Deli, Intelligent Nutrients, Omorovicza, I know there is more… I just can’t think lol

If I was going to give a BT Award it would go to/for:

Everyone who participates in the community. I think everyone plays a role in making and keeping this place awesome. Helpful tips/swatches/funnies/pretty things. I think BT has a great group of wonderful women.

My heart races when I see:

A new release (I think we all know this lol)

There are too many:

Neutrals (and youtube stars)

There are not enough:

Edgy / not the norm colors

Three words that describe my beauty philosophy are:

Always have fun!

My biggest product disappointment was:

Can't think of one at the moment

Something I’m waiting to come back in stock is:

Sephora Holo traincase

Ingredients I’m cautious of are/ because:

Lavender. Pretty sure I react to it.

Tell us about your beauty journey. Where you started, where you are now, and where you want to be in the future!:

I don’t know… I always loved makeup even from a very young age. I think the obsession really started when I discovered MAC and the range of colors. I hope to have great skin like my great grand mother when I’m passed 90... if I live that long 😄

Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • bag
  • serge.jpg
  • clapping.gif
  • upload_1195418991345416185.gif
  • upload_4350787245935962811.gif
  • upload_6064742072288724523.gif
testing