Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Fill-in-the-blank Pt. 3 ; Yeah, Another One

Time for another Fill in the Blank game because WHY NOT I LIKE THEM OK?

Per usual some of these may be (and probably are) repeats from previous rounds, but I can’t be bothered to double check. Thanks for playing!

• Three products I’m dying to try are……….
  • My hair is …………….
  • The brand that upsets me the most is………because……….
  • A brand I haven’t tried yet but an interested in is …………...
  • Something I don’t like about the Beauty Industry is ……….
  • If all makeup production stopped FOREVER, I would stock up on ……………
  • A beauty trick I learned from someone else is ……….
  • My most treasured beauty possession is …………
  • When it comes to Limited Edition items, I think ………….
  • Brands I will no longer buy from are ………… because ……………
  • Brands I love to buy from are ……….
  • If I was going to give a BT Award it would go to ………… for ……………
  • My heart races when I see……………….
  • There are too many ………
  • There are not enough ………..
  • Three words that describe my beauty philosophy are ………….
  • My biggest product disappointment was …………
  • Something I’m waiting to come back in stock is ………..
  • Ingredients I’m cautious of are ………. because ………
  • Tell us about your beauty journey. Where you started, where you are now, and where you want to be in the future!

bag

Re: Fill-in-the-blank Pt. 3 ; Yeah, Another One

@ShannonAlexis games are my favourite games!!

• Three products I’m dying to try are………. YTTP's new eye cream, some new shades of MJ Sheer Lip Gel, Hourglass' new liquid liner.
  • My hair is ……………. a nuisance I'd rather not deal with. Haircare is like a negative # on my priority list. I'd shave it all off if I didn't already know my head is oddly shaped.
  • The brand that upsets me the most is……… Jeffree Star because………. I don't understand how it's ok for him to behave the way he does.
  • A brand I haven’t tried yet but an interested in is …………... all the different brands Deciem keeps churning out. With each new brand they come out with I find more things I want to try! It's a pity I only have one face.
  • Something I don’t like about the Beauty Industry is ………. IG'ers and influencers who all look exactly the same. What is happening to individuality?
  • If all makeup production stopped FOREVER, I would stock up on …………… nothing. I think my powder products could last me the rest of my life and I could get by without lipstick. 😄
  • A beauty trick I learned from someone else is ………. to use waterproof mascara to help hold my lash curl (thanks @malday!)
  • My most treasured beauty possession is ………… my Givenchy Kyoto edition lipstick case.
  • When it comes to Limited Edition items, I think …………. there's too much hype, but I'll still buy things if I like them (and then be upset when I can't repurchase them). Fortunately brands (coughBECCAcough) seem to like $$$, so LE isn't really LE anymore and lots of things end up coming back.
  • Brands I will no longer buy from are ………… Too Faced because …………… I miss when they had a sort of vintage vibe. Now everything is way too cutesy for me.
  • Brands I love to buy from are ………. NARS and Suqqu
  • If I was going to give a BT Award it would go to @jemly………… for …………… all of her long and thought out answers, and thought-provoking questionnaires.
  • My heart races when I see………………. blush. Any and all kinds are fair game.  
  • There are too many ……… collaborations with YT'ers, IG people, etc. 
  • There are not enough ……….. base products for people with my undertone.
  • Three words that describe my beauty philosophy are …………. quick, colorful, chameleon
  • My biggest product disappointment was ………… the newer Smashbox eyeshadow primer that comes in different shades. That is literally the worst primer I've ever put on my eyeballz.
  • Something I’m waiting to come back in stock is ……….. the YTTP eye cream and RMS Beauty Champagne Rose luminizer
  • Ingredients I’m cautious of are citrus extracts, pearl and nuts ………. because ……… citrus and pearl give me allergic reactions and my SO is allergic to nuts. All 3 are in more products than you'd think.
  • Tell us about your beauty journey. Where you started, where you are now, and where you want to be in the future! Oh man I don't know, this is a tough question.  I've been wearing makeup on and off since I was 12 or 13.  From the brows I used to draw on with black eyeliner (sooooo bad) to plucking them off to almost nothing at all, I feel like my beauty journey could be summed up through eyebrows.  I still go through phases where I stop wearing makeup for extended periods of time (the last was approximately 4 years ago, and lasted around 1.5 years) but I feel like the act of putting on makeup is a form of self care, in that I am taking a bit of time each day to focus on me. In the future I want to continue to be true to myself and continue to wear whatever makeup I want to wear, regardless of 'the rules'. I don't think any type of product has an age limit, so I will continue to wear my shimmer shadows and glitter for as long as I want to. 🙂

Amen!  May glitter sprinkle outta our wrinkles at 100!!!

And hair care is something I struggle with as well.  I'm generally okay with it being messy as long as my makeup is spot on.  Who's got time to do both?  Time is really just my excuse.

I was just taught for the 20th time how to style my hair by my hairdresser.  Yeah, I'll be needing another lesson.  

@Mochapj  I love your hair!  It always looks so great! Totally agree with you on the age limit. Whatever makes you happy right 😉

Awww, thanks V!

Hair is the thing I always skip when I'm running out of time (which is most of the time!)  If I were wishing for a high tech beauty tool in the future, it would be a machine that would allow me to have any hairstyle without having to do the work to create it 😄

@Mochapj  hahahaha that would totally be awesome! 🙂

• Three products I’m dying to try are……….L'Occitane Divine Cream, Guerlain Orchidee Imperiale Cream, 
  • My hair is ……………. At an awkward growth stage.
  • The brand that upsets me the most is…MAC because……….Too many LE releases. 
  • A brand I haven’t tried yet but an interested in is …………...Chantecaille
  • Something I don’t like about the Beauty Industry is ………. How narcissistic some people are, and better than thou attitudes. 
  • If all makeup production stopped FOREVER, I would stock up on …………… Lip Balm.
  • A beauty trick I learned from someone else is ………. Pat down eyeliner with a matching eye shadow for more pop and longer lasting. 
  • My most treasured beauty possession is ………… Guerlain Star Holiday Balls. 
  • When it comes to Limited Edition items, I think …………. I want them all. And I hate them. 
  • Brands I will no longer buy from are ………… Z Palette because ……………Recent "customer service" issues.
  • Brands I love to buy from are ……….KVD, UD, Too Faced.
  • If I was going to give a BT Award it would go to      @lyravega      for …………… Best Lips, they are my favorite 😄
  • My heart races when I see………………. Pretty Shiny Things. 
  • There are too many ……… LE Items.
  • There are not enough ……….. Budget Friendly Items 🙂
  • Three words that describe my beauty philosophy are …………. Everyone is beautiful.
  • My biggest product disappointment was ………… I can't think of biggest at the moment, but most recent is the ciate dewy stixx. 
  • Something I’m waiting to come back in stock is ……….. Old KVD Palettes. 
  • Ingredients I’m cautious of are ………. Vitamin C because ……… It makes me break out.
  • Tell us about your beauty journey. Where you started, where you are now, and where you want to be in the future!  I started about senior year of high school. Naturally it was with foundation that didn't match my skin. Now I buy things that are pretty but never use. In the future I want to have the skills of all the pretty ladies here and on insta the gram. 

Awww, that is so sweet of you, @Samtian ! Thank you so much! Heart

upload_1195418991345416185.gif

@Samtian @lyravega She truly does have the best lips evah! 💋💋💋

Aww, you, too @pixiedust2 ?! You're "making" me pull Flower while I'm blushing over here....

upload_4350787245935962811.gif

Thank you! Heart

@Samtian  I want to give you an award for this: "How narcissistic some people are, and better than thou attitudes."  OMG totally!

clapping.gif

Thank you for starting this thread @ShannonAlexis! These are always fun and it's interesting to read what everyone else has to say 🙂

• Three products I’m dying to try are………. Viseart shadows, Saucebox shadows (hello Mermaid Life palette!) and Natasha Denona shadows. Basically all the shadows. I have a problem ok?! 😛
  • My hair is ……………. long like a mermaid and people always want to touch it. Like, no! Personal space please. 
  • The brand that upsets me the most is……… Too Faced because………. I love them so much for but their quality in the limited edition collections is so hit or miss. I also don't like that they sold out. 
  • A brand I haven’t tried yet but am interested in is …………... Charlotte Tilbury 
  • Something I don’t like about the Beauty Industry is ………. The constant "limited edition" releases.
  • If all makeup production stopped FOREVER, I would stock up on …………… Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light
  • A beauty trick I learned from someone else is ………. Not to be scared of cream products!
  • My most treasured beauty possession is ………… 2015 Guerlain Holiday Meteorites
  • When it comes to Limited Edition items, I think …………. I like them when they are done well. I don't like that companies seem to push them out just to put them out. It's too much and the quality seems to be lacking. 
  • Brands I will no longer buy from are ………… idk  because …………… I like to try new things!
  • Brands I love to buy from are ………. Hourglass, MUFE, Too Faced
  • If I was going to give a BT Award it would go to ………… everyone who contributes to the community. This place is such a gem because of all the (mostly) lovely people who always give helpful advice and lift each other up. 
  • My heart races when I see………………. beautiful swatches of eyeshadow!
  • There are too many ……… highlighters
  • There are not enough ……….. people patient enough to teach  me how to put on fake eyelashes
  • Three words that describe my beauty philosophy are …………. YOU DO YOU
  • My biggest product disappointment was ………… Alien
  • Something I’m waiting to come back in stock is ……….. nothing right now! 
  • Ingredients I’m cautious of are ………. idk because ……… something in the Bite Amuse Bouche lipsticks gives me a bad reaction. 
  • Tell us about your beauty journey. Where you started, where you are now, and where you want to be in the future! I remember my grandmother always putting on lipstick and letting me put a little on. I was always fascinated with the routine and the time the women in my life would take for themselves to put on makeup and I liked that. I remember my first "lipstick" was from Too Faced. It was more like a tinted lip balm that came in a square package that my mom let me get at a department store. From then I have loved Too Faced and really enjoyed watching them grow. Sephora is the first place I really started my journey so it will always be my special place. 

Three products I’m dying to try are……….Clarisonic Mia, Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation (now that’s it’s ben re-formulated), Josie Maran Healthy Skin Treatment Concentrate

My hair is ……………. Edgy (I shaved the sides back in December, and now I get complimented on my haircut all the time!)

The brand that upsets me the most is………Younique and Mary Kay because………. I associate those brands with “friends” trying to pressure you into buying products.

A brand I haven’t tried yet but an interested in is …………...Charlotte Tilbury

Something I don’t like about the Beauty Industry is ………. that most tutorials are in YouTube video form rather than book form, since I prefer books to videos.

If all makeup production stopped FOREVER, I would stock up on ……………KVD liquid liner and MUFE foundation

A beauty trick I learned from someone else is ………. To use shadow rather than pencil to line my undereyes for a softer look (learned that from Robert Morris)

My most treasured beauty possession is …………my Urban Decay Electric palette

When it comes to Limited Edition items, I think …………. It’s fun to look at the packaging

Brands I will no longer buy from are ………… none come to mind because …………… I’m just not like that.

Brands I love to buy from are ………. Kat Von D, Urban Decay, and Tarte

If I was going to give a BT Award it would go to ………… don’t know for ……………don’t know

My heart races when I see………………. Fun colored lipsticks (like not red or pink – unconventional colors)

There are too many ………matte makeup items

There are not enough ……….. liquid blush options

Three words that describe my beauty philosophy are …………. Moisturizing, shimmery, colorful

My biggest product disappointment was ………… Revlon Matte Mousse, because when Revlon discontinued their Dream Smooth Mousse I decided that maybe Matte Mousse would be the closest thing, but matte foundation on dry skin is never a good look.

Something I’m waiting to come back in stock is ……….. for the KVD Alchemist palette to get back to my local store so I can try it out there.

Ingredients I’m cautious of are ………. Mint-scented stuff because ………it can feel tingly and irritating on the lips/skin.

Tell us about your beauty journey. Where you started, where you are now, and where you want to be in the future!  Nah, I feel like being done with this now.

• Three products I’m dying to try are Stila Glitter and Glow in Sea Siren, Algenist Hydrating Setting Mist, and Butter London Glazen Eye Gloss.
  • My hair is perpetually messy and knotted. #BunLife
  • The brand that upsets me the most is Jeffree Star because I think he is a genuinely awful person so it really burns my biscuits that his brand is so successful. 
  • A brand I haven’t tried yet but an interested in is Saturday Skin (if only because they are aesthetically pleasing to me)
  • Something I don’t like about the Beauty Industry is how competitive it can be (especially on YouTube and Instagram). People are so mean and critical sometimes. 
  • If all makeup production stopped FOREVER, I would stock up on Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue, Nars RCC, and brow gel omg
  • A beauty trick I learned from someone else is not to curl your lashes after using mascara because you could rip your lashes off (Tip courtesy of a girl on the internet who ripped her lashes off)
  • My most treasured beauty possessions are becca amethyst / MAC Guo Pei Red Water Lily blush 
  • When it comes to Limited Edition items, I think they can be treasures or tricks. I wouldn't buy a LE skincare item (unless it's a regular item I like in fancy LE packaging). And some MAC/UD LE items tend to be poor quality. BUT I do love some LE blushes and eyeshadow palettes and some of them have become special treasures in my collection. I try to always wait for reviews if possible.
  • Brands I will no longer buy from are KVD and Too Faced because they just don't work for me. I will also never buy from Dolce and Gabana or Banana or however it's spelled because they upset my mom with their adoption comments. And if you hurt my mom's feelings, you're dead to me.
  • Brands I love to buy from are Nars, Colourpop, LORAC, Hourglass, MAC LE cheek products. (I'm more of a love-this-product than brand kinda gal).
  • If I was going to give a BT Award it would go to @Mochapj for her bomb and timely swatches. So many quality swatches and comparisons!
  • My heart races when I see a new Nars collection or Hourglass powder. Or a cupcake.
  • There are too many highlighters. I love highlighter. But it's been a few years now and most of these look the same. This year seems to be the year of duo-chrome highlighters at least.
  • There are not enough foundation shades. Come on man. Stop being lazy/cheap/pain in the butt.
  • Three words that describe my beauty philosophy are casual, soft, hydrating
  • My biggest product disappointment was Natasha Denona Hydrating Primer. This sucks. I kept it but it makes me angry.
  • Something I’m waiting to come back in stock is Shiseido Translucent Loose Powder
  • Ingredients I’m cautious of are vitamin C (because it triggers my dermatitis) and alcohol denat. (because it's the bad kind of alcohol for your skin)
  • Tell us about your beauty journey. Where you started, where you are now, and where you want to be in the future!

I started using makeup in late high school. I used Estee Lauder Double Wear which didn't match me and I didn't blend down my neck. It was BAD. I feel pretty good about how I do my makeup now. It took a while but I think I finally know what kinds of products/looks that I like on myself. I'd like to get better at wing liner and finding a solid skin care routine, and being even more careful with my purchases. I'm trying not to get caught up in the constant stream of NEW and TRENDY, and focus on things I know are quality and that go with my vibe.

Thank you @ShannonAlexis!!

I have to find and watch the mascara eyelash video now haha!

Three products I’m dying to try are? New NARS concealer, MUFE skin booster, MUFE lip booster
My hair is ... in desperate need of a dye job! My roots are looking pretty grey next to my dark brown and my blue streaks have faded to a very pale blue/grey.
The brand that upsets me the most is.. Tarte because... I've tried to buy so many of their eyeshadows but they all look the same colour on my eyes no matter what they look like in the pan.
A brand I haven’t tried yet but an interested in is … RMS Beauty
Something I don’t like about the Beauty Industry is … all the emphasis on you tube beauty gurus putting out make up lines and collaborations with major companies. I enjoy watching a lot of these people, but it's just gotten to be too much for me lately.  No hate to those who are into it, but not for me.
If all makeup production stopped FOREVER, I would stock up on … concealer!  Dark circles are my complexion woes.
A beauty trick I learned from someone else is … SUNSCREEN!  I know this is widely known but it's the thing I never really bothered with until my mom was diagnosed with melanoma.  My sun spots are so much better now!
My most treasured beauty possession is …nothing springs to mind
When it comes to Limited Edition items, I think … lol, I don't think, I panick, then I realize I don't really need anything and if it was meant to be it'll be there when I'm ready to buy.
Brands I will no longer buy from are ... I don't think I have any...because ... I've never purchased from the few really controversial brands, but no longer even contemplate ordering due to the controversies... I think this is actually what has turned me off the you tube gurus above.
Brands I love to buy from are … MUFE and NARS are my top two, MAC and KVD are two that I've been on a kick with lately
If I was going to give a BT Award it would go to … all the ladies for … always making everyone here so welcome, I am on here daily but dont always post, seeing how encouraging all the regular posters are with new members and each other is very encouraging for someone with social anxiety!
My heart races when I see… a package out for delivery!
There are too many ... highlighters, lol I know I'll get some kickback for this, but I hardly wear it and the sheer number of them coming out is overwhelming! 

There are not enough … Sephora you tube videos using models with actual issues.  The models normally used are very lovely, but a few with more mature or problem skin would be great.  The artists featured in the videos are amazing and I'd just like a bit more diversity.
Three words that describe my beauty philosophy are … natural, fun, relaxing
My biggest product disappointment was … I don't think anything has actually disappointed me too much, mostly it's colour match problems, ordering foundation and concealer online is hard! The nearest   Sephora or major beauty counter is 6/8 hours away, the closest is in another country entirely. 
Something I’m waiting to come back in stock is …nothing right now! 
Ingredients I’m cautious of are …I'll give anything a try! because ... my skin isn't horribly sensitive.
Tell us about your beauty journey. Where you started, where you are now, and where you want to be in the future! My mom took me to the Clinique counter at Sears to get a good foundation.  My skin has never been perfect and her dermatologist had suggested it to her as a better brand, so that's what she had suggested to me when I started to wear make up as a teenager to cover acne. I mostly stuck with non drugstore, mid range make up to cover problems over the years, but have just started to look more at preventive or permanent solutions to my issues.  I've done IPL to rid some sun spots, started in with the sunscreen religiously, and had laser hair removal.  I'm hoping over the next few years to get a great skincare routine down that I can stick to!

@missjeanie I want to try the skin booster too! Waiting on reviews and an ingredient list. Please post about it on BT if you try it out!

Definitely agree about the sephora models. Most of the one's I've seen have perfect skin. It would be great to see not just a range of skin tones, but also ages, and skin types!

Im debating between ordering the skin booster,  lip booster and the new nars concealer. I'm the person that always need a good promo code though, and the Canadian selection is not pushing me to make any orders right now! I'll likely cave within a few weeks!  

@missjeanie  the Canadian selection sucks lol.  I wish we had the MJ coconut one.  I like to place orders when the cashback is high and can get a decent promo 😄

LOL I keep trying it in hopes that by some miracle it'll become available.  I'm not sure if I'm hopeful or punishing myself!

@missjeanie  hahaha I'm glad to know I'm not the only one doing that 😄

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • bag
  • serge.jpg
  • clapping.gif
  • upload_1195418991345416185.gif
  • upload_4350787245935962811.gif
  • upload_6064742072288724523.gif
testing