starletta8

Favorite nail polish color?

After updating my swatch sticks with my recent nail polish purchases, I had to switch some of my colors onto longer nails.

So, it's got me thinking.

What's your favorite nail color?  Not an individual shade- but what's the color (in any shade) that you can't get enough of?  Or keep buying even though you surely have every possible hue?

For me, it's purple.  I've got 49 purples now- which is silly.

emmaclaire

Re: Favorite nail polish color?

(0) Hearts

I LOVE PURPLE!!!!  I never seem to be able to find the perfect purple - I want a deep reddish based purple, very royal, preferably with duochrome and/or glitter.  I have Zoya's Mimi and OPI's Grape...Set...Match! but neither are as vibrant as I'd like.  Any suggestions?

candacebt

Formula X Pedal to the Metal is a deep beautiful purple with a duochrome finish. You might want to try swatching that one to see if you like it. :smileyhappy:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/Formula-X-For-Sephora-The-New-Classics-Reds-amp-Pur...

emmaclaire

(0) Hearts

You are truly an angel sent by the makeup gods!  I'm throwing caution to the wind and buying it - it looks just lovely!

Cassidy304

(0) Hearts

Prism - mermaid green pearl

poemelyric

Mine is Just a Little Dangerous by OPI.  I love purples too. 

onomotopoeia9

and btw, this is why its awesome that the ombre style was invented! that way I can use several shades at once and not feel that I wasted money on colors that are so similar!

dianabt

I have to say "Lincoln Park After Dark" is my go to color. That and my Butter London Matte top coat are my FAVORITE! One extreme to the next as one is a sheer matte nude beige and the other is a dark black/burgundy color- I can't get enough of either!

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
onomotopoeia9

[ Edited ]

I love hot pinks & oranges, but somehow I have way to many neutral light pinks and purples!

In general,I have too many dior nail polishes! I love the texture and the thick flat brush...

WhereYouStand

green or grey

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

Lol If i ever do buy Nail Polish i like to get the Mini OPI sets from Sephora, The miniature polishes are all i need since i only wear them once. 

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Ahhh... I love having the full bottles since I go back to favorites time and time again.

berniebeauty

I got a SMASH mini set from my grandma once for Christmas and she got it at ULTA. I could be completely wrong, but I think each store has different exclusive lines by OPI, and therefore different mini sets, so you might want to check them out too. 

Then again, I might be crazy haha

~We are all beautiful~

berniebeauty

I really love magentas,  like the bright pinks that have cool (blue or purple) undertones. I know that's super specific, but I fell in love with it when I got my nails done at a salon a few years ago and have been infatuated since. 

~We are all beautiful ~

starletta8

(0) Hearts

That's exactly what I was wondering! I don't get my nails done, hence my excuse for having so many colors at home. I have my own salon-worthy collection, lol.

arielaaaaaaaa

Oh wow, You certainly have a lot of polishes. I'm not patient enough to do my nails myself, so i have to go get them done. I love Orange Polishes, I have maybe 5 different ones and take them with me when i go get them done since most people don't have a variety of Orange. 

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I just counted... I'm up to 316.  Yes, I have a nail polish problem.  See, this is really interesting to me since orange is one of the colors where I have the fewest number of bottles!

arielaaaaaaaa

Lol, I usually go to get my nails done thinking "Oh i'll get them pink, or maybe blue" And i come out and they are Orange. I can't help myself!!

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Ah, I never get my nails done- so my nail sticks were my attempt at organization. I have a hard time making a decision.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 14 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • emmaclaire
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • poemelyric
    • dianabt
    • berniebeauty
    • onomotopoeia9