fabme

Eyelash Extensions..... Opinions

Hi Everyone,  I saw a friend this weekend who had the most beautiful eyelashes, they looked real, better than mascara.  I asked if they were false lashes, she whispered.... eyelash extensions!!!!!!

Has anyone here had personal experience with this good or bad?

My eyelashes are short and sparse, mascara helps, but the results are not as nice as the extensions I just saw..... Comments? Opinions, share your experience.......  I would love to hear as I am tempted but see that the price ranges are $80 - 200 for a full set and then, $40 - $75 for relashing 3 weeks later.  I'm tempted....

fabme

Re: Eyelash Extensions..... Opinions

(0) Hearts

Hello Beauties,

I did it!!!!  I went and got my first set of eyelash extensions!!!!  In preparing for my brothers wedding I decided to go all out and pamper myself, Gel Mani/Pedi, 3 hours at the hair salon, and an hour and half getting my first set of eyelash extensions.  Painless and actually quite relaxing just laying down after a long day, while I get beautified.

I think that if you are thinking about it like I have been, Just Do it.  I have short asian lashes which are also sparse.  The lash extension is a look I would never gotten with mascara and are much more comfortable than wearing falsies.  Everyone at work kept complementing me today, taking a double look, nice hair, nice lipstick, but I know it's the eye's but they are not sure!!!!  I got a natural set, which do look natural if you have long lovely lashes....

$150 for first set, $65 for refills every 3-4 weeks.  It's only been 2 days, but so far so good. I wake up looking much more awake and put together though I don't have any makeup on.  A little tinted moisturizer/sunblock and a natural look!  Kick it up a notch with lipgloss/color and a little blush and BAM everyone's taking a second look.

I am more careful when I wash my face, and when taking a shower not to prematurely ruin these lovely lashes. You must protect them to conserve them, so far so good.  I will post an update in a week or two.  I also have a before and after which I will post perhaps in two days!!!!

ashowee

(0) Hearts

So... I had a boss that RAVED about her eyelash extensions. She loved them. I wanted them worse then bad after how much she raved about them, but hesitated because of the price. About a month ago I had them applied. They looked gorgeous! OMG! So Pretty! However, I hated them! They felt weird when I washed, because they were very stiff (I don't know if all are like this). Also, as they grew out (because I'm a picker) I could feel where they started in my lashes which I really hated.

Despite my experience, I think that you should get them because you need to at least try it. I've heard such mixed reviews that I think it's a very personal thing. You may love them but you may hate them. Good luck!

fabme

(0) Hearts

Just seeing you post now.  On my new lashes I cannot see where they start, they are blended in pretty well, in fact they look like one lash, I have to look for a few of my baby lashes.  Upon initial application, they felt a little heavy but after a day, they are quite light and don't bother me at all.  I got silk lashes, do feel a little stiff, but not hard by any means, stiff enough to hold a curl.

ashhay

I absolutely loved them when I could afford the habit. You definitely need to do your research because so people are just trying to make a quick buck. Nova lash and I believe extendalash certifies their students. I learned that when I drove out to some ladies' place in Maryland and she had my lids glued together . From that day forward, I was checking on everything I possibly could when it came to what person did my lashes.

fabme

(0) Hearts

I know it's pricey.... but seems so tempting and convenient...  Thank you for sharing your experience!

talinder

[ Edited ]

I was thinking of getting extensions for a one time event (wedding). Would getting them once or twice cause lashes to fall out? Isn't it cheaper to just use Lastisse?

fabme

(0) Hearts

I think Latisse may have side effects as well.  And it may take months to see results.  Extensions if done properly I would hope give instant gratification...

seemee22

I've been getting them off and on for about 6 years. I LOVE them. When I first started going they only did extension,and nothing else. No facials,nails,hair,etc. Initially I was asked several questions about my lifestyle habits. Such as do I rub my eyes? Do I pick at my eyelashes? Surprisingly, I know a lot of women who do. I had no issues/problems with my real lashes falling out. It was pricey at first.

I pay $150 for a full set, and I believe it's $80 for a "fill". I would go about 4-5 weeks before a fill. I had no difficulty with swimming,showering or even washing my face. I used the double cleansing oil method,and the oil did not weaken the bonding agent. 

fabme

(0) Hearts

thank you for sharing your experience with the extensions... i'm very interested..... and have narrowed down to 2-3 places.

mpolansky

I have friends who do it as well and they look gorgeous. I'm way too scared though with how sensitive my skin is... all I can think of is Kristin Chenoweth having a reaction to the glue. Youtube a video of it...she was such a good sport! 

If you do it, you have to show us before and after pics!

fabme

(0) Hearts

trust me I am scared but also vanity is getting the best of me......

thank you for your reply I will look up the youtube video.

DitzCore

I would never get extensions just due to the fact I've heard some scary horror stories. Supposedly if you don't keep them touched up they will take out your real eyelashes? I don't know if this is true or not but that was more then enough to push me away.

Sexy eyelashes for a few weeks and bald lids afterwards. Yeahhh. . . I'll pass.

fabme

(0) Hearts

I've seen some botched jobs on the internet and yes that does scare me, hence I'm trying to be diligent to find someone professional, using top products etc.  A friend has suggested I try false eyelashes first, which I have never tried... lol I guess I'm an extremist, when I find out about something I research it to death....  Thank you for sharing your concerns and thoughts they are helpful.

DesertRose0706

i get them and LOVE them!  They are pricey, but definitely worth it!  It is sooo nice waking up every morning to gorgeous lashes, and I have to do is brush them with a lash brush!.  They are pricey, but I am always able to find good deals on Groupon for a full set.   I usually see a full set for $89 or $99 and sometimes a full set and your first fill for $99.  In fact, I just bought one  for a full set today and will be getting a full set tomorrow.    I get fills every 4 weeks, which seems to be a good time frame, as your lashed naturally fall out and grow back in, so new lash extensions need to be attached to the new lashes.

The only negative thing, is on occasion they will kind of bother my eyes and I am tempted to pull at them.  This actually happened last week, and I went a little crazy and pulled them ALL out (which is why I have to get a full set).  They dont bother me very often, and when they do, I just need to make a point NOT to touch them and they stop bothering me in just a few mins.    

Also, you want to make a point not to touch your eyes at all, get your lashes wet too often (dotn wash them when washing face), dont use oil based products on your eyes (it can break down the glue), and dont sleep on them.  They last longer and look better longer if you are very careful with them.

I recommend just going and getting them and you will see for yourself how great they are!

jojobe

Not to sound stupid, but how do you not sleep on them?? Do they feel heavy on your lashes? When I have tried false ones, they feel like something is crawling on my eyes. Thanks DesertRose! I just wanted to see if I could wear these without irritation.

DesertRose0706

well, I am a side sleeper, and am able to avoid my lashes touching my pillow by positioning my pillow and head very precariously, lol.  They actually also make special donut pillows specifically for gals with lash extensions, but I think thats a little much myself haha.

And they dont feel heavy to me.  I also hate the way false lashes fell, but I dont even notice the extensions.  Sometimes the end glued closest to my eye will poke my skin if a blink hard or rub my eye, but that is the only time I "feel" them and its not often and it doesnt hurt.

jojobe

Thanks! i am thinking of having them done in a couple of weeks. I am nervous though! 

fabme

We can be  nervous together.... I haven't made my appointment yet, the popular well known places are booked a week or 2 out, unless I take time off during the week to squeeze this in...

DesertRose0706

Dont be nervous, you will love them!  And if you dont like them, you can always take them off :smileyhappy:

fabme

(0) Hearts

Do they need to be professionally taken off, with adhesive remover?

I'm assuming this, but not sure if we can do it at home with an oil based product.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 40 replies
  • 43 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • ashhay
    • jojobe
    • seemee22
    • talinder
    • fabme
    • vinga