fabme

Eyelash Extensions..... Opinions

Hi Everyone,  I saw a friend this weekend who had the most beautiful eyelashes, they looked real, better than mascara.  I asked if they were false lashes, she whispered.... eyelash extensions!!!!!!

Has anyone here had personal experience with this good or bad?

My eyelashes are short and sparse, mascara helps, but the results are not as nice as the extensions I just saw..... Comments? Opinions, share your experience.......  I would love to hear as I am tempted but see that the price ranges are $80 - 200 for a full set and then, $40 - $75 for relashing 3 weeks later.  I'm tempted....

DesertRose0706

Re: Eyelash Extensions..... Opinions

(0) Hearts

when i took mine off, i just peeled them off with my fingers which worked fine.  You can also get them removed professionally, which might be a better idea.   But unless you want to take them all off and stop getting fills, they will fall off naturally when your real eyelash naturally falls off.

vinga

I have some experience with eyelash extensions :smileyhappy:
I had them and went to get a touch up every 3 - 5 weeks for about a year in total. 
First of all, it's very expensive! And in my case, I got hooked. They looked so pretty and people were constantly complimenting me on "my" long and beautiful eyelashes! (Even though many times I also got "Nice extension". Which I'm not sure I enjoyed hearing) So I couldn't get enough and always went back to get touch ups.
But the thing is, they look absolutely gorgeous for the first week, maybe two weeks, it varied. After that I had random spaces between my lashes which looked really weird. And I was constantly thinking about them, if they were falling out, being careful not to rub my eyes, making sure they were not looking weird. And wearing mascara on them was weird and kind of hard, and not really recommended because it can prevent your lashes from lasting longer.
When I moved to a new town, there was no one offering eyelash extension so I had to quit!

But it was hard, because after loosing your fake lashes you really feel like your eyes are naked. And I had lost plenty of my own eye lashes. It took me about two to three (Depressing!) months to get them back to like they were before with some help from eyelash conditioner. And today, I can't imagine getting the extensions again.

But this is just my experience! :smileyhappy:

fabme

thank you for sharing your experience... I already know that I am going to be thinking about this until I try it..... at least once!!!!

vinga

(0) Hearts

Yes, try and see how you like them! :smileyhappy: 

And maybe let us know how you feel about them! =)

xoxcrystal

i liked mine when i had mine done. it was really pretty and looked full yet still very natural.

IMG_1694.JPG

i was wearing glasses the day i got them and it was a little hard having them on with glasses

fabme

(0) Hearts

Thanks for sharing the picture, they look lovely.  I wear contacts. Are they a problem for contact lense wearers?

xoxcrystal

(0) Hearts

no it's not a problem. the first 48 hours is crucial because you're not supposed to get them wet since the glue still needs that time to fully cure so that's why they suggest wearing glasses prior and for the next 48 hours after getting them done.

garnett

I had extensions done a few years ago.   They looked great but they also had issues.  Lashes falling out, my lashes falling out, needing to go back often to have relashing done...sigh.  Perhaps part of the issues was due to the fact that the woman at the salon wasn't very good at applying them.  I did it for a summer and then just took them off and went back to my natural look.  If you want to have them done for a special occasion I think that's a great idea.   It's the long term wear and relashing that may bring issues.  Good Luck!

fabme

(0) Hearts

Thanks Garnett.... I have a big family wedding in May, and probably want to keep them on for as long as I can maintain them.  Do you recommend I get them done well before the wedding? and just relash for the event so that I can get use to them?  Or is that not necessary?

garnett

(0) Hearts

It's not a bad idea to get used to them ahead of time.  I didn't find them to be uncomfortable but you do need to get used to anything that is new.   I was give a special mascara that is made for extensions.   I didn't use it all the time but I liked it when I wanted a more dramatic eye.   If you get this you can give it a few wearing to be sure it works for you.   I think you will enjoy your Luxe  lashes,  at least for a while.  :smileyhappy: 

Urbie

I haven't ever gotten extensions before, but I do see groupons for them at least 1x a week.  Just in case you do decide to try them out, they usually include the full set and one relashing, around $80 total, sometimes cheaper :smileyhappy:

fabme

thank you for the tip.... I will want to find a place with good reviews and also affordable..... and a convenient location....

FancyPantzy

[ Edited ]

fabme

I've been reading reviews, you tube, etc.  My friend says it's painless, the eyelashes are almost weightless.

She did mention being careful when washing your face and when showering.... 

My eyelashes are already short and sparse, I couldn't imagine them being worse, or could they get worse.... hmmm.

I am hoping the yelp reviews will find me a good local professional.  My friend lives an hour south of me, and I am hoping to find a local place as I will probably need to do follow up for at least a few times if I can go through with it and can live with them on....

Thanks for your reply.

lecia1167

I've had eyelash extensions. I liked them, but they are hard on your real eyelashes.

fabme

(0) Hearts

Lecia, Would you do it again?  Were they hard to maintain???

Thanks for sharing

lecia1167

(0) Hearts

I didn't maintain them. I only did them once. I don't think they're hard to maintain because you just need to go in every 3 weeks to get them filled. I just thought they were too pricey to maintain.

But I say go for it! Get the set and see if you like them. Oh! and FYI: The lashes don't all fall out in a nice way. In other words, you may have a few in one area, and it can look at bit weird.

fabme

hmmmm, they all don't fall out in a nice way.  That was nicely put.  Something to consider.

Thank you for the info.

gogreyhound

I don't have personal experience, other than what you just had happen to you! I have seen several ladies with amazing lashes, and they told me they had extensions. They looked natural! Made me want them...but I am going to try Latisse when I can afford it.

fabme

(0) Hearts

gogreyhound, serioiusly they look soooo nice.  I am looking into eyelash serums as well, but the extensions look like instant gratification.... I'm going to a wedding in May, might do it for the event.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 40 replies
  • 43 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • ashhay
    • jojobe
    • seemee22
    • talinder
    • fabme
    • vinga