kbmatthews

Eye makeup contest: July 2nd - 10th

[ Edited ]

**Extending deadline until July 13th**

The theme is:
4th of July vs Canada Day.

Feel free to incorporate any icons, animals, colours, shapes, etc that remind you of those two celebrations! Get creative!

Please remember this is fantasy wear, so go wild, and think outside the box!

Full rules:

Spoiler

Posting Rules:

1. One eye open, one eye closed.

2. You can have multiple entries, but please post them separately. Only your highest rated photo can win (no multiple wins for the same person in one contest)

3. Must be of yourself not someone else.

You will be judged on:

Creativity

Maintaining Theme

Clean Work

Use of Color

Area to be judged:

Hair line above forehead down to cheek bone.
Hairline at temple over to mid nose.

Scoring:
Heart count ~ Vote for one or all
I have four anonymous judges, who will rank the entries, each month, by:

1st place = 10Hearts

2nd place = 7 Hearts

3rd place = 5 Hearts

The judges will PM me to keep all votes private. Judges may also participate, they just can not vote for themselves.

This should a lot of fun and allow the crazy creative side to shine! Please feel free to use crystals, falsies, etc, anything to complete your design.

Please remember this is your eye area, so safety first.

What do you win?
There will be a grand prize of a $50 GC to Sephora at the end of the year, and two $10 GC winners.

1st place winner gets their name entered 5 times, 2nd place get their name entered 2 times, and 3rd place gets their name entered once. The more months you play and win, the better your chances are to win!

Good luck and can't wait to see what you create!

m3rma1d

Re: Eye makeup contest: July 2nd - 10th

So.... when is the August one? :smileyhappy:

andyhtrieu

And who won?? :smileyhappy:

m3rma1d

[ Edited ]

well, I don't like to toot my own horn but... I did get the most heart-votes.

And then no one ever said anything after that.

:/

notcreative

You won in my eyes, but I am not a judge.  That said, I really liked all four entries.  You're all better and more brave than I am.

andyhtrieu

toot toot

Cupcakecandy

Haha :smileywink: but yeah i was wondering the same thing about who won... I mean yeah m3rma probs won :smileyhappy: but the voting was secret so we don't really know for sure about 2nd/3rd

andyhtrieu

[ Edited ]

LAST MINUTE ENTRY!

DSC05745.JPG

DSC05744.JPG

you cant see the true blue color ):

fatimamummy

Ah its super good Andy, I can never wear any thing under eye without making a big mess.

Cupcakecandy

Yeah, the liner looks perfect andy! It looks like you used tape-I should try that! :smileyhappy: I really like the lashes too-looks like a double wing!

notcreative

[ Edited ]

Your liner is applied perfectly.  Do not forget your one eye open picture.

andyhtrieu

Thank you! The only problem is I can never make it even on my left eye. But I never wear eye makeup outside, so it doesn't really matter. 

And I re uploaded the pictures and they should be working now :smileyhappy:

andyhtrieu

(0) Hearts

WHAT TIME DOES THIS CONTEST END? 

Cupcakecandy

Yeah..I hope more people will enter before it ends! I am going to be stalking this thread LOL

IRISHQUEEN

Just wow! I just got done washing my eye(s) / face again lol ! I started out pretty good w/ some white's blue's and then it all went down hill while drawing a star on my lid (the shame) bahaha! My son came to tell me goodnight and he was like Oh Moma what are you doing? We decided to turn my (cough) star into a "shooting star" b/c I blinked but it was all downhill from there! Oh well, at least I got to use some of my new stuff (stuff I wasn't even sure I liked) & I LOVE the Sephora Mascara in Blue, it's super GORG> w/ green eye's or any eye's I am sure! Well, I tried & Best of Luck everyone!

Cupcakecandy

Aww I'm sorry to hear that,but it's cute how you and your son worked together! :smileyhappy: And that's good to know because I've been wanting to try colored mascara for the first time. Will def check out the Sephora one!

Cupcakecandy

Oh geez, my eyebrows look wonky in these pictures-I apologize :smileywink: I basically recreated my July 4th look, but I really wish I had taken these pictures in better lighting. The blue is much deeper in real life, and I don't like how my camera is picking up on my baby eyebrow hairs :smileyvery-happy: Anywhoo, this was so much fun so thank you to kbmatthews for hosting the contest and anyone else involved! Good luck to everyone! Hopefully, more pretty looks will be posted by the end of tonight! I can't wait to see them!

RSCN2328.JPG

RSCN2399.JPGRSCN2389.JPGRSCN2380.JPG

notcreative

I just realized I never hearted or commented.  That was an oversight, because I thought I hearted everyone.  They were all fantastic looks.  I like your use of glitter (sparkles) as stars.  It was pretty and clever.  

Cupcakecandy

Aw thanks! That's sweet of you to come back :smileyhappy:

notcreative

(0) Hearts

It popped up in the feed because of the recent comments.  Before I declared the winner in my eyes (as if my opinion matters), I wanted to ensure I saw all of them.  That is when I noticed I hearted all of them and somehow missed yours.  I meant to heart it, so I probably got distracted.  I remember seeing the picture and liking it, so getting distracted was the only excuse.

knuevekm

Your look is very fun! I like the sparkles on the blue :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 56 replies
  • 117 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • malday
    • lylysa
    • Cupcakecandy