sephoramusthave

EMPTIES NO BUY CHALLENGE

Hello BT friends! May is just around the corner and I think it would be a good time to clear a bit of our stash this spring! Here are the rules.....

1. items must belong to makeup or skincare category ( haircare and bodycare items are too easily used up)

2. Use up TEN full sized makeup/skincare items

3. put empties in zip loc bag ( you can put start date and end date on baggy if you wish so that you can see how long it takes you to use up those 10 products)

4. NO SHOPPING unless you *completely* run out of something ( look around and see if you have foil packets or deluxe samples around first)

5. post your bag of 10 used up products here! Talk about the items if you wish and whether or not you would repurchase.

And.....go!

sephoramusthave

Re: EMPTIES NO BUY CHALLENGE

stuff1.jpgstuff2.jpg

sephoramusthave

Empties Challenge #2 completed!

List of empty products:

1. thayers alcohol free toner, rosepetal

2. l'occitane fresh face water

3. thabalm timebalm white tea cranberry invigorating eye cream

4. juice organics pompeptide facial moisturizer

5. earth science naturals active age defense whipped cream cleanser

6. tarina tarantino dollskin powder, transculent tulle

7. neutrogena pure and free liquid sunscreen

8. neutrogena pure and free liquid sunscreen

9. urban decay eyeshadow, sin

10. flower beauty on your mark liquid eye liner, black

11. too faced chocolate soleil bronzer ( mini)

BrideSona

How long does it take for you to finish the products? Do any of them expire before you get a chance to finish them?

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

bridesona---It really depends on the item. This particular baggy took me at least 2 months to fill up. Skincare I go through a lot faster than makeup. I've never had an item expire on me. I'm sure I have some eyeshadows that are "older" than their 12 M or 24M mark, but I've never had anything actually go bad. My UD Sin eyeshadow I've had for less than a year, its a staple product that I use a lot. If I didnt have it in my naked palette and another UD duo (sin/mushroom) I would be running to the store to get another!

sephoramusthave

I think I need to get back on this. I got an unbelievable amt of new stuff ( mostly bday gifts) and I spent a lot myself....( my newest obsession is my stila in the moment palette).....yeesh. Anyway, have enough great stuffs to keep me occupied for awhile so another no buy it is!

sangova

You finished eyeshadow?! Bravo! Is it even possible ? ))) 

michelleshops

I finished an eyeshadow once.  I don't think I can ever do it again.  

sangova

You are a hero! I've never ever finished an eyeshadow or bronzer :smileyhappy: 

Joannimation

That is amazing! How do you go through makeup products so quickly?

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

joannimation---It actually takes me a little while to use up products. I think it took me 2 months to fill up the second baggy. Skincare I go through pretty quickly if I use the same products everyday.

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

sangova---Its been a while actually since I've used up a full sized shadow, but urban decay sin is a staple lid color that I wear very often with nearly every color/eye look. I like to wear it by itself or with a matte chocolate brown shadow in the outer corner and crease. :smileyvery-happy:

michelleshops

Nice job!  You are quite the empties/no buy inspiration! 

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

michelleshops----Thank you! I'm a little disappointed that I didn't use up that many makeup products this time around, its mostly skincare. Hopefully my next baggy will have more empty makeup products in it. :smileyvery-happy:

Great job everyone, keep up the good work!

ChicDabbler

lol, you probably want to ask your question as a new thread instead of hiding it on a spoiler tag. I like Boscia Purifying cleanser and Clarins Gentle foam, not sure if they are oil free. Don't know about the primers.

Joannimation

Haha, yeah, I should...but I feel a little guilty being part of a no-buy challenge and then asking the community what I should get :/

I also have some deluxe samples of cleansers, which I usually save for travel. However, that was one of the rules above - to not buy anything until you use up everything you have of that item.

I figured if I hide my questions, I can bend the rules a little :smileyhappy:

nishcakes

OMG! You mean I have to buy everything by tomorrow?! FULL SIZED?! We have to make an exception...

levid

I'm in! Tomorrow is my last trip to ulta and sephora to finish out my insane spending in April. Then on to a no buy May sigh..... Fingers crossed the hubs will take the hint when new products come out (that's not cheating....right?) I'm sure I can kill a ton of deluxe sample skin care and I just hit pan in my orgasm though I do have a spare of that. I have a ton of mac stuff to use up too. I can do this....I WILL DO THIS! New mantra for May 

annec322

Ok, I bought the perfume I needed today and I'm all set to do this no buy now.  I can be brave.  :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Ok, gentle start. I can do 5 full size and 5 mini/sample. I need some encouragement (see things finished) so I think I will keep that ratio.

10empty.jpg

1. L'occitane Apple Almond cleansing oil - had it for so long it's been discontinued almost a yr. First step of double cleanse but I stopped after I found KGD cleansing water. Time to finish this baby.
  2. Watercress facial spray from Super by Dr. Perricone - got it when Sephora was phasing out Super, didn't like the wilted lettuce scent but it's really not that bad. I need to get myself to use it every morning....
  3. Chamomile Eye makeup remover from The Body Shop - brought it back when everyone was raving about it, but just not loving it and stopped using when I found KGD. 
  4. Origins Charcoal mask - when I don't use this, my pores get clogged, so it's the item in here I use most frequently.
  5. Korres lip butter - brought it cuz everyone raves about it. Eh. 
  6. Buxom lip gloss - brought a set of 6 last yr and haven't finished a single one. I'm determined to finish at least one.
  7. KVD foundation - in the process of getting through the multitude of packets to find my foundation shades.
  8. PTR laser scrub - I want to like this, but not sure if my skin do.....
  9. Coach citrus perfume sample - too lime-y but, meh.
  10. Coach freesia perfume sample - too artificial/sweet but, meh

I'll probably finish skincare faster than makeup but, that's that for a start. 0.0

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

beautytester---Good job on using up 4 of your products! And where did you get those KVD foundation sample packets, its soo cute! I love my buxom glosses, I used up a couple mini's a few months back and then bought a set of 6 as well and I love them! I have a full sized April that I'm running low on. I also have the Korres lip butter in guava and don't like it much....but will make myself use it up lol.

I've replenished some of the skincare that I've used up/am about to use up soon and made a large tjmaxx haul ( Ole Henriksen! Jeffery James Botanicals! Andalou Naturals! ) :smileyvery-happy:

I reorganized my backup skincare and I had to dedicate one of my dresser drawers to just my backup stash. O.O Methinks that I need to do this empty challenge again soon...

RandeeBT

I love the Origins Charcoal mask! It's definitely a must have product for me! :smileyhappy: 

Best,
Randee
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 71 replies
  • 132 hearts
  • 19 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • michelleshops
    • sephoramusthave
    • ChicDabbler