sephoramusthave

EMPTIES NO BUY CHALLENGE

Hello BT friends! May is just around the corner and I think it would be a good time to clear a bit of our stash this spring! Here are the rules.....

1. items must belong to makeup or skincare category ( haircare and bodycare items are too easily used up)

2. Use up TEN full sized makeup/skincare items

3. put empties in zip loc bag ( you can put start date and end date on baggy if you wish so that you can see how long it takes you to use up those 10 products)

4. NO SHOPPING unless you *completely* run out of something ( look around and see if you have foil packets or deluxe samples around first)

5. post your bag of 10 used up products here! Talk about the items if you wish and whether or not you would repurchase.

And.....go!

sangova

Re: EMPTIES NO BUY CHALLENGE

I'm joining this challenge. I counted all my beauty related products except nail polish and perfume, and I have 480 items... I don't know if I should be happy or depressed :smileyhappy: So, my no-buy starts right now )) 

sephoramusthave

Yay sangova! I cant wait to see your empties! I'm so excited! I love to see what others are using at the moment.

I really should be switching to my fall perfumes right about now, but the weathers here still very much summery lol. Fragrance usually takes me a long time to finish because its not something I put on everyday. 

sangova

I guess the hardest part is not to use a product up, but not to buy anything at all :smileyhappy:

sephoramusthave

Its easier when you think of it in terms of rewarding yourself with new items when you finish. Think of a beauty item that you really want  but dont need, then tell yourself that you will buy that item once you use up 10 empties. When you use up one product, you'll get excited and will want to finish. :smileyvery-happy:

ChicDabbler

@sephoramusthave. I got the KVD foundation packet from a trade with Rikkie, who got it as a promo trio from Sephora I think. It's too thick for my liking so I mixed it with UD naked foundation. *sigh* My main problem are the lip gloss and Korres. I'm really not a gloss girl and it's gonna take me forever to finish it...X.X

fran11

Fun! I just made a visit to Sephora last night and was feeling a little guilty of how much I spent. Maybe using up some stuff I already have will help me feel better. Obviously none of the new stuff is on my list of targeted items as I am not that ambitious or self-restrained. :-)

1. Ren Rosa Centifolia No. 1 Purity Cleansing Balm

2. Origins Zero Oil Toner

3. Origins Clear Improvements Charcoal Mask

4. Shiseido Ibuki Refining Moisturizer

5. Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment

6. Shisedo Ultimate Sun Protection SPF 50 (I use this on my face only, so no cheating here!)

7. Nars Laguna Bronzer

8. Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara (brow gel)

9. MAC All That Glitters Eyeshadow

10. Neutrogena Oil Control Primer

My exception to the rule is once I use up my cleansing balm I will purchase another balm or cleansing oil as it is how I prefer to remove my makeup.  I have no other backup products like this waiting in the wings so it will be a must buy for me.

sephoramusthave

Yay Fran!!!

I've used the ren cleansing balm before and the origins charcoal mask, both fantastic products! And I have nars laguna in my orgasm/laguna duo (almost out) and I own mac all that glitters as well :smileyvery-happy: You have excellent taste my BT friend :smileyvery-happy:

fran11

[ Edited ]

As do you my BT friend! It has been forever since I have paid a visit to BT!  Hope all is well :-)

sephoramusthave

Finished! The rest of my empties are shown in pic :smileyvery-happy:

emptys.jpg

Complete list of finished products:

1. juice organics pomwash facial cleanser

2. nature by canus all natural hydrating facial scrub

3. Maybelline the falsies mascara, blackest black

4. sibu beauty sea buckthorn clarifying toner

5. benefit dallas bronzer

6. benefit fake up concealer, light

7. yes to carrots nourishing softening facial mask

8. MAC penultimate eye liner, rapidblack

9. thayers alcohol free toner, rosepetal

10. acure organics sensitive facial cream

11. smashbox full exposure mascara, jet black

sephoramusthave

Fran!!!

Everything's been good! I cant wait to see your empties! :smileyvery-happy:

sephoramusthave

Thank you Laura and Fran! I've been on no buy since I think April so I cant wait to get some new goodies! I will be hitting Sephora later on today with a friend :smileyvery-happy:  Will post my haul when I get home! Love you guys and I couldn't have done it without my BT friends joining in for support!

fran11

Sounds like you will have a nice celebratory Sephora haul to share with us later! Have fun!! :smileyhappy:

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

I will post my haul here! This was fun you guys! I like the fact that I can shop guilt free and that I've cleared a bit of my stash before spending more money. I actually surprised myself because I used up about as many makeup items as I did skincare ( 5 m/u + 6 skin). Usually my no buys end up being pretty much all skincare. YAY!

sephoramusthave

Yaaaaayyyyyy! I went to Sephora last night! Woo! I don't have my bag of goodies with me right now so this is what I bought! I'm so so so excited! I kept my promise to myself, which was to buy 3 things off of my loves list from Sephora when I complete the challenge.

1. urban decay naked palette

2. nars matte multiple, vientiane

3. soap and glory lipbalm, juicy peach

Joannimation

Ahhh, how exciting! I love love love my Naked Palette. I got mine in April and might be hitting pan soon on Naked :smileyhappy:

I've been not as productive with my Empties No Buy :smileysad: Ended up getting a lot of new stuff that replaces what I wanted to empty, but I've switched back to my Empties commitment products and am very dedicated to using them up :smileyhappy:

fran11

Impressive! Congrats on the lifting of your no-buy! :smileyhappy:

laura819

Good job!

Joannimation

image.jpghere are my ten! (Not pictured: Jack Black lip balm in black tea & blackberry)

Spoiler

1. Jack Black lip balm: I use this during the day, but not very consistently. This will force me to use it regularly when I'm sitting at my desk. I have so many lip balms at my desk, so I'm going to focus on emptying out my jack black first.

2. Nivea lip butter in Caramel Kiss: I slather this onto my lips every night before bed. My lips are always dry, so maybe I can amp up the usage and apply more often when I'm home.

3. Neutrogena pore refining cleanser: I know this bottle already looks empty. There's about a handful of pumps left, but I figured I could include it since I never have more than one cleanser on hand (unless I get one in a subscription box). Speaking of which...does anyone have a recommendation for an oil-free, lightweight, hydrating cleanser?

4. Clarins mattifying lotion: I've had this for about a year, and I have about 1/4 of the bottle left. It works. My face doesn't get shiny, but I want something more hydrating. Suggestions anyone?

5. MUFE Pro Finish Powder in Golden Sand: I've had this for a loooong time, but it's perfect for me. The color is a little darker than I am now, so I'm ready to start using something new (already bought a lighter shade). I can't wait to use up the rest of that product!

6. Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser: I got this because I saw so many people raving about it and the price is reasonable for a test run. i go through primer pretty quickly, so this should finish up fairly quickly. I'm not obsessing over it, so probably not going to rebuy. I have a full size Porefessional to go through after.

7. Shiseido Broad Spectrum SPF 50 sunscreen: I use this daily and love it. It's bound to become an empty by the end of summer, when I will restock because this is now a must have!!

8. Clinique All About Eyes Rich eye cream: I've only been using this eye cream for about a week, so verdict is still out on this one. I don't think this is an anti-aging formula, so I might have to try something else. Even though it's brand new, I still don't plan on getting another eye cream until I use up this one. Plus, you can never put on too much eye cream.

9. OH Invigorating Night Gel: this is part of my nightly routine, and while I'm not too sure what it does, my routine is working for me, so I don't want to change it up. I'm expecting to use this up fairly quickly as well. this also smells really great!

10. OH Truth Serum: I only started using this when I got The Works during Chic Week. Nt sure how I lived without it! the citrusy smell makes me want to keep applying! I know since I started using Truth Serum, my face has gotten a lot brighter, and my skintone is more even. This is probably my favorite product. I picture myself having gone through 6 bottles by the end of the year 😄

Joannimation

Updated list! I've switched up my routine a bit, but all the items listed below were items I already had when I started the Empties No-Buy. Details listed in the spoiler :smileyhappy:

1. Buxom Lip Cream mini in Mudslide - 15% left
  2. Vaseline Lip Therapy - 70% left
  3. Deluxe Josie Maran Cleansing Oil - 18-20% left
  4. Clarins Mattifying Lotion - 10% left
  5. Covergirl Simply Ageless Foundation - 80-85% left
  6. Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser - 30%
  7. Shiseido Broad Spectrum SPG 50 sunscreen - 35-40% left
  8. Urban Decay Cannonball Mascara - about a month of shelf life left
  9. OH Sheer Transformation - 50% left
  10. Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Serum - 30-40% left
Spoiler
1. Jack Black lip balm: Haven't been using it much. I leave it at work and used to apply throughout the day, but now I'm using my mini Buxom Lip Cream in Mudslide at my desk instead. Thinking I will swap this in place of Jack as there's only about 15% left!
2. Nivea lip butter in Caramel Kiss: Haven't touched this in a while either. I've found that Vaseline Lip Therapy works wonders at keeping my lips soft and smooth! If I have dead skin, it also removes them in the morning! I've been using this daily and will also swap this one in place of the Nivea :smileyhappy:
3. Neutrogena pore refining cleanser: EMPTIED! Yayyy, I used this one up. Won't be repurchasing because it was pretty harsh. Using both the Josie Maran Cleansing Oil deluxe size and a Clinique cleanser. The Clinique cleanser still feels a little strong for me. I think it's because I used to use my Clarisonic daily. Have some other deluxe travel mini cleansers to get to when the Clinique is emptied. Close to emptying my Josie Maran one soon! 18-20% left!
4. Clarins mattifying lotion: Still using this daily! Don't know what it is, but I just can't seem to finish this moisturizer! It still works fine, but I'm getting sick of it and want to try something new! I bought a replacement a while back (thinking it'd be emptied around the same time). Can't wait to start using the new one. This still has about 10% left, but last time I checked in, it was about 18%, so...slooooowly going down.
5. MUFE Pro Finish Powder in Golden Sand: At the beginning of June, I got into liquid foundations and put this one off to the side. After going through my stash, I found my Covergirl Simply Ageless Foundation - a cream foundation. And since cream will go bad before powder, I'm going full force on this Covergirl foundation, putting aside the powder and my HG Guerlain LDP. It's hard to measure how full this is...I want to say there's still 80-85% left. The expiration date of this is Jan 2015. Hopefully I can empty it by my birthday in October!
6. Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser: I switched to the Guerlain Meteorites primer for a while, but went back to this to empty it! There's about 30% left. Using it daily!
7. Shiseido Broad Spectrum SPF 50 sunscreen: This sunscreen lasts forever! I've been using this exclusively and daily since I got it in April, and there's still a good 35-40% left! Maybe I'm not putting enough on? Even with my thin layer, my skin turns a couple shades lighter, so I don't want to put too much on. (Luckily, the Covergirl also has some SPF.) Hopefully I can finish this by the end of August and get the Clarins one!
8. Clinique All About Eyes Rich eye cream: I gave up on this eye cream. I was using it for a while but I think it was giving me milia and stopped. I've been using a sample of the Caudalie Premier Cru Eye Cream, which is amazing. I will wait until the Fall Sale to get it. In the mean time, I'm using OH Roll On Ultimate Lift Gel. I don't see anything different, but at least the bumps have diminished significantly. Replacing this with an eye makeup product: my Urban Decay Cannonball Mascara. I got this in April and had been using it daily up until the beginning of June when I got the Majolica Majorca Edge Meister Mascara. Now I switch off between the two but have been using Cannonball more. This works in conjunction with the Josie Maran Cleansing Oil. The Edge Meister can only be removed with Lancome BiFacil. I expect to toss this mascara around the same time I finish the oil.
9. OH Invigorating Night Gel: I have a couple Shiseido White Lucent products that I forgot about and have had for over a year. I'm switching between the Shiseido and OH. I will swap this out for my OH Sheer Transformation as I use that one up much faster than the night gel. Sheer Transformation is at about 50% right now.
10. OH Truth Serum: I also have a Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Serum. It's a deluxe size and easier to empty, so I'm swapping these two. My excitement over the Truth Serum has also dissipated. Maybe because I haven't used it in so long, but I just don't see any difference with it.
sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

My recent emptys baggy!

stuff3.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 71 replies
  • 132 hearts
  • 19 in conversation
    • prettyinpa