daisies121

Do you usually go to Sephora by yourself or with someone else?

[ Edited ]

I prefer going by myself, especially during my lunch break.  I find it so relaxing to just take my time browsing and playing.  Besides most of my friends just wouldn't understand me walking out of there having spent as much as I usually do.  Every once in a while I'll pop in with my hubby but he's pretty great at keeping himself busy in the men's section.   :smileyhappy:

sjpayne

Re: Do you usually go to Sephora by yourself or with someone else?

(0) Hearts

I oftentimes go by myself, but prefer to go with my BFF.  I got her as addicted to makeup as I am, so we're both kids in a candy store when we shop in Sephora.  Both of our schedules can be difficult to work around, and sometimes there are things I just need, or want... and I have to go alone.

I generally like shopping with someone else no matter where I am.  They can enable/disable me as much as I need.  Salespeople are usually only there to enable, and sometimes the pressure can be too much.  Having another person with me, I guess I feel more confident about saying no?

newandaddicted

I like to go by myself.  My BIG Sephora is across from a VERY popular electronics store, so Hubster McSexy goes to his fun store and I go to mine.  BUT I'd rather go by myself because I go with a list of things I want to touch AND smell so I stay in there for HOURS.  

Missie772

I just had to give you a heart for the phrase "Hubster McSexy." I saw it on the front page of BT and I literally laughed out loud! Love it!

1SultrySCENTNut

(0) Hearts

NEITHER ! - I am an ONLINE Shopper . It is just so much better for me to shop online than to drive for over an hour and a half into the city, to waste gas-get aggravated with people/traffic-dress up when I don't want to - and at home, I can shop at 4 am in my UNDERWEAR!

So, if you count my Dogs and man, I guess you could say they are with me when I do my SEPHORA Shopping :smileywink:

heartsmyface

I have one friend I can go with and not feel rushed.  Just one.  I usually go in alone for this reason. I like taking my time and really making a mess of my arm before paying and making an exit.  I like it to be a fun and relaxing experience rather than feel guilty for boring someone. 

dolceloure

[ Edited ]

I definitely prefer to go alone. My sister loves Sephora too - and we always stop in the stores if we're out together and see one - but she likes to take a quick look and get out in a few minutes. It's impossible to go w/ any of my friends because they just don't get my fascination with swatching and spritzing and buying *anything* (especially after they've seen my existing collection)

miabt

What a fun topic!  I usually go alone because like many of you mentioned, I like to take my time!  BUT, I like to take my sister with me, since she usually will talk me down from buying products I dont need.  If I was by myself, my brain always rationalizes why I need it :smileywink:  My daughters also love to tag along... they touch everything & will bluntly tell me if something looks terrible on me!

xo, Mia

MikuNerd65

I like to go by myself as well...but sometimes i will bring other people. just they don't have as much fun as I do

sarinalove

I prefer to go by myself. Its way more relaxing and I can take my sweet **bleep** time to relax and look around for some sweet goodies! 

notcreative

I prefer to go by myself, so I can play.  When my husband goes with me, he tends to rush me.  My younger son tends to get impatient. My older son loves makeup and likes to try it on, but he puts it directly on his face.  He actually did that at Saks last night when I was not looking, so I do not know what germs he put on his face.  I tell him not to do it, but he waits for me to get distracted. 

jellybean917

I usually go by myself, but have recently found some great shopping buddies :smileyhappy: It's hard to drag friends/family along when they aren't as interested! My fiance does a great job, but I make sure we stop at a store for him where he can play too. I was a trooper at the lumber yard, even though there are spiders everywhere. Spidery lashes are only a little worse than real spiders :smileywink:

I am excited though, this weekend my friend actually wants to go to Sephora with me! She's going to be in a wedding and wants help picking out makeup for it. I've already thought of my look for her, I can't wait!

heartsmyface

My hubby and I will split up. He goes into the Apple store and I go into Sephora.  Sometimes it works in myfavour  cause he'll come collect me and pay for my goodies trying to get me out faster, lol. 

jozkid

Hopefully I am included in that? :smileyhappy:

RandeeBT

[ Edited ]

I go to Sephora by myself a lot of the time, but sometimes I get a chance to go to the store with one of my coworkers or another makeup addict friend which is always a lot of fun. Those trips seem to be the longest trips because we can spend hours swatching and discussing all of the items. :smileyhappy: I will also go into a store occasionally with a friend who isn't as obsessed with makeup. I go around pointing at all of my favorite products and showing them all the new stuff! 

Best,
Randee
crayzeeRN

I prefer to shop for makeup alone, none of my friends understand my obsession and probably couldn't put up with the amount of time I can wander and swatch in Sephora :smileyvery-happy: But for clothes shopping, I prefer to take friends that I know will be brutally honest when I want an opinion on how something looks on me :smileyvery-happy:

imbeautiful

I go with my husband I'm not allowed to drive or be out in public alone right now so he goes with me. It was so funny last Friday we went and I was getting a foundation match and he ran up to me put his hands in my face and in a very excited voice said. Here!! Here!! Smell my hands!! Now feel them!! They are so soft!! You totally should buy one of these!! lol I was cracking up!!!  He kept bringing me products and asking have you tried this? or this? or he would bring me something from a brand he knows I love and would ask if I had that yet. lololol  He is my sweetheart and always cleans any product with wipes I carry with me before I touch/buy the product. I spent HOURS in the store last week going over all the products and he really made it fun for me . :=) on the same note. The manager at this store also knows I can't/ won't purchase a item before cleaning it first and she cleans my items as she puts them in the bag. LOVE my local store and my husband!

RandeeBT

[ Edited ]

Thanks for sharing, imbeautiful! Your husbands sounds like a really sweet and patient guy! I'm also happy to hear that the manager and the staff at your local store are so helpful and thoughtful. :smileyvery-happy:

Best,
Randee
kssweetheart

Sounds like you struck gold! Twice, It's so sweet that your husband is so excited, sweet and helpful and that your SA remembers about cleaning things for you.

I really am glad that he goes with you and is so enthusiastic, must be like looking at things through a child's eyes for the very first time, when he makes these 'discoveries'. :smileyhappy: I hope the day will soon come when you're able to go out on your own, I'll mention that in my prayers for you. Hang in there.. :smileyhappy:

kssweetheart

[ Edited ]

I haven't actually been in a Sephora store yet. **collective gasp & clutch the pearls**

A friend went in and was going to try to pick something fun out for me, but she couldn't decide what to get, so she went with getting me a gift card, YES!! She did say that my head will probably explode when I finally get to a Sephora store. :smileyvery-happy:

When shopping cosmetic counters etc. I like doing both. Sometimes it's nice to have someone with me, because I can be very indecisive and it can be fun chatting and playing with things. On the other hand, sometimes it feels like someone is breathing down my neck if I go with someone else. At times I feel like I'm being judged a little if I'm not solo, think most of you know what that's like.

The biggest issue I have is when I'm Not alone and I hear the words, "Do you Really Need that?"

The little bubble that appears over my head reads, "Well, Yes, as a matter of fact..... I Do need this, and come to think of it, I need Two!!" I clearly have issues. That's a problem for me, it makes me crazy! 

annypoo

[ Edited ]

I prefer to go by myself so I can take my time. When I go with my boyfriend I feel bad he stands around and wait. Then he tends to wander elsewhere. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 99 replies
  • 279 hearts
  • 72 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • nins
    • lovinglondon
    • daisies121
    • sephoramusthave
    • killahbabe