kristamarielund

Do you ever return products?

I'm beginning to worry that the girls at Sephora hate seeing me coming in the door. LOL! I buy a whole lot of products, but if something doesn't work for me, I exchange it. It has to REALLY not work for me but I feel like Im a chronic "returner".

For example,  Ive finally found my perfect foundation and shade, but I bought a few that looked perfect in the store, and then when I bought it and wore it all day I found they would get much darker and orange a couple hours later. I cant see spending $40 on a foundation that looks awful on me and not exchanging it. 

How many of you ladies return stuff if it just doesn't work for you?

jisub89

Re: Do you ever return products?

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Practically nothing, because I do extensive research online and/or try to get samples before I buy anything. I'm probably most retailers' favorite type of customer because I only buy lol.

I do think you should return/exchange the foundation though since there's no point in keeping a shade that oxidizes so much on you. You could try to get a sample (SAs usually give generous portions that last a few days) and wear it a few hours in daylight before purchasing next time :smileyhappy:

meganlisa

(0) Hearts

I return.  It's Sephora's policy and we all return in other product categories so why not?  Having said that, I rarely return used items.  I do occasionally but only when I really think a product is bad (but really disappointing and inexcusably bad…which has only happened a few times).  

I understand that even unopened items sometimes get dumped.  And I do feel a little guilty.  I'm holding off on returning one expensive item now for that reason.  But it is the business and the policy…so I think it's a fair reality that people return sometimes.  Sephora can obviously still make money or they would change their policy.

I have been treated very rudely at some Sephora locations (Century City!) for returning.  It just means I stop buying at that store.

gailfus

(0) Hearts

I need to return an eyelash primer that I bought a month or so ago that just isn't working out for me, but I feel so awkward I haven't been back in yet. I have taken at least 3 breaks from using it to "be sure" it's the primer and not my mascara (though I've been using this particular one for months without issues when used alone) and not allergies or illness. I'm not having an allergic reaction, I just get a lot of deposits building up in my eyes and my eyes get drier than usual when I wear it. I'll be returning it tonight when I go to the mall. This is making me feel a little better--Thanks! 

snowshoe

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I return when I have to and feel no guilt whatsoever about doing it. 

That being said, I don't go in buying blindly with the thought of "oh, I can just br